April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by product_junkie6

I am reviewing the "Original" formula of this product.

I bought this soap because lately I've been having a reaction to Dove soap (no idea why). And I heard that glycerin soap usually has less ingredients so it's less irritating. Apparently, that's not all together true...

Here's why I hate this soap:
- THE SMELL! I really cannot tolerate the smell of this. It smells rot...
- It leaves a (stinky) film on my skin
- It really dries out my skin

Thankfully, it melts really fast (which is usually a bad thing, but I want to use this up fast).

IMO, Pears is a much better glycerin soap than this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by octoberx

Great price, but I don't really like it. Dries out my skin, causing it to overproduce oils making me break out even more. I thought it would be good seeing as my skin likes Neutrogena, but I guess I was wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin and a perfume allergy, so I thought this would be a good choice(the fragrence free formula). I was dead wrong. If you have very light(and I'm talking the "I can't find a concealer as pale as me" kinda light) and senstive skin, DO NOT risk putting this on your face! I used it only once and it has really irritated my face. My face is bright red - I look like I have a severe sun burn or wind burn. It feels wind burnt. It's very sore. My skin feels dry and tight. It seems to irritated a mild break out I currently have. Applying anything to my face(makeups, moisturizers etc) burns. I don't know what this stuff did to my face, but it's not good. I usually have good results with Neutrogena, but not in this case.Epic thumbs DOWN.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I am no longer going to use this soap, It is starting to make my cheeks red, itchy and slightly burning. My son has started to experience itching on his cheeks. We are never going to purchase this again and are stopping the use of it today! We are going to try out Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar. I have been looking for something very basic to use on our skin that cleanses it but doesn't irritate it, hopefully this is it cause I would prefer it to be inexpensive.**********************************************
I have only been using this product now for 3 days and so has my son. He is 10 years old and had what looked like the start of acne on his cheeks. He has had little flesh colored bumps on his skin for a very long time, and after using this soap, they are starting to fade and his cheeks are smooth again. I have noticed that my skin is looking smoother and more even toned. So far we are loving this facial bar. I have very sensitive skin and it has not dried my face out yet. I do not use it on my eyes, I use eye makeup remover for that. I also follow up with Olay's basic sensitive skin lotion with SPF. My son just uses the bar. I will update this in a week to let you know if we still love it after that. I bought the fragrance free version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 5:36:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To me this is a classic... this was the first acne treatment I have ever used in my life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the original bar formula, and I find it to be adequate at cleansing. I use a brush from Merle Norman and gently scrub my face. I follow this with witch hazel, and then Eucerin Co-Q 10 Creme for sensitive skin. I don't like the strange smell, but considering I follow woth witch hazel, one cancels out the other. I will repurchase but in the fragrance free version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Isela415

I usually buy expensive stuff for my face because I want to take good care of it. But I used this just because I grabbed it last minute and wow am I suprised. It left my skin feeling so clean. It takes off make-up so easily. I love it. And I don't have to spend 40 dollars on something to wash my face with (although I do use expensive moisturizers after). Loved it, so save your money ladies (and gents) buy this and spend your money on your moisturizers, because truely you just need a clean face to apply the stuff that is actually going to do the anti-aging work. Oh... and I'm giving it a four because I dislike the smell, but I'll get over it. Its a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this today. It did leave my face feeling slightly coated and congested, but it cleaned my skin without overdrying. The smell is really atrocious, somewhat murky and dank. I wish I had known beforehand that it contains sodium tallowate, which is salt from animal fat. I won't be rebuying this, but my family is fine with using this up.

I'm on the lookout for an all-natural olive oil soap, which is supposed to be gentler than this soap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep buying neutrogena things, even though they aways screw up my skin. I never learn...
This was no different. My skin isn't too bad at all, mild breakouts, clogged pores. Recently I started breaking out ALL over my face, in cysts! Whiteheads too, I thought it was my makeup that I've been using forever. Then I realized this was the only thing different I've been using, and I noticed right now that when I stopped using it for a week, my skin cleared up. I guess to each her own, but neutrogena freaks my skin out, skin care and makeup. This is now my hand soap.
Unfortunately before I realized this I just used it again tonight now that my skin is better, I pray tomorrow my face won't look like pizza.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff was awful, it made me breakout and left my skin really dry. It did not work for me.