Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

Okay I got sucked into the reviews of this in a magazine I was reading at the hairdressers not long ago and bought some last week. I have to say that the others are correct in that it is nothing more than a lightweight moisturizer for the skin. I applied it before makeup and then went to work and even though my makeup was still on in the afternoon, my face seemed very shiny. Not that nice flushy type of shine either. It was downright oily shiny. I know it is nothing that blotting paper can't fix but I didn't really have that problem before using the Auto Pilot. I will never purchase again. Big waste of my money. Thumbs down.

on 7/29/2009 3:56:00 AM

I ran out of my HG primer (Mac Prep and Prime) and was in a bind, being stuck in a country town and needing a replacement. I managed to get a hold of this Napoleon primer which was decently priced, and looked like it might do the trick.

On application, it glides quite easily across the skin but that's when the magic stops. The primer itself sort of sits on your face looking shiny and sticky and thick, even after applying foundation. Through the night, my face turned more and more pink and more and more shinier. I looked like i had oil dripped on my face.

Since that night, i've given it another two goes but have always ended up with a pink shiny face. On the third go, I reacted very badly and got a huge rash.

I've now thrown it in the bin, 90% full . Just horrible stuff.

on 7/25/2009 12:34:00 AM

I have been using this for three days. Prior to using this, my skin was clear. I now have not one, not two, but FIVE painful zits on my face. I am not happy and will not be putting this on my face ever again. :( It made my make-up look nice, but didn't notice much in making my makeup last longer.

on 7/18/2009 8:54:00 AM

This primer did absolutely nothing for me. It doesn't make my make-up stay on any longer than it does without it. It's very lightweight, but it leaves a slightly sticky residue on the skin. I also think it smells strange, not very nice but it isn't the worst product i've ever smelt. I've used far better primers, this was dissapointing.

on 7/11/2009 6:20:00 AM

I haven't really tried any other primers this was a first for me i bought it a while ago and to be honest only used it when i'm goin out it goes on really nicely smells good too i haven't had any probs with it, and a little goes a long way.

on 5/31/2009 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Love the smell. Glides on well, don't need much to cover the whole face. Takes a bit of time to absorb. Definitely makes my skin break out. I haven't noticed it making my make-up stay on longer and better, so it's a "nice to have" product. Bought it couple of times previously, but not too sure now.

on 5/23/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this primer for awhile and then I stopped. Its then I realised how much it was doing for my makeup to stay on after a big night. The tube lasts for a couple months as you only need a little bit which is a plus. The only thing is I have to wait a couple minutes for it to sink in else it doesnt work 100%. Still love it though

on 5/20/2009 8:50:00 AM

I have always had the problem where my skin goes flakey, dry and bumpy around my eyes and forehead as soon as the liquid foundation goes on... even when I use tons of moisturizer. I have tried a few primers but none made a difference.

However I picked up this at my local Napoleon Perdis counter in a sample and noticed my foundation went on super smooth and my skin did not go dry or flakey or bumpy at all. As soon as I used up the sample tube and went and bought the full product.

The good:
. Moisturizing and gets rid of scaly skin look under liquid foundation
. Has a sweet light scent
. The tube lasts a long time

The bad:
. For the price it does not make your makeup last super long
. The price (at least for a minimium wage student like me) continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this product in a swap with a lovely young lady on
I was curious to try it out!!

I like the smell of it.
But don't know if I like the feel of it when first applied to the skin.
It feels sticky.
And you have to REALLY work it into your skin.

I use tinted mousturizer and RAW Minerals fondation this time of year.
But I think I'm going to try it with my MAC Mineralized Fondation.

I am very impressed with this product over all.
Since it stopped my fondation from oxidizing through out the day.
And kept my makeup from slipping.

I'm not sure if it has any harmful sidde effects yet.
But I will edit this if anything happens from now until than.

Peace Love && Lipstick!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dimethicone (silicone) does help the makeup glide on better
Nice scent
Botanical "free radical scavengers"

Thick heavy texture
Expensive NZ $47.50
Made my skin break out with deep sore pimples - Palmitate, a known comedogenic (pore blocking) agent was #2 in the ingredients list, after water

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Yarrow Extract (Achillea Millefolium), Chamomile Extract (Chamomilla Recutita Flower), Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA