November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This primer did absolutely nothing for me. It doesn't make my make-up stay on any longer than it does without it. It's very lightweight, but it leaves a slightly sticky residue on the skin. I also think it smells strange, not very nice but it isn't the worst product i've ever smelt. I've used far better primers, this was dissapointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by saramla

I haven't really tried any other primers this was a first for me i bought it a while ago and to be honest only used it when i'm goin out it goes on really nicely smells good too i haven't had any probs with it, and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by renatasydney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Other

Love the smell. Glides on well, don't need much to cover the whole face. Takes a bit of time to absorb. Definitely makes my skin break out. I haven't noticed it making my make-up stay on longer and better, so it's a "nice to have" product. Bought it couple of times previously, but not too sure now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this primer for awhile and then I stopped. Its then I realised how much it was doing for my makeup to stay on after a big night. The tube lasts for a couple months as you only need a little bit which is a plus. The only thing is I have to wait a couple minutes for it to sink in else it doesnt work 100%. Still love it though

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by VegeJunkie

I have always had the problem where my skin goes flakey, dry and bumpy around my eyes and forehead as soon as the liquid foundation goes on... even when I use tons of moisturizer. I have tried a few primers but none made a difference.

However I picked up this at my local Napoleon Perdis counter in a sample and noticed my foundation went on super smooth and my skin did not go dry or flakey or bumpy at all. As soon as I used up the sample tube and went and bought the full product.

The good:
. Moisturizing and gets rid of scaly skin look under liquid foundation
. Has a sweet light scent
. The tube lasts a long time

The bad:
. For the price it does not make your makeup last super long
. The price (at least for a minimium wage student like me) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by JordanMayTwigs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in a swap with a lovely young lady on MUA.com.
I was curious to try it out!!

I like the smell of it.
But don't know if I like the feel of it when first applied to the skin.
It feels sticky.
And you have to REALLY work it into your skin.

I use tinted mousturizer and RAW Minerals fondation this time of year.
But I think I'm going to try it with my MAC Mineralized Fondation.

I am very impressed with this product over all.
Since it stopped my fondation from oxidizing through out the day.
And kept my makeup from slipping.

I'm not sure if it has any harmful sidde effects yet.
But I will edit this if anything happens from now until than.

Peace Love && Lipstick!!
XOXOXOXO
JordanMayTwigs

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS
Dimethicone (silicone) does help the makeup glide on better
Nice scent
Botanical "free radical scavengers"

CONS
Thick heavy texture
Expensive NZ $47.50
Made my skin break out with deep sore pimples - Palmitate, a known comedogenic (pore blocking) agent was #2 in the ingredients list, after water

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Yarrow Extract (Achillea Millefolium), Chamomile Extract (Chamomilla Recutita Flower), Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by amandaedista

This product did pretty much nothing for the wear of my foundation. I've given it two lippies only for the smooth application and consistency and the smell. I think it's good as a moisturiser as your skin feels smooth and fresh, but doesn't live up to being a foundation primer. My makeup just melts off when using this. In terms of packaging quality, it's a screw top, but the product is so light and wet it will sometimes leak onto the top. Bleh...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by jm1991

This product really disappointed me. I'm usually a really big fan of Napoleon Perdis makeup and everything else is great except for their primer. Apparently it's their most popular product but it really failed me. I've used the ModelCo facebase primer before and loved it but hearing good things about this primer i decided to try it out. The difference between this primer and the ModelCo one is the consistency. The ModelCo one is more of a gel and contains Dimenthicone which is in all the best selling primers (Smashbox, its also the active ingredient in Monistat chaffing relief gel which is apparently an amazing primer). But when I went to apply the Napoleon primer it was a real runny formula. It didn't feel like it did anything for my skin, makeup wise. It felt worse than applying my regular moisturizer! Because I feel this is just what this is, a really expensive moisturizer. I paid $47.50 for it which cost me more than my foundation!! And as soon as I began applying my foundation it was as if it was just coming off and I applied it with a foundation brush. Usually my foundation does a really good job coverage wise but this is supposed to make it even better but I thought it made it worse. However I did give it 3 lippies because at the end of the day my foundation looked good (maybe it was the lighting because it looked better than in the morning when i applied!!) and it smells really nice. But i will not be repurchasing, i think i'll stick with my modelco primer. Disappointed with Napoleon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by amz410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the way this primer feels on my skin. It's very light and moisturing but not oily - it makes my foundation (whether liquid, powder or mineral powder) look much smoother. It was pretty cheap, and easy to use. I took one lipstick off because I'm not sure if it actually helps my make-up last any longer, but in my experience, it certainly makes it look nicer and feel better.