MAC Powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved

3.7

cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, jojoba seed oil, ceresin, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have always been on the lookout for the best black eyeliner. Most eyeliners smudge on me after a few minutes of application and the humid weather doesn't really help at all. I noticed the difference the first time I used this, the eyeliner was super-creamy I didn't have to pull my lids just to draw a precise line. Without AC, my eyes did not look like a raccoon's after a few minutes, in fact the color was still true even if I stayed out of the AC for a full hour. I was happy to see how it stayed put the entire day, smiling at my reflection whenever I get a glimpse. When I got home though, I noticed a little smudging on my lower lash line. It's not as bad as what I used to get with drugstore-purchased liners though. Far from it. By the way, you need a good eye makeup remover for this co'z it definitely stays on.

on 5/7/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My HG eyeliner! Nothing else stays like this liner & doesn't irritate my eyes.

on 5/5/2010 10:47:00 AM

I bought this as an alternative to a black liquid liner hoping that it wouldn't smudge but give me the security of a pencil liner.
This liner doesn't really have the wearability or the water resistance like what the MAC sales girl told me but I do concede that the colour pigmentation is amazing and one application is even for it to show.
I found that this liner does smudge like a kohl liner so if you are hoping for a precision liner just go to the MAC liquid liners which are fantastic.

on 4/26/2010 1:32:00 AM

My first MAC product and is still my HG eyeliner. It goes on smooth, does not smudge at all (compared to "Smolder") and is perfect for use on upper, lower lid and waterline.

The only downside is that it is not a true black, and you definitely go through it fast especially if you use it everyday! It's worth it though since you can see the difference in quality vs drugstore and this (and comparable brands) - total MAC convert after this.

on 4/2/2010 10:10:00 PM

This product SUCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I bought it because I wanted a creamy black liner..but in fact it was soo dry and hard i think they sold me an old one because it was soo hard to spread and smudge it on my top lashline. When I finally got a somewhat good line my eyes felt sore from all the tugging....But heres the worst part...when I tried to take it off at the end of the day it wouldn't budge. I had to keep scrubbing my eyes with makeup remover and the residue woundn't leave. The skin around my eyes is red and sore from trying to remove this...I would definately not purchase this again because it's not worth all the pain. I will stick to my Dior eyeliner, or even Maybelline because its so creamy and easy to use and to remove. I would give this zero lippies if i could....dont waste your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Not worth the money! Smudges on the crease after a few hours, and very little staying power on the waterline. It doesn't 'set' either, you can take your finger, wipe your eye, and this eyeliner would easily come off.

on 2/21/2010 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm a bit eyeliner-impaired when it comes to applying a straight line so I went to MAC to find the easiest simple black pencil that would go on very smooth and creamy and not look a mess. The sales girl recommended this for lining on top and inner rims. I like it overall because it is smooth and creamy... it doesnt stay on as long as my cheapie covergirl liner tho. Its definately a soft black- not very bold. But I like that. Overall, I think I'd repurchase just because its so easy to work with and creamy but I'm sure there are better liners out there... so Im a little torn.

on 2/2/2010 10:13:00 PM

been using this eyeliner for four years now. love it.

could be darker, but other than that this is perfect. stays on my upper lashline and waterline all day (but i don't have watery eyes or anything)

on 1/29/2010 11:28:00 AM

Great eyeliner pencil, I've gone through quite a few of them in order to find the perfect one that will not smudge and this one is up there!

I find that there's more product to it than the twist up eyeliners and has great colour pay off. It's also incredibly smooth and soft and one of the few eyeliners that can at times, last me the whole day!

on 1/24/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

i love this eye liner! it doesnt smudge, last all day (no need for touch ups) glides on (like butter lol) & its super black. If u want to smudge it for a smokey eye look, you have to do it fast because it drys FAST. i recommend it & will buy again.

Top Rated MAC Products