November 23, 2014 | 1223 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product simply did nothing for me. I really wanted to love it, especially after these amazing MUA reviews but I was unable to finish even one pan of this product. The consistency of this powder is strange and cakey for me, and as others have said doesn't serve that well as a foundation powder. As a setting powder it's alright but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by starslut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have barely used this product, but it looks wonderful so far. The main reason I'm writing this review now, so early in the product's initiation into my routine, is the exceptionally misleading reviews below.

Two MUAers have commented that the size of this powder foundation is smaller than most, and imply that either Palladio or Sally's is trying to pull one over on you.'

lol. No, those reviewers are doing bad math. I think they are comparing grams and ounces, but I'm not 100%

Philosophy Supernatural is .33 oz, Maybelline Minerals are .28 oz, AHAVA minerals are .30 oz, etc., etc.

All compare in size to Palladio's .28 oz. Let the purveyors of bad math and crushers of drugstore makeup dreams be silenced.

Onward my beauties, onward.

25 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mollybaby

Love, love, love this powder! Been using this for about 3 yrs now. Coverage is absolutely perfect! I used to put concealer, but with this powder, you can just apply it on and you're good to go. Doesn't cake, and doesn't make me break out,too. I normally don't break out but whenever I get a pimple or two, this seems to make it go away much faster! This is waaaayyy better than MAC and all the other high end foundations I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I really like this powder foundation as a setting powder, it doesn't provide enough coverage as a foundation on my 50 year old, aging skin. I use this over whatever liquid foundation I'm using at the time ( I like to experiment and switch around alot) but I never switch around my setting powder, I'm too happy with this one. Not only does it set my foundation, it adds an extra layer of coverage and makes my makeup stay on all day. The color I use is cypress beige and it's a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone. As another reviewer stated, if you use it dry, use a flat top kabuki style brush, the puff that it comes with is pretty useless. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin and it stays on for hours without a weird color change. The packaging is sturdy and looks like a department store product. Highly recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Ulta after reading the MUA reviews, and, after trying it the first time with the included sponge, was not impressed. So, I put it in the MU graveyard, and forgot about it. Several months later, in an effort to stick to a no-buy, I busted this guy out and tried again. This time, however, magical. The difference? My Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, and my Smashbox foundation brush. What a difference! Smooth, even coverage, and a velvety, radiant finish. I could kick myself for not experimenting sooner! And, best part, it lasted for a whole day! I have learned a few things about this foundation, which I have in Cypress Beige. First, use brushes. I use the foundation brush along my t-zone and in spots where I need more coverage, and then use the flat top to buff in all over the rest of my face. Second, I don't like this with a primer, but over my lotion+sunscreen. It looks too dry over a primer. Third, I need to skip the bronzer with this foundation--it leaves the finish too dark/orangey/odd, due to the slight bronzey/orangey cast of the product to begin with. Lastly, a finishing powder isn't really necessary, despite my oily tendancies...at least not until later in the day. I have yet to try this wet, since I'm so taken with my current strategy. Solid product with a great price point, which makes a polished face relatively effortless relatively quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by imgettinglate

This product is absolutely amazing!! I recently picked this up at sallys beauty supply for around 9 dollars. I apply with my elf powder brush and I have applied this wet and dry. I love the coverage for my Nc 25-30 skin color I use Cypress beige. It matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is amazing. My skin feels and looks flawless, I keep finding myself staring in the mirror, my skin has never looked better. I have used mac studio fix and recommend this product over the mac one. I love it. Definitely worth a try, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by dnlkhyyt

This is my go to powder foundation! I have been using this a year and it doesn't break my skin out, it doesn't make my face feel like its being choked either. I have pretty clear skin that is acne prone and sensitive. If something irritates my face, it will let me know by freaking out and breaking out all over! This makes my skin look flawless. Even tho its a powder, it does not dry my skin out. it might look powdery the first few mins you put it on and then it just becomes one with your skin and looks awesome.

Using it wet for maximum coverage is tricky. wetting the spong and then going in directly in the pan makes the next time using it a pain in the behind. it gets all hard and almost starts to look grayish. So i dont directly add the water to the sponge and then to the pan. What i find that works best is putting a layer on with a dry sponge how you normally apply it, then using a spray bottle with just plain water, spray your face, then add another layer on top. keep doing that til you reached the level of coverage that you want. this way you dont have to wet the foundation itself in the pan causing it to get all hard to use next time.

anyways, i dont know what i would do without this powder, this is HG for me. i think its even better than MAC studio fix powder, i have that but i like this one alot more. =]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am far from a beauty product snob, but I would never think to buy makeup from Sally's. I buy lots of stuff there, but that'd never be it. However this is a damn good foundation. For one thing, the color "laurel nude" is a great match for my cool toned skin, I'm pretty pale but not white and it isn't too pale for me, nor too dark, and it's actually cool toned! When you have as cool skin as mine you have to fight tooth and nail to find anything that matches acceptably. I can't comment on wet, I've only applied it dry with my ELF studio flat top powder brush. Applying this dry, don't expect heavy coverage - it's great for people who want a natural, lighter foundation look like I do. It even wears gracefully on my oily areas (however I've noticed if you put on too much it doesn't wear nearly as well). Oh, and it doesn't sit on top of your skin and make you look chalky. Just even toned, your skin but way better. It's really a great powder. I'm on my 4th repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ejules00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would have been my go to foundation....better than MAC in my opinion, except ....my face broke out. I am soooo dissapointed. It covers awesome and my skin felt like silk. Tragic really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really good wet/dry foundation. I am in between NC15-NC20 MAC, I got Lauren Nude 400 and it works perfect! Most dual powder foundations don't work this well! The surface of the powder never hardens when you use a damp sponge on it repeatedly, which is my first kudos. You get as much coverage applying this dry as you do when applying wet, so it's pretty impressive. I find the staying power, is obviously better when applying wet. It feels masky for a split second when applied damp, but this dries to a soft powdery, lightweight finish. When you apply this damp it appears a bit orange or pink for a few seconds, but it dries down so soft and blends into my neckline. This is full coverage, and looks great in natural lighting, & photos. Much better then the previous dual powder foundation I used in the past (Lancome) at a fraction of the price, without the stinky rose smell. This keeps me pretty matte all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't have any weird smell. I have combo/oily /acne prone skin, my mom has normal/dry skin and we both can wear it with positive results. I did notice a few pimples in areas I normally don't get with this foundation, but it could be because I used the same sponge for 2 weeks without washing. I ordered this online from sallys, it was packed well, and cost like $8. I am so happy with the results, this is my first "natural rice" foundation as the compact says. Laurel Nude is a very flattering shade! In person, the boxes trick you with the powder's color. They have generic stickers that represents each color, and 3 boxes of the same color could have 3 very different undertones/colors on the sticker swatch. Don't go by the sticker, open up the box or get mua color recs. A must try. I don't even wear under eye concealer when I use this powder dry or wet. Full coverage for under $10 is a steal! 1 step product right here, and I love it!