August 20, 2014 | 970 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this a great bar cleanser if you don't have very acne-prone skin. It does do a nice job of removing makeup and cleasing your face. However, if your skin is acne prone, as mine is, I would suggest the Neutrogena bar for acne prone skin. I would cease buying this product only if my skin miraculously becomes free of acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by estle

This product dries my skin, but it cleans well. I won't ever purchase cause it really dries my skin. But living in mile hi city, dry skin is what you get, so I dunno.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This soap is great for everyday maintenance on my oily skin. I was using it everyday for about a year until i started discovering the world of handmade complexion soaps and i couldn't help but dive in! I do keep a bar of this around at all times tho, just in case.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by product_junkie6

I am reviewing the "Original" formula of this product.

I bought this soap because lately I've been having a reaction to Dove soap (no idea why). And I heard that glycerin soap usually has less ingredients so it's less irritating. Apparently, that's not all together true...

Here's why I hate this soap:
- THE SMELL! I really cannot tolerate the smell of this. It smells rot...
- It leaves a (stinky) film on my skin
- It really dries out my skin

Thankfully, it melts really fast (which is usually a bad thing, but I want to use this up fast).

IMO, Pears is a much better glycerin soap than this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by octoberx

Great price, but I don't really like it. Dries out my skin, causing it to overproduce oils making me break out even more. I thought it would be good seeing as my skin likes Neutrogena, but I guess I was wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin and a perfume allergy, so I thought this would be a good choice(the fragrence free formula). I was dead wrong. If you have very light(and I'm talking the "I can't find a concealer as pale as me" kinda light) and senstive skin, DO NOT risk putting this on your face! I used it only once and it has really irritated my face. My face is bright red - I look like I have a severe sun burn or wind burn. It feels wind burnt. It's very sore. My skin feels dry and tight. It seems to irritated a mild break out I currently have. Applying anything to my face(makeups, moisturizers etc) burns. I don't know what this stuff did to my face, but it's not good. I usually have good results with Neutrogena, but not in this case.Epic thumbs DOWN.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I am no longer going to use this soap, It is starting to make my cheeks red, itchy and slightly burning. My son has started to experience itching on his cheeks. We are never going to purchase this again and are stopping the use of it today! We are going to try out Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar. I have been looking for something very basic to use on our skin that cleanses it but doesn't irritate it, hopefully this is it cause I would prefer it to be inexpensive.**********************************************
I have only been using this product now for 3 days and so has my son. He is 10 years old and had what looked like the start of acne on his cheeks. He has had little flesh colored bumps on his skin for a very long time, and after using this soap, they are starting to fade and his cheeks are smooth again. I have noticed that my skin is looking smoother and more even toned. So far we are loving this facial bar. I have very sensitive skin and it has not dried my face out yet. I do not use it on my eyes, I use eye makeup remover for that. I also follow up with Olay's basic sensitive skin lotion with SPF. My son just uses the bar. I will update this in a week to let you know if we still love it after that. I bought the fragrance free version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 5:36:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To me this is a classic... this was the first acne treatment I have ever used in my life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the original bar formula, and I find it to be adequate at cleansing. I use a brush from Merle Norman and gently scrub my face. I follow this with witch hazel, and then Eucerin Co-Q 10 Creme for sensitive skin. I don't like the strange smell, but considering I follow woth witch hazel, one cancels out the other. I will repurchase but in the fragrance free version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Isela415

I usually buy expensive stuff for my face because I want to take good care of it. But I used this just because I grabbed it last minute and wow am I suprised. It left my skin feeling so clean. It takes off make-up so easily. I love it. And I don't have to spend 40 dollars on something to wash my face with (although I do use expensive moisturizers after). Loved it, so save your money ladies (and gents) buy this and spend your money on your moisturizers, because truely you just need a clean face to apply the stuff that is actually going to do the anti-aging work. Oh... and I'm giving it a four because I dislike the smell, but I'll get over it. Its a great product.