September 1, 2014 | 2059 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It removes makeup so well. It makes my face feel so soft and smooth after using. A huge tub lasts forever. I love it. No breakouts. Actually my face appears much more clear after I started using this. Update: I think this product began to clog my pores. I had some before using it, but my clogged pore problem became worse after using this product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! You can't go wrong with this cream. Super cheap, less than $5 for 6.1 oz. A little goes a long way. It removes all of my makeup (and I wear long-wearing foundation), leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I apply a little bit to my face and remove it with a wet warm washcloth. I can't believe it took me this long to try it. I like it better than the MAC cleanse off oil. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Nitala

That's it, I'm not buying another cleanser or toner again. This cold cream has eliminated my need for toner.

I normally use a cleanser first, which removes the bulk of my face makeup and a little of my eye makeup. I then follow with a toner that gets rid of the rest although some little bits of stubborn mascara and eyeliner remain. With the cold cream, it's ALL gone. The first time I used it, I even followed with a toner just to see how much was left and I was amazed that so little was left!

I will buy this again and again. The price is SO much better than my cleanser and toner. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Supermerk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I like this product as a cleanser as well for the way it makes my skin feel immediately after use (soft, dewy, glowy, etc.), I generally prefer to use non-creamy cleansers due to the nature of my skin. I tend to get breakouts around my nose and chin especially, and this product has a tendency to make my skin feel really oily about an hour after use.

However, I would still highly recommend it for another purpose - mascara primer! I've noticed that when I apply the product to my lashes/lash line and then rinse it off with warm water in the shower, my mascara goes on much more smoothly than it does applying it normally. No clumps or flakes to be seen, and I've tried this with several different brands with equally lovely results. This product really makes it easy to build volume and length with multiple coats of mascara WITHOUT the lashes clumping or looking spidery/spikey. My only complaint is the packaging - I really wish I could buy this product in smaller tube form for easier application.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mrstaylor13

This product is honestly one of the best eye makeup removers out there. I can never get all of the mascara off with removers like Clinique, Lancome, or even the Bioderma.. This will literally take away all traces of eye makeup.. As for the face, I have only used it a few times.. I went on vacation and forgot my clarisonic and CeraVe hydrating cleanser, so used this instead.. I didn't love it for the face, but it did not break me out either (probably because my skin is on the dry side). I just take a little bit of the product, close my eye, rub it on and take a tissue or cotton pad and gently remove the eye makeup. I would recommend this product to anyone, especially if you notice leftover residue after using other eye makeup removers. Not to mention, if you just use it for the eyes it will last you FOREVER!! Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by nancejn

Best product out there for removing makeup! I use my old worn out face cloths as the makeup stains the cloth. I put Ponds all over my face, wet the face cloth with warm water and use a corner of the cloth to first remove my eye makeup. Then rinse the cloth with hot water and take off the rest of my makeup. Ponds removes every trace of makeup and leaves skin feeling soft. I then wash my face with Cerave, pat dry and apply retin A and a night moisturizer. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

I don't really get the hype with this product..I feel like this was in my mother's make up drawer back in the day. I saw all the great reviews and had to pick up a jar to see what all the rave was about. This product is very thick, messy to use and you have to have a washcloth/ wet paper towel on deck. I use a different cleanser that removes my make up without the extra steps and I will be sticking to that as a means to wash off my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

Update : I'm on my second jar now, and still loving it! For what it does and the price, it is seriously a HG for me! I apply it with the silicone gel pad sold at Sephora and it does a very good job of removing thick layer of makeup (concealer + BB cream + loose powder). Then I use warm cloth to remove all and finally to make sure everything is really clean and fresh, I use my Bioderma Eau Micellaire on a cotton pad. My routine has been working super well for me. So highly highly recommend this product!

I used to dislike the scent but now I use it so frequently that I no longer smell it anymore ...

_______________________________

I love this product! Best make-up remover!
I've used half a bottle already and bought another pack (look for buy 1 get 1 deal at Wal-mart, for 7$CAD).
Pro : really remove all make-up
cheap price! the bottle can last you a long time!
does make your skin feeling really smooth
Con: I'm not particular fan of the smell
Packaging is the worse, I need to scoop out with a mini-spatula every single time....
*you may feel disturbed by the seemingly oily feel it leaves on your face but the trick is to remove with a hot wet towel, then ull feel the difference*

give it a try. u cant go wrong. worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I love love love this! This is my favorite way of taking off my face make up. I use this cold cream and rub it all over my face and wipe it off with a baby wipe. SUPER effective and inexpensive! I always wash my face afterwards with a cleanser just to make sure I don't leave any traces of make up. This smells amazing and like I said, really inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lizzybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have spent a good chunk of my adult life looking for the perfect facial cleanser. Yes, agreed, I do need to get out more. My ongoing search for cleansing perfection finally (finally!) led me to this lovely little tub o' goodness, and, unusually for skin care, perhaps a bit of self-awareness to boot.

I use Pond's Cold Cream every night to remove makeup and cleanse. I used to use cleansing milks (RoC, LRP, Avene, etc.) followed by Bioderma to pick up whatever got left behind (which could be quite a bit, depending on the scariness of my mascara application for the day). After switching to this cold cream, I discovered that there was no need for a second cleanse - this takes off 99.9% of my makeup, which is good enough for me. You need to massage the product into your skin A LOT (for at least 1 full minute - sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself 4 times in a row if you don't feel like setting a timer); also, I would recommend taking it off with a hot washcloth and not tissues. I find the hot cloth method is much better at removing more stubborn makeup, and the exfoliation from the washcloth keeps dry patches at bay. This should go without saying, but make sure you wash your little fingers before dipping them into the pot.

The "mineral oil makes you break out" debate is, in my view, a bit ridiculous. Mineral oil is incapable of getting into your pores - the molecule (a nice, long hydrocarbon) is far too big to fit. If this product makes you break out, don't use it, but look into the other ingredients (this one is full of some not so pronounceable chemicals), 'cause it's likely not the mineral oil's fault.

As to the self-awareness? Sometimes, I get sucked in by hype and fancy packaging only to be let down by a less-than-stellar performance. For $4 CAD, I get baby soft, clear skin without blocked pores or dry areas. Yes, the smell is kinda funky (it grows on you) and yes, the product itself is a bit outdated and not particularly environmentally friendly. That said, it works. Really, really well. Don't judge a book, peeps: the plain white + green tub on the bottom shelf is an absolute kick ass.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No