October 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tvartdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do I love, love, love this foundation!!!
Merle Norman-Not your Mom's store anymore....

Mattest of the Matte!
**As a TV/Film union artist, I will not endorse any product I do not truly believe in.**

It is a must for an oily skin type, *Rosacea/Acne sufferer, or anyone who craves a super matte non-drying, full coverage finish. So many long lasting retail foundations like Colorstay, EL Double Wear, and Tarte, to me lack that powder soft matte finish, or can look like a gooey, heavily crusted drag queen, this is a different breed, you may not even believe it dries so matte or covers so well when you see how thin and super silky it dispenses and glides on, but trust me it does.

I use it on the set everyday to mattify my RCMA, Kevyn A. mahron etc., or alone, and always as a light finish on the boys in HD. You could use it in the desert, ocean, or even on the moon- I swear it will not budge for days even under high heat and humidity, you may only need to blot your sweat and powder the T after many hours and that is a big maybe!!

I use it with a MAC foundation brush, Laura Mercier or Sonia K. sponge, or any other nice thick sponge on a squeaky clean face-and stipple not rub on. Remember- When you stipple you deposit, when you rub you take away...If a light finish is your desire, use with a damp almost dry sponge. Ladies... *Please don't use fingers with this or any other foundation or you may get texture marks or what I call jaw Spackle- not the way to "raise the pretty." I set very lightly with Ben Nye Banana, Dermablend or silica powder, and velour puff. You can then dust a little "Studio Fix", Ben Nye or FX Matte Compact with a Kabuki if you are a super-duper velvety finish girl.

You will never believe how long it lasts or hides redness/ acne/ oil! It is always in my set bag. If you are a woman that needs something that will hold up to a scorching body temp. or an oil slick this is your new best friend. It is the foundation I wear most often and swear by! As a matter of fact, they discontinued two of the shades shades (I mix) and I ordered 6 from around the map that are vacuum sealed in their boxes in my fridge, that should hold me a few years. This little tube must have a genie in it because it feels nearly empty and just keeps dispensing. When I hear complaints about the $30 price, I must admit I'm puzzled? What are you doing with so much of this great coverage base?? Merele Norman totally understands that long-lasting means very little filler and loads of pigment. This full-coverage dynamo is the schnizel!

*Since Merle Norman does not sell online, you can find a store location on their website.. Go in get matched, it may take a few tries. Be warned: The indep. owned stores have no problem selling you discontinued, even testers... So make sure the shade your buying is current or you will share my pain in duplicating it. They definitely need to make more yellow based shades!! **Beware it dries 1- 1.5 lighter so don't leave in a hurry let it set for 10 or so minutes before buying.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by PoppyPinkish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There was a short period of time that I started to break out for no reason. Desperate to cover it up I went it search for a foundation. A friend used Merle Norman products and loved it, especially this foundation. So I went down to Merle's and got this foundation along with the luxiva ultra powder foundation and cover up concealer. I went home and put on the foundation and hated it. It feels almost stickly on my face and I had the most horrible time trying to get it to blend (it seems like it drys too fast before you can blend it properly). It does live up to its name though of being "lasting" becuase this stuff does not come off. At the end of the day I felt like I had to scrub it off. The funny thing is that on my friend this foundation looks great, she says she uses her fingers to blend it (i tried a sponge as well as a foundation brush), so maybe if you figure out the right way of putting it on, then this product will work for you. On a side note, I did really like the foundation powder (provides really nice coverage) and I'm pretty sure that the COVER UP concealer can cover anything and you dont need to use a lot at all (and I think if I'm not mistaken it says you can use it as an eye base).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this product in 'Cream' and I've never had a foundation color match so perfectly with my skin. My face is the same color as the rest of my body while the coverage is great!

My skin is acne prone and I did not break out from this foundation at all. I got scared after applying it to my face for the first time because it is so easy to blend I assumed there was oil in it. However, the tube says that it is oil free. Usually I break out on the very first day if the foundation is wrong for my skin, but I have been using it for a week and my skin actually looks better!

I use this foundation with a MAC primer (and a moisturizer) and find that it lasts all day and night until I remove it. (I haven't tried it without a primer yet so I'm not sure if the staying power would be different.)

This foundation has medium to heavy coverage in my opinion, but I am used to using MAC HyperReal foundation (which had a lot less coverage.) My skin doesn't need much coverage, but I was still able to use the Luxiva Lasting Foundation without it looking cakey (which I can't stand at all, even if it cakes the slightest bit.) My skin is really soft all day after applying the foundation as well.

The price is really expensive in Canada, I'm pretty sure I paid just over $40 for this. I'm willing to pay it though, as it is 29ml and my HyperReal was 30ml and I was able to use that for about 4 months. (And that's using it every single day) In the summer months I will probably mix this with tinted moisturizer so that the coverage is lighter.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to any skin type. I just started to use Merle Norman products and I really love them as they have made a huge difference in my skin (but unfortunately also in my bank account :( )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by green75604

I really do love this stuff, I have been looking for this all my life, after seeing my face after putting it on, I was stocked that i have been seen so many years which out it. The only thing i wish the we got more, don't get me wrong it last about 2 months for me and it's the only one i use but I don't like the lady at the store, so i almost run out before i go in there if i can help it. If you are thinking about getting this DO asap, or or you may want to ask for samples and try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just wrote a review also for the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation, which I am amazed at both of these products. This foundation does everything it says it does. It wears perfectly all day long (I wear the Powder Foundation as a setting powder on top), it gives a flawless matte finish, and the shades are very wearable and true to skin colors. Since this does give a matte finish, and can be a little drying even on my oily skin, I do use a little extra moisturizer and then my foundation primer before my foundation. I recommend this for anyone with oily skin. I am very impressed with Merle Norman products, its definitely not your "grandma's makeup line" anymore! The products are very modern, and the quality is fantastic! Go to Merle Norman today!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by maygen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really did last all day and all night. I found that it was extremely hard to remove and I had to wash my face several times to get it off. Additionally, I have sensitive skin and used to break out when I was younger. I haven't had a problem with acne until I used this product and it was my worst breakout since high school. If you don't have sensitive skin, this product really does stay on all day. Make sure you have a good face wash to get it off.
If you're concerned about acne, I would stay away and go with something else.

Also, it's about $27 for a tube. It lasts a while, but still pretty expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ginalynch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!! WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN!!!!!! I am a bodybuilder and personal trainer, this stuff does not budge. also found it easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have given several foundation reviews, but this MN Luxiva Lasting foundation is the best of all. I am fair, but used it in cream beige to give me a little color. I do not even have to use powder!! I put it over moisturizer and Voila! - it is so natural looking I can hardly believe it. I used to wear this but lost the tube, glad I purchased it again!!
I need to tell you this: I use Equate Baby Fresh Nursery Jelly mixed with EL Daywear under this foundation - that is why it doesn't get too dry on me. Hey - you like vaseline? Go to Walmart and get this Equate product - it is extra creamy and spreadable!! After I put this on, I wipe a bit off - now off to the perfect skin! Edit - I still love this foundation, but I noticed later that some lines were trying to form because of dryness - I must moisturize even more thoroughly. One more Edit: I love this foundation more and more, am using more moisturizer and then (believe it or not) putting a touch of my wonderful Coty Airspun powder over it. The powder, for reasons unknown, causes the foundation to last all day. Eight hours later, I still look fresh!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ctraywick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought many, many foundations from drugstore to high end over the years in search of the perfect foundation. This is a nice, long-lasting foundation. It is very long lasting so you have to wash your face very good at night. I have been having a problem with hormonal acne for about 1 1/2 years, and my skin seems to be clearing up (I guess the zinc oxide in it). I put this foundation on with a makeup brush because it makes it lasts much longer with great looking results. This may not be the best foundation for dry skin unless you moisturize very well. I use an eye cream under my eyes to keep that area moist cause this makeup will dry in small lines. My skin looks airbrushed--this is what I have been told. It cost me 33.00 which is high imo but it lasts a long time applying it with a brush.
My color is Cream. I tried Porcelain first but it was too pink for me. Cream is a good neutral.
Edit 12-1-08... I have changed back to MN Total Finish Compact in Ivory for the winter. The Lasting was too dry for my face for the winter months. It was settling in my lines under my eyes even with eye cream. May try again next summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

Wow. This lived up to its name and so much more. I put this on at 3 in the afternoon and my skin still looked great at 1 am. The coverage is buildable even though the product itself is very lightweight. I used Ultra powder on top and this was like a miracle. I've only just started using Merle Norman but the more I try the more I love it. Def, repurchasing this one!!!