September 16, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely luuurve the packaging of the NARS lip lacquers, I must say. They're in "fogged up" type glass with a chic NARS cap. Very, very elegant and mod. Annyyway.. Eros! A fabulous winter lipgloss. It can be applied minimally for a sheer, highlighting color. When applied minimally, it's a natural raspberry color. When applied more heavily, the plum colors appear. The texture is generally soft- A little sticky, and sadly, it tends to grip the flakes and lines of the lips, but only a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ashleigh0787

This is a great color for me because I am so fair. I'm a little afraid of breaking the glass pot. But this color is a staple in my makeup bag. The only thing I do not like about it is the smell. Is it just me or does it smell like crayons? Clinique's lip glosses smell the same way. That gets on my nerves. Anyway, it goes on really easy and lasts a long time. I've noticed all of NARS laquers do. That makes me want to buy it again. However, at $20, I use my product sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Dim

I really love this lip lacquer. I wasn't really thrilled with the texture of my first NARS lip lacquer(chelsea girls), but this was much better. It has a great texture and looks so beautiful on my warm LLL skin. It looks like a deeper version of my natural lip color. I put Tarte lipgloss (the Samantha end of "Jake and Samantha")over it to give it a creamier look and it looks wonderful. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lovebird9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eros is a pretty medium shimmery rose color on me (NC30/MMM with dark brown eyes and pigmented lips). It's very YLBB and I imagine it would suit a range of skintones (except for maybe the very dark). I really like the texture (thicker than NARS Lipgloss and more pigmented) and the soft shine it gives my lips. I don't really like the pot packaging, but I use my finger to apply a lot of lip products anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Azalea5280

Eros is a gorgeous berry shade that would look great on many skintones. I love the texture, has just the right amount of shine. I do wish this was in a tube with an applicator. (it's in a pot so you need to apply with a lip brush) Overall, raves for Eros!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

After wanting this for sooo long and never being able to swap for it, I finally shelled out the $20 at purchased it myself. On my pinky pigmented lips, Eros is a cinnamony plum w/ hint of berry gold shimmery gloss! lol! Quite a description, huh? The texure is a bit tackier than what I am used to, but it helps keep the color on longer. It's a pretty color but I would have loved this in a wand or tube form.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Mufie

Oh yes, I have to agree with fellow reviewers! Why doesn't this come in a tube! NARS, I love your lip laquers, but I feel like I have to be a freakin' MA carryin' around tons of tools to get this sucker on. C'est la vie -- it's well worth the strife. This beauty raspberry-gold-blush gloss caught my eye while I played at Sephora today, and I bought it on a whim, with out *gasp* EVEN READING REVIEWS FOR IT FIRST! Now I'm adding my A grade review to the mix. Yes, it's *close* to a generic color but I think the texture and pigment make it stand out from the crowd of pink berry glosses. I put it over Too Faced's Lip Injection and then I walked around thinkin, "I look hot." <3 <3 Eros!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by artemisa

I ADORE this color! It's just soooo beautiful!
I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be great with eros laquer. Gives an irresistible soft berry color with a hint of shine. My HG of glosses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Eros is a shimmery berry rose shade. Its very pretty but also very standard. Similiar to so many shades out there. But if you dont have one similiar, this is a nice option. Comes in a small jar that i wish was a tube. This is more pigmented than most glosses yet its not too sticky or overly glossy. Very nice consistency. It has a faint plastic smell which fades in two seconds so it doesnt bother me. Retails for $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by minimac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super beautiful, YLBB shade - enhances my pigmented lips with a gorgeous, sophisticated subtle plummy sheen. Holy grail lip gloss - perfect for a date where you want to look understatedly sexy. Word of warning - try before you buy. While this looks absolutely gorgeous on me (PPP with blue eyes) it didn't really show up as anything special on my GGG girlfriend. My only gripe is the tiny pot means it's tricky to get the stuff out with a little finger - you need a brush. UPDATE: Although I still love this, I agree with the reviewer who said it looks best on a made up face. Otherwise the raspberryish shade does tend to emphasise any redness or blemishes.