July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ebonyamberjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am very happy with this foundation. I bought it after hearing that Holly Madison of the Girls Next Door used it, and after reading many positive reviews here. I have fair skin, but with strong yellow undertones. No pink/ rosy tones at all. I bought shade 302-65A and the description reads

"True pale yellow for Oriental and very fair Caucasian with no red or coral undertones. Light warm yellow beige"

It is not an exact match for my skin tone but it will do for the time being. I live about an hour away from the store in Burbank, and when I get a chance I will go to the store and try to get matched for the perfect shade.

I apply it with a foundation sponge and it glides on beautifully. It doesn't feel heavy or mask like and it evens out my blemish-prone skin. I use DHC Velvet Coat generously underneath as a primer, and then I finish with the Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray. I used retinoid creams for acne, so my skin tends to be flaky and sometimes the foundation will stick to the flakes and create patchy areas, but this has more to do with my bad skin than the product.

I have tried many foundations and this is my favorite of the lot. It is impossible for me to say whether or not it makes my skin break out, because my skin breaks out no matter what. Even if I wear no makeup, I still get pimples. : - (

Great product, and thanks to Holly Madison for the recommendation!

EDIT: I would recommend purchasing the 1/4 oz jar if you have never bought this product before. A little goes a long way with this concentrated foundation. The 1/4 oz jar costs $12.50 and the 1/2 oz jar costs $20. Unless you know you love it and will be using it every day, I'd get the smaller size. They say that cream cosmetics "go bad" quicker than others and that being the case its a probably a good idea to buy smaller portions.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, i just received the pallet today. I ordered Kit #3 for my medium yellow tone skin and #303 matches perfect. It blends in very nicely and all you need is little bit and also works GREAT as undereye concelear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

this is the type of concealer ive been searching for. this is a highly pigmented, non-drying, and applies very smoothly. you dont have to fuss with it to get good coverage. one swipe and my dark undereye circles dissapear. the fact that it's in palette form insures that i can find my match any season whether my skin is dark or lighter! Im NW20 and find good color match with kit #7. its about $20, well worth it for all the shades you get! got mine at camerareadycosmetics.com

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by jules13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product !!! I started to use it a little over two years ago when I started to work at the day spa Im at now. I swear we can't keep it in stock. We have some clients who have serious blemishes, for example, birthmarks,burns, etc, and it really does cover. A little bit goes a long way. Just use a little setting powder with it and then your good for the whole day. But only use it on the areas where you need it and make sure you wash your face before you go to sleep since it can tend to be heavy on your skin and can cause blemishes if you sleep with it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chibishrink101

Ohmygodness, this product is absolutly AMAZING. I bought it first when i was getting my makeup done by my friend, whose a makeup artist. She took this out in the 5 pallet thing with a bunch of colors, i wasn't very interested because it was in SUCH a small container, but once i saw how thing product was SO pigmented and BEAUTIFUL and how little she put on. I went balistic and went to buy 5 sets of it. haha. i'm addicted. I actually NEED this product daily. people saw how good skin i have now

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ccdd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good product! I wear #201-67(A) (my summer color) and #303-66(A) (my winter color). This product is 20.00 and comes in a .05 oz little pot. It doesn't look like a whole lot, but it will last a very long time because you don't need as much as you think. It covers well and can be applied in layers to achieve a seamless look. Technically, no setting powder is needed, but I like to use it with Ben Nye Neutra Set in Translucent to make sure that it stays. The only hard thing about this product is that it is hard to guess at a color match online. If you have trouble and can't order samples or you don't live near a retailer, then you can call the store in Burbank and Arthur can help you match a sample. The number is on the official Cinema Secrets website. Arthur said that as long as you have a color that matches your skin that you are satisfied with, you can send it in, and they will try to match it for you. One other drawback is that sometimes for people with oily, acne-prone skin it doesn't stay as well as something like Revlon Colorstay. So, most often I use it as a concealer for hyperpigmentation with the Colorstay (If I am in a hurry, I just use the colorstay). Sometimes I use as an undereye concealer, but I find that it tends to crease on me, so usually I just use for hyperpigmentation. Overall, a good quality product that is underrated because a lot of people still don't know about it. But remember to wash your brushes because the little pot can get bacteria build-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by rbella

I love this stuff!! I use it as a concealer. I am a PPP so I use #602-65 as a concealer for my face (red spots, scars, etc.) and I use #601-18 as an under eye concealer.

I have horrible circles underneath my eyes. My eyes have always given me a great deal of problems, allergies, etc. and the circles underneath them from rubbing them are literally purple. #601-18 does a bang-up job of covering them up. I don't use any of the moisture spray with it because I like it to be thick so it will do the job right on those nasty rings under my eyes.

I do use the moisture spray to thin out the #602-25 for use on the rest of my face. I have bad acne scars and a lot of redness in my skin. My typical foundation consists of La Roche Posay Toleraine Fluide in Beige Claire and Cinema Secrets #602-25 as my concealer. That combination along with the #601-18 under my eyes and my Chanel loose translucent powder is the only thing that has made me feel good about my skin. I actually get a ton of compliments on how beautiful my skin is now! Shocking!! If only people new what was underneath the mass quantities of cr*p on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by thumperb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the creme foundation by Cinema Secrets.
It blew me away. I will no longer have to purchase my expensive philosophy concealer. This one is creamy enough to be your foundation and buildable enough to be your concealer...and it's only under $20! And the coverage! It's amazing. It's not greasy and fairly matte. Can be drying so I wear lots of good moisturizer underneath. My only concern is that this may be too strong for one's skin for everyday use...it contains Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldo-decanot, Cetyl Palmitate, etc...etc...things I can not prounce...which is a bad sign......

Update: It's really great. I now use this with a foundation brush. I get the most perfect air brushed look. Blows me away each time I use this.

Update: It's been a year. I get complimented on my skin all the time! I am a skincare model...so it's very helpful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 6:04:00 AM More reviews by TinkerBelle81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love how great this concealer covers and blends...it looks so natural! the thing i dont like about it is that it doesn't seem to last all day long compared to revlon colorstay and its too creamy for people with oily, acne prone skin. and oh yeah, i don't like pot concealers because its prone to bacteria build up. but since this concealer has amazing coverage, i would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Bellisa

I love this stuff! I discovered if about 5 years ago and though I experiment, I always come back to this eventually - especially when the weather gets colder and my Bare Minerals starts to sit on top of my skin. I thought the cream would be too much for my combination skin but it blends in beautifully. I purchased the palette and spatula to help with application and so I keep my fingers out of the pot and I apply with a damp sponge. It does not break me out - which is quite a feat these days! The only down side is that it does not stay well in the hot, humid summer weather (so I use it only as a concealor then) and the pot has a plastic top with tends to crack after a while. On the upside, for the price, you can't do any better. $20 will get you a foundation/concealer that lasts for months.