Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony

4.3

on 1/16/2007 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wouldn't consider this eyeliner to be my HG, but it is definitely up there. Takes some practice to put on but goes on 100% easier with the Paula Dorf transformer brush. (Thanks for the tip MUA raters!) I put it underneath my eyelashes on my upper lid, and makes my already sparse eyelashes look great and gives me that "certain something". Stays on all day and comes off easy with my eyemakeup remover. If you love cake eyeliner, this is worth the price!

on 1/14/2007 5:07:00 AM

This is the only eyeliner I use. I've tried various other gel-based and cake eyeliners and this is by far, the easiest to apply. I apply it with a bobby brown brush and with a few drops of water. It washes off gently--no scrubbing!

on 1/9/2007 12:27:00 AM

This is a great eyeliner. Super easy to apply and looks great. It lasts a long time too. I use my MAC water based mixing medium and dip my brush in it and then we t the liner a bit and brush it on my lids. It is amazing and I will definitely buy it again.

on 12/10/2006 11:48:00 PM

This product is quite good especially for lining the upper lids. I find it a bit high maintenance for every day use because it is time consuming to get a perfect line with an eyeliner brush. The product has great staying power, but I would say that I reserve it more for weekend use.

on 10/10/2006 1:13:00 AM

Very black, very pigmented and makes for a beautifully crisp line when I mix it with a drop of Visine and apply it with my Paula Dorf Transformer brush (it's similar to a push liner brush, but the head is tiny and the bristles form a slight c-curve rather than being straight across--makes tightlining a breeze!) Did not fade or transfer onto my lower lashline at all. I paid $15 for the pan (since I can just pop it into one of my MAC 4-pans) and am very well satisfied as it seems like I"ll be using this until I'm a granny :)

on 9/29/2006 4:19:00 PM

HG :) Makes your eyes pop. Won't make you look like those girls with a thick black line over their lids (which I find very disturbing). AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE for Asians with folded eyelids (you know what I'm talking about :P), I am Asian with folded eyelids and it is perfect.

on 7/22/2006 1:39:00 PM

Cool concept. You wet the pan and build up the intensity of the darkness on the brush before using it normally or using LM's own tightlining method of pushing liner at the roots only. Long-lasting, rich color that doesn't smudge. I'm a fan -- now on to more colors!

on 7/13/2006 5:59:00 PM

Wow!!! I,normally, will not go out of the bed without my eyeliner on.This is my HG eyeliner!! A beautiful true black that helps to open my eyes. I can also line it for a drammatic look or natural-day time look.
Anyway, i've found that it smudges a bit after five-six hours. So i tried to wet my brush with Mac mixing medium water based instead of water...and it works! It stays put much more longer. Try!

edit: avoid it in humid day. It smears like crazy.

on 6/15/2006 7:37:00 PM

Another true HG!!!!A beautiful true black cake liner.I use it with my LM flat brush to push the product into the under part of my top lashes.Creates an amazing result.

on 6/15/2006 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. I find that it give more of a natural look. Putting it under the top lashes really makes your lashes look like you fake ones on. Great for people who love the natural look and who have trouble putting on traditonal eyeliner. This product is mistake proof. Tip: Try not to blink right after application cause it needs to dry for about 10 seconds. Otherwise you might run into a little mess.