August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Great shade, excellent for almost all complexions. This lip stick has great staying power and is a classic red with a hint of orange. I love that its matt as well.

A must have for everyones collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would never have thought I would be able to pull off red-orange lipstick, since I tend to look best in reds with cooler/blue undertones. However, my friend pushed me to try this and I am so glad she did. I love this lipstick. It is cool, sexy, and makes you feel pretty darn fashionable. It is nice enough to wear out but laidback enough to wear during the day, in my opinion. Unfortunately, one major drawback for me is that it is super drying on my lips and gets all crusty and chunky after awhile. I don't know if I just got a bad tube or what, because several people seem to find it quite moisturizing. Love it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I debated for the longest time that I needed a red lipstick, so off I went to a MAC counter. While I was there, a MAC associate was kind enough to pull out several different shades for me to try. I asked to try Ruby Woo and Russian Red since I’ve heard so many good things about them, but he recommended something else. He handed me MAC Lady Danger, and I almost did not want to try it because it’s (1) matte, (2) bright, and (3) has an orange-y undertone. He was quite insistent that I give it a try in a nice way. It wasn’t a “Wow! I have to get it right now!” with the lipstick unfortunately and I went back to try Russian Red. But it was after trying on Russian Red that I realized how beautiful Lady Danger looked on me. Russian Red made me look old, but Lady Danger has that youthfulness in a red lipstick. Also, it is apparently one of the top 3 red lipsticks from MAC, but the only one that always sells out.

Lady Danger looks amazing on neutral eye looks (think browns, beige, and neutral shades) and simple cat-wing eyes. I haven’t tried it with a smokey look or find a combination that worked for me yet.

As of today, Lady Danger is definitely my favourite. It’s one that I can’t wear all the time, but when I wear it, I feel more confident, “alive”, sassy, and playful! I’m so grateful to the SA for “forcing” me to get this lipstick–It’s those “pushyness” that I appreciated because even though I did not immediately liked it, he introduced a unique shade that he knows will work well with my skintone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by DaynaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A truly beautiful and unique red. It reads red orange, and is redder than my other favorite mac lipstick -- So Chaud. Lady Danger is a big, bold, beautiful color, definitely not for the timid. It's a matte finish, which I generally don't like, but this matte does not dry my lips and stays on for hours. The color brings out the green in my eyes. It's really a beautiful shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, I just want to note before I get on to my review that this was the first purchase from MAC that I've ever made. If you're a MAC veteran, some of the things in this review might be a little...trivial to you.

Anyway, upon receiving this lipstick, the first thing I noticed was how sleek and compact MAC's packaging is. The circumference of this tube is slightly smaller than that of my Revlon lipsticks, who sort of seem rather bulky in comparison. The bullet its self was very defined and sharp, unlike the lower-end lipsticks that I own, who's tapered tip wasn't quite as fine and precise as MAC's.

The color is a gorgeous, torrid, Texas Pete-esque red-orange. In fact, it is the very red-orange lipstick that I have been hunting ruthlessly for months to no avail. On me it is equal parts red and orange, which for whatever reason seems ridiculously hard to find in drugstore lipsticks. In those, one color always seems to dominate the other. With Lady Danger, both colors are easily perceptible. It's exactly what I wanted.

Texture wise, Lady Danger is mind-blowingly vivid and matte without being even remotely chalky feeling or dry on my lips. It's a breeze to apply both from the tube and with a lip brush. I find that it takes fewer swipes across Lady Danger to deposit color on my brush than it does with other lipsticks. It's smooth but doesn't appear to slip around or streak at all during application. There's also no real needed to build this up for opacity as a result. Lady Danger's matte formula doesn't feel heavy on the lips at all but I DO find that it seems to wear in the corners of my mouth and while I'm eating faster and slightly more easily than my other lipsticks do. Needless to say, it transfers a bit more than even my other lower-end matte lipsticks do. It's still safe for kissing and eating, but it will need to be touched up more than say a thicker formula matte (like Revlon's) would. I guess that's just a sacrifice you have to make to keep from feeling like you've got a pound of lipstick weighing down your lips. Other than that, I think that this lipstick's general quality dominates my others just a little more.

If you've been on a seemingly wild goose chase for that perfect, fiery red-orange shade, Lady Danger might be for you. Honestly, if you're afraid of going higher-end, I'll have you know that Lady Danger is worth less than what you'll pay attempting to find a shade in the drugstore like it.
Trust me, I know.
Lady Danger is a devilishly sexy, no-nonsense type of shade that is (rather unanimously) not for the more timid or natural kind of girl. It's a bold hue that requires a certain amount of attitude and is a shade that practically commands attention. Go on, be a vixen.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ScarletNight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Would I buy this product again? Yes! Many times over!

I can't say I'm a "Red Lips" type of chick, but this particular shade changed all of that. This works fantastically for a warm (yellow-undertoned) kind of girl due to its base. In addition, even though it's matte, I find that it has never dried out on my lips which is one of the biggest problems I've encountered with matte-finish lip products (and I get cracked lips due to my horrid habit of lip biting).

Anyway, LOVE this product. Makes me feel like a bombshell badass when I wear it and I hope MAC never discontinues this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JaneDoeDude

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very DITA , pinup and with the proper skintone would look amazing. This suits lightskinned women because its super bright, try not to wear blush with this, and some light bronzer. DONT put this on unless you exfoliate and prime you lips. The price is not cheap but back to mac makes it a little easier to deal with it lol .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by amietron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lady Danger is my current favorite lip color.

A few months ago, I went to the MAC counter with the intent of buying Morange, because I'd seen it on a couple of blogs and I thought it looked nice. When I finally tried it on, I was so disappointed because it didn't suit my Asian NC20 coloring at all-- It made me look like a clown!

The MA suggested I try Lady Danger and she was really on point. I was reluctant because it looked so bright red in the tube, but after putting it on, I was totally sold. Love how it makes me feel wearing it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Cb0205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you wake up on Sunday morning and your hair is all crazy and your head hurts like a mofo and you need to drag yourself down to get a coffee just to survive the next half hour, pop on this colour. Pair it with a pair of sunnies and your most badarse leather jacket. You need attitude for this shade, it's so intense! It's my HG red. I don't know how anyone can say this is an orange. Yes it is a warm red rather than a blue, but definatley no Morange. Best matte, yet still slick formulation. Brings out my inner rockstar every time. (Or your inner Betty Draper, if you are so inclined.)

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by zohrabohra

I just got this! This shade is totally in right now, I was always afraid of bright colors but this color looks so amazing on especially if you have olive skin tone like me, I got so many compliments! I use it with liner REDD, looks pretty amaze. I love that it's MATTE too, make sure your skin is primed so it looks flawless on! NO gloss on this though ladies, saw the MAC girl put gloss over it and I almost vomitted, she looked like a clown! LOL