April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just wrote a review also for the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation, which I am amazed at both of these products. This foundation does everything it says it does. It wears perfectly all day long (I wear the Powder Foundation as a setting powder on top), it gives a flawless matte finish, and the shades are very wearable and true to skin colors. Since this does give a matte finish, and can be a little drying even on my oily skin, I do use a little extra moisturizer and then my foundation primer before my foundation. I recommend this for anyone with oily skin. I am very impressed with Merle Norman products, its definitely not your "grandma's makeup line" anymore! The products are very modern, and the quality is fantastic! Go to Merle Norman today!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by maygen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really did last all day and all night. I found that it was extremely hard to remove and I had to wash my face several times to get it off. Additionally, I have sensitive skin and used to break out when I was younger. I haven't had a problem with acne until I used this product and it was my worst breakout since high school. If you don't have sensitive skin, this product really does stay on all day. Make sure you have a good face wash to get it off.
If you're concerned about acne, I would stay away and go with something else.

Also, it's about $27 for a tube. It lasts a while, but still pretty expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ginalynch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!! WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN!!!!!! I am a bodybuilder and personal trainer, this stuff does not budge. also found it easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have given several foundation reviews, but this MN Luxiva Lasting foundation is the best of all. I am fair, but used it in cream beige to give me a little color. I do not even have to use powder!! I put it over moisturizer and Voila! - it is so natural looking I can hardly believe it. I used to wear this but lost the tube, glad I purchased it again!!
I need to tell you this: I use Equate Baby Fresh Nursery Jelly mixed with EL Daywear under this foundation - that is why it doesn't get too dry on me. Hey - you like vaseline? Go to Walmart and get this Equate product - it is extra creamy and spreadable!! After I put this on, I wipe a bit off - now off to the perfect skin! Edit - I still love this foundation, but I noticed later that some lines were trying to form because of dryness - I must moisturize even more thoroughly. One more Edit: I love this foundation more and more, am using more moisturizer and then (believe it or not) putting a touch of my wonderful Coty Airspun powder over it. The powder, for reasons unknown, causes the foundation to last all day. Eight hours later, I still look fresh!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ctraywick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought many, many foundations from drugstore to high end over the years in search of the perfect foundation. This is a nice, long-lasting foundation. It is very long lasting so you have to wash your face very good at night. I have been having a problem with hormonal acne for about 1 1/2 years, and my skin seems to be clearing up (I guess the zinc oxide in it). I put this foundation on with a makeup brush because it makes it lasts much longer with great looking results. This may not be the best foundation for dry skin unless you moisturize very well. I use an eye cream under my eyes to keep that area moist cause this makeup will dry in small lines. My skin looks airbrushed--this is what I have been told. It cost me 33.00 which is high imo but it lasts a long time applying it with a brush.
My color is Cream. I tried Porcelain first but it was too pink for me. Cream is a good neutral.
Edit 12-1-08... I have changed back to MN Total Finish Compact in Ivory for the winter. The Lasting was too dry for my face for the winter months. It was settling in my lines under my eyes even with eye cream. May try again next summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

Wow. This lived up to its name and so much more. I put this on at 3 in the afternoon and my skin still looked great at 1 am. The coverage is buildable even though the product itself is very lightweight. I used Ultra powder on top and this was like a miracle. I've only just started using Merle Norman but the more I try the more I love it. Def, repurchasing this one!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a Merle Norman studio today and the associate did my face with this foundation. she used the ultra powder as well. It really did stay on ALL DAY! I didn't have oily break through, which is a miracle for me! However, the color was too light, even though she matched it to my jawline. It also made me look really made up. It also made my pores more visible...I was heartsick as it really does control oil! And, I have the oiliest skin in the world! None of my co workers thought the makeup looked as good as my usual foundation...BOO! I wanted it to work for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by andrwh1

I used BE mineral foundation for about 2 years and only then realized that even though it felt heavenly it looked terrible after a few hours. So I decided to try Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation (which I had used in high school) and it was SO much better than BE! Then last month my skin began breaking out pretty badly (went off BC), so I needed more coverage. After reading reviews here on the lasting foundation I decided to give it a try. Even though it hurt me to spend almost $30 on foundation, I love this stuff and it really is worth the money. It will last a long time also, so that makes me feel better. One reason I stopped using liquid foundation so long ago is because I could never find a color match. I'm very pale and everything always made me look yellow or orange. With this the color match is PERFECT. I can just use it on parts of my face if I want - the match is that good. Plus, it really doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. It gives a beatiful even finish and I top it off with the ultra powder foundation. This combination is fantastic - gives flawless-looking skin all day! And keeps me oil-free all day - it's unbelievable! It also applies very easily (one other thing I hated about liquid foundation). I just use my fingers to dot and spread - not hard to blend like some other long-lasting foundations. I love this - hopefully soon I won't need the extra coverage, but I might just continue to use it because it makes my skin so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

I use this foundation on all the makeovers I do for weddings, proms, special occasions, etc. The trick is to have a very heavy moisturizing cream prior to applying. I use a sponge and it blends perfectly. This foundation stands the test by staying on all day or night. There is a wide range of colors to select from and it is important to get the correct color because once it is on, it is on! Perfect for oily skin and dry skin just needs a heavy moisturizer for it to blend evenly. Overall, one of the best foundations I have ever put on my skin and my customers have always gone out and bought them a tube! It lasts forever as well so the price is worth it:)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

I was hoping that this was going to be on my way to an HG foundation, I was soooo wrong. It looked like perfection in the store and for about a half and hour. I wore this over a moisturizer with a light dusting of the lasting foundation powder over it to set it. The SA says this is too light to be really worn as a foundation.

Anyway, I looked in the mirror hoping to see the lasting greatness, but I was soooooooooooo wrong. It was peeling and caking, and was wet like it never did dry or set, and when I went to take it off it left a rash on my face. I was not happy at all, but I was thinking benefit of the doubt maybe it was the really odd moisturizer the lady had put on me. So I wore it again, not as irritating just a slight itching, still stayed moist, and looked horrible.

Comparing to double wear mainly