October 25, 2014 | 1947 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2006 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Prapurn

This product is wonderful for oily skin! This powder is oil-controlling. It also can protect me for acne and pimple. But should be used only small amount, otherwise, your face will be dry. I'll definitely repurchase it, though it's too expensive for face powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by eleonoraditoledo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite loose powder. I use it to set my make-up, which I never have to touch again during the day or evening! I like the lavendar scent, which is only there when you put it on. I don't buy another other powder since I found this one. Be careful not to drop the heavy glass jar -- it doesn't break, but the cheap plastic lid does!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 1:23:00 AM More reviews by miranets

This is one of the best oil controlling powders I have ever used. I was reluctant to try because the white powder might make my skin look too pasty, but it absorbs nicely, and you can build the powder around your t-zone to absorb excess oil. This powder is completely natural, and has greater absorption powers than Mineral makeup (which when I first tried I thought was the creme de la creme).. This powder does leave my skin somewhat taut feeling if I apply too much, and especially if I have not moisturised properly. I am now considering to make my own DIY mixture with a large quantity of real silk, so it is not as drying with so much rice starch.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jjlee

I love this powder! Stark white, but becomes completely transparent on the skin. Great for setting makeup and removing shine. Lasts a long time. I recently bought Dr. Hauschka's body silk, but I think the Jurlique silk dust is superior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 12:00:00 PM More reviews by margiemoo

Beautiful powder that keeps my face matte all day. For 8g of powder this is priced very reasonably at $25AUD the last time I checked.. It's suitable for my PPP skin though I think it might give darker skinned people a white chalky cast effect. The packaging has a little 'sieve' in it to dispense the product as it comes in a little jar, though it's not very durable and the lid cracked when I was travelling. It's a bit heavy to cart around your bag as well.. though if you live in humid coniditions it's just perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jas_mine

it doesn't control oil very well. i now use it as a body powder and it last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

This product definitely exceeded my expectations. It's just a gorgeous product all around. I have it in Rose Dust, and the smell is incredible-- so feminine! The texture is very nice, and it really does help control oil!! I use it to set my make up, and I also use it for touch ups. It's truly translucent, and NEVER turns orange. (You pale ladies know what I'm talking about here.) Well worth the cost. It's really good for your skin too--- I even sleep in it to absorb oilies whilst I sleep, and I wake up with fewer break outs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A white loose powder that goes on translucent on skin. It does a great job of keeping shine away and controlling excessive oil on my t-zone. I apply this as a finishing after my makeup's done to keep my face stays fresh and matte longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by yulanda

My auntie picked this up for me in Australia so it was cheaper then purchasing it here in North America. This stuff keeps me fairly matte all day, which can't be said about a lot of other powders I've tried in the past. There is a slightly white mask upon application if I OD my face on this stuff, but it disappears within minutes. Also, no breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by iamnay99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am hooked up with this product coz' it makes my facial skin look toned and matte. i bought the rose version which was very nice(u need a while to be used to the scent) anyway, the thing i don't like is the price and the quantity. i found that i run out of it within a month. when i looked at the bottle side. it is only 8g which is very small amoun that doesn't worth the price. but anyway, if i found somewhere that i can buy it cheaper, o would repurchase for sure.