MAC Lady Danger

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Holy brightness! You mustn't be afraid of bright colors in order to wear this fierce reddish, orange. With that said, this color gets you noticed PRONTO! This color matched a lot of the vibrant poppy colors in my outfits this past winter/spring and I loved wearing it. However, for daytime events, you may want to try a more toned down version. Also, according to a department store MAC employee, only MAC stores carry this color and not department store MAC counters. (Online carries it, too). My only gripe about this color and other bright MAC reds is that it sometimes stains my lips afterwards. If my lips are dry and cracked and I wear this lipstick, a little remains afterwards in the cracked parts of my lips. No amount of scrubbing or waterproof eye makeup remover can wash it away. In fact, the day after wearing this lipstick it looked like my lips were cracked and bloody, even though it was just the lipstick refusing to budge from cracks in my lips. I guess I have to scrub my lips A LOT before wearing again. I still love it!

on 9/2/2012 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this color! Very bright and bold. It is the perfect color for the retro pin up look. I am still not comfortable wearing it to work yet LOL. But I think the color is beautiful. I am a NC15,brown eyes, and brown curly hair. The price is $14.50 USA. It is creamy so it does not dry out as much as a matte lipstick. All in all I will def buy this again-I just wish I could wear this lipstick everywhere-even to work.

on 8/25/2012 12:37:00 AM

I'm not one to tell other women what to do when it comes to beauty. We are all different in our styles and what we consider to be flattering. Lady Danger is the one exception I will make. This lipstick is empowering.
The first time I wore her, I asked myself "who the hell do you think you are?!". The second time I wore her, I asked myself "what the hell did you do without her?!"
Lady Danger is bold, bright, and everything you would want if you needed to feel like you could run the show. I love the slight orange tint it has, but it is by no means an "orange" lipstick.
I'm an NW20... I was told NOT to buy this lipstick. I didn't listen. I do what I want to do... and let me tell you, ladies.. it's gorgeous. Sexy, classy, and kinda naughty. I wore it to 1 belly dancing class and had 4 people ready to buy it in 20 minutes. Basically, it's not ugly.
The texture might be a little drying to some, but that is easily fixed with some lip balm underneath. Keep it simple. A liquid black cat eye does the trick. This lipstick demands attention. With a name like Lady Danger, you can't really be surprised. Buy her. She might just make you feel like the sassy broad you always thought you were.

on 8/19/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a must have red for tan or olivey skintones! I'm an NC30-35 and this compliments my skin tone beautifully. The color is very vivid but not too "in your face" on me. It's a bright red with a tinge of orange in it, definitely draws attention! The formula is really good for a matte as well- it doesn't dry out my lips at all and lasts for around 2 hours before i have to reapply. overall, i am very happy with this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

GOOD POINTS;

1. want a SUPER-QUALITY REAL red lipstick? this is the one! super pigmented

BAD POINTS;

1. the priiiiice :D

on 8/14/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gift and I am pleased with it. It is a bright red-orange color. While it is not a shade I would typically buy, it is very nice when I want to wear something a little different/dressy. One thing I noticed about it which I do not like is that it fades unevenly. It lasts more at the edges of lips than in the middle, so reapplication is necessary. I would recommend this to someone who wants a bold lipstick that isn't the common red.

on 8/7/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this lipstick! I am NC30-37 and this shade just brightens up my face, its a beautiful warm orange red. It has a matte finish but I don't find it particularly drying at all. I always use a red lip liner first to outline and fill in my lips. This lipstick is not transfer-resistant but minimal product comes off and it does leave your lips stained after drinking/eating which is great. Overall, a favourite of mine would highly recommend this shade from MAC.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Absolutely love this super red RED lipstick. It's definitely in your face bright red -- an orange red. I wore it out last night, and my confidence factor and sexiness was just amped up, for sure! The formulation is VERY long lasting, and even after dinner, when you have to reapply, it's not absolutely necessary. One could put some balm or gloss over top and still have a lot of pigment underneath. One of my faces!!!

on 7/20/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely fierce colour. I enjoy Lady Danger after being slightly underwhelmed by So Chaud. Lady Danger is a warm orange-y red that doesn't lean in a coral direction, just a punchy, old school red. So Chaud was just not as flattering on me for some reason. Lady Danger is more intense and vibrant. I like this colour for days when I just want to wear cat eye liner and mascara. This is one of the more comfortable mattes and I recommend it if you are feeling bold >:)

on 7/10/2012 11:51:00 AM

Now this is neon! It is NOT retro red or anything. It's bright!
A little drying but otherwise one of the best quality lipsticks of Mac. But this colour is not for the faint of heart.

Popular Lipsticks