October 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I am in LOVE with this powder. I cant believe of all my years being a MAC fan I never used this! I wear an NC40 shade and this shade blends MAGICALY with my skintone. I LOVE it! I use the 181 brush to buff this in and it looks FLAWLESS> I dont get any oil and it does NOT alter the color of my foundation. It looks really light in the pan but it is not pigmented at ALL! I can easily say this is one of my favorite MAC products. I dont use the sponge as I never do. I always just use brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of powder. This doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask but still manages to tone down shine. Plus since there is barely any color, it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I've been using for years and nothing compares. I am an NC44.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xLilyx

No doubt the best powder ever! I have tried so many and this is by far the best, I always go back to it and now it is the only powder I will buy even though it is so expensive.

I have combination/oily skin and this powder controls shine very well compared to all other powders I have used. Only have to touch up once or twice a day round the t-zone area.

I apply it with a brush to set my foundation, and then use the sponge to touch up during the day.

I also used to use it as a foundation, good for those who have very oily skin. I would put concealer on first and then use the sponge to apply the blot powder all over my face and it provides very good coverage.

I got recommended medium/dark the very first time I bought it which I was quite suprised at since I am quite pale-medium. But the colour match is perfect, and is not meant to add colour to you anyways as it is supposed to be translucent.

Definitely recommend this product, just dislike the price!

12/11 UPDATE
Still LOVING this product. Must've gone through around 20+ since discovering it. A M A Z I N G.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the mirror, not so much the sponge. I don't like the way the makeup cakes on it in one use, I prefer to use a brush. It does exactly what it says on the packaging - blots away shine! I prefer to use blotting papers first, then sweep this over my face. It is lovely.

Seriously though, for this price, I won't buy it again. I have found other, cheaper alternatives which work exaclty the same and there is no need for me to waste money on this again.

Sadly, I dropped this on my way to school one day! It shattered. I managed to salvage some of it - not all of it landed on the floor. But overall, a sad day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by skimcap

I really like this for touch ups during the day because it reduces the shine without really adding more product onto the face because no matter how mattifying a foundation, your face will get shiny after a couple of hours. I thought I would be a Light considering my skin tone but I found that Medium Dark was actually a better match because light was so pinky and this shade is more yellow and because it is actually more transulcent its just the name. This a staple in my handbag for a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by dapich

These days I prefer a more luminous finish so I don't use this much anymore. I use to go through a compact quickly as I used to have oily skin although I have never had serious acne. This product does what it should do and keeps your skin matte. Lately I feel like it gives too much of a dry and dull look. Also I have used the color dark in the past which was a better match for my nc44 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ARIEL17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product and it helps really well with my oily skin. I just blot a bit of powder and takes away my shine! Instead of using those clean and clear wipes to take of my oil, (which get expensive because i use them alot), i use this when im wearing makeup! it works great, and i recommend this for oily skin people!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I am very impressed with this product. If I buff it into my face, it lasts a lot longer than if I simply apply it with a powder brush.
I have oily combination skin and generally it is shiny within a few hours (as in, 3 or 4 to be honest) after washing, regardless of whether I wear makeup or not.
However, I feel like this powder really minimises it and should be very transparent as long as you have the right colour match.
I will keep re-purchasing this, unless I find something better which I so far have not!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say I love this pressed blot powder. I've been using this for about a year and I think it's the best Mac purchase I've made. I have a super oily T-zone so I have to freshen up my face during the day so I don't look like I have a bucket of oil on my face. I previously tried Urban Decay's De-slick mattifying powder which is a white powder in the compact and is $29! It turned my face white and you didn't look natural. It doesn't compare to this blot powder and is cheaper($22)! This has become a staple in my makeup bag, so oily girls out there I highly recommend this to you, makes you look re-freshened and of course takes all the oilys out of your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I get oily pretty fast so I decided to give this a try. It works really well to tone down the oil on my face but if I'm out for the whole day, I still need to use my blotting tissues because this just feels like its building up on my face. Overall, its a great product that I always have with me.