October 24, 2014 | 1841 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by sandyichiban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only eyeliner I use. I've tried various other gel-based and cake eyeliners and this is by far, the easiest to apply. I apply it with a bobby brown brush and with a few drops of water. It washes off gently--no scrubbing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Shavwi

This is a great eyeliner. Super easy to apply and looks great. It lasts a long time too. I use my MAC water based mixing medium and dip my brush in it and then we t the liner a bit and brush it on my lids. It is amazing and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jenn168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is quite good especially for lining the upper lids. I find it a bit high maintenance for every day use because it is time consuming to get a perfect line with an eyeliner brush. The product has great staying power, but I would say that I reserve it more for weekend use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Very black, very pigmented and makes for a beautifully crisp line when I mix it with a drop of Visine and apply it with my Paula Dorf Transformer brush (it's similar to a push liner brush, but the head is tiny and the bristles form a slight c-curve rather than being straight across--makes tightlining a breeze!) Did not fade or transfer onto my lower lashline at all. I paid $15 for the pan (since I can just pop it into one of my MAC 4-pans) and am very well satisfied as it seems like I"ll be using this until I'm a granny :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG :) Makes your eyes pop. Won't make you look like those girls with a thick black line over their lids (which I find very disturbing). AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE for Asians with folded eyelids (you know what I'm talking about :P), I am Asian with folded eyelids and it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Cool concept. You wet the pan and build up the intensity of the darkness on the brush before using it normally or using LM's own tightlining method of pushing liner at the roots only. Long-lasting, rich color that doesn't smudge. I'm a fan -- now on to more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Cucciolotta

Wow!!! I,normally, will not go out of the bed without my eyeliner on.This is my HG eyeliner!! A beautiful true black that helps to open my eyes. I can also line it for a drammatic look or natural-day time look.
Anyway, i've found that it smudges a bit after five-six hours. So i tried to wet my brush with Mac mixing medium water based instead of water...and it works! It stays put much more longer. Try!

edit: avoid it in humid day. It smears like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by boogs77

Another true HG!!!!A beautiful true black cake liner.I use it with my LM flat brush to push the product into the under part of my top lashes.Creates an amazing result.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by 4665325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I find that it give more of a natural look. Putting it under the top lashes really makes your lashes look like you fake ones on. Great for people who love the natural look and who have trouble putting on traditonal eyeliner. This product is mistake proof. Tip: Try not to blink right after application cause it needs to dry for about 10 seconds. Otherwise you might run into a little mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

LM has some great products. I love her Mahogany Brown cake liner but wanted to try something with a little more "omph" to give me that European look a la Sophia Loren circa 1966 (Unfortunately, I don't resemble Ms. Loren at all). This liner is perfect as it's not too dark and stays for most of the day on my uber oily eyelids (With help from UDPP).