April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this primer for awhile and then I stopped. Its then I realised how much it was doing for my makeup to stay on after a big night. The tube lasts for a couple months as you only need a little bit which is a plus. The only thing is I have to wait a couple minutes for it to sink in else it doesnt work 100%. Still love it though

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by VegeJunkie

I have always had the problem where my skin goes flakey, dry and bumpy around my eyes and forehead as soon as the liquid foundation goes on... even when I use tons of moisturizer. I have tried a few primers but none made a difference.

However I picked up this at my local Napoleon Perdis counter in a sample and noticed my foundation went on super smooth and my skin did not go dry or flakey or bumpy at all. As soon as I used up the sample tube and went and bought the full product.

The good:
. Moisturizing and gets rid of scaly skin look under liquid foundation
. Has a sweet light scent
. The tube lasts a long time

The bad:
. For the price it does not make your makeup last super long
. The price (at least for a minimium wage student like me) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by JordanMayTwigs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in a swap with a lovely young lady on MUA.com.
I was curious to try it out!!

I like the smell of it.
But don't know if I like the feel of it when first applied to the skin.
It feels sticky.
And you have to REALLY work it into your skin.

I use tinted mousturizer and RAW Minerals fondation this time of year.
But I think I'm going to try it with my MAC Mineralized Fondation.

I am very impressed with this product over all.
Since it stopped my fondation from oxidizing through out the day.
And kept my makeup from slipping.

I'm not sure if it has any harmful sidde effects yet.
But I will edit this if anything happens from now until than.

Peace Love && Lipstick!!
XOXOXOXO
JordanMayTwigs

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS
Dimethicone (silicone) does help the makeup glide on better
Nice scent
Botanical "free radical scavengers"

CONS
Thick heavy texture
Expensive NZ $47.50
Made my skin break out with deep sore pimples - Palmitate, a known comedogenic (pore blocking) agent was #2 in the ingredients list, after water

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Yarrow Extract (Achillea Millefolium), Chamomile Extract (Chamomilla Recutita Flower), Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by amandaedista

This product did pretty much nothing for the wear of my foundation. I've given it two lippies only for the smooth application and consistency and the smell. I think it's good as a moisturiser as your skin feels smooth and fresh, but doesn't live up to being a foundation primer. My makeup just melts off when using this. In terms of packaging quality, it's a screw top, but the product is so light and wet it will sometimes leak onto the top. Bleh...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by jm1991

This product really disappointed me. I'm usually a really big fan of Napoleon Perdis makeup and everything else is great except for their primer. Apparently it's their most popular product but it really failed me. I've used the ModelCo facebase primer before and loved it but hearing good things about this primer i decided to try it out. The difference between this primer and the ModelCo one is the consistency. The ModelCo one is more of a gel and contains Dimenthicone which is in all the best selling primers (Smashbox, its also the active ingredient in Monistat chaffing relief gel which is apparently an amazing primer). But when I went to apply the Napoleon primer it was a real runny formula. It didn't feel like it did anything for my skin, makeup wise. It felt worse than applying my regular moisturizer! Because I feel this is just what this is, a really expensive moisturizer. I paid $47.50 for it which cost me more than my foundation!! And as soon as I began applying my foundation it was as if it was just coming off and I applied it with a foundation brush. Usually my foundation does a really good job coverage wise but this is supposed to make it even better but I thought it made it worse. However I did give it 3 lippies because at the end of the day my foundation looked good (maybe it was the lighting because it looked better than in the morning when i applied!!) and it smells really nice. But i will not be repurchasing, i think i'll stick with my modelco primer. Disappointed with Napoleon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by amz410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the way this primer feels on my skin. It's very light and moisturing but not oily - it makes my foundation (whether liquid, powder or mineral powder) look much smoother. It was pretty cheap, and easy to use. I took one lipstick off because I'm not sure if it actually helps my make-up last any longer, but in my experience, it certainly makes it look nicer and feel better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cadenceq

Like all Napoleon products, I HATE THIS.

You may as well rub cooking fat into your skin with the effect this gives.

It is a sticky, disgusting mess which doesn't settle well (I know primer is meant to sit on the skin surface not absorb, but you know what I mean, it should settle and dry onto the surface, this one doesn't). I put it on, put hot rollers into my hair (took ten minutes) and thought I should be able to put my make-up on while the rollers set.....Wrong. I waited, and waited, and finally took the rollers out (my hair was done BEFORE my make-up), and it was still sticky and tacky, which it shouldn't be because I model and my skin is always in top condition.

After 40 minutes (how long it takes my hair) I ended up rubbing this off (and I mean rubbing, because it's disgusting and pasty), and doing my make-up without a primer. I didn't even get to trial a day with it because it was so awful it had to come off. I could only imagine how it would go, and how bad it could be for someone with bad skin.

I relegated this to my little nieces play make-up collection (where all my bad trials and bad freebies go).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Fit

It made a difference to the amount of t-zone oil secretions for a few hours and it kept my makeup ok. Makeup artists recommend primers to mask pores and scars but I didn't get great results in that regard. I think it did help though. Overall I'm happy with the product but would not purchase this product with unrealistic expectations.

EDIT -- A caution to others to be careful with application in the creases of the nose and to make sure it's all removed during the cleansing process. After using this product the blackheads in the crease of my nose grew quite a lot. I didn't notice this until after I'd written the above review and figure I got a bit carried away with the application.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the way it goes on and instantly sinks into the skin, but I don't feel that it makes my makeup last all day...maybe a few hours. It does go on nicely and like one of the other reviewers said, gives the skin a cooling sensation at first. I probably would not purchase this...thank goodness I had a sample and didn't go out and spend $$ on this. I prefer the Sephora primer or Smashbox primer.