October 22, 2014 | 1334 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MonicaTerese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how many times I try a different makeup remover I always come back to this one. I must admit i have a bias towards it since my mom used this when I was growing up, and I continued to use it as I started wearing makeup. Nostalgia aside, this is a good product. I use a different cleanser after this since it can make your skin oily if youre prone to that, but as a makeup remover it works very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Love this! Removes makeup sooo easy without tugging and repeated swiping! Will repurchase. The only thing I am not fond of is the smell.

EDIT: AFTER USING THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS, I STARTED BREAKING OUT AND ITCHING LIKE CRAZY!! I wonder if it is the strong smell! Either way, discontinuing use and will NOT buy again! Will stick with my Jergen's All-Purpose face cream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this.
i didn't want to like it since it has quite a few new added chemical ingredients (including parabens) in the current version - the older version (borax version) was much simplier and i preferred it.

but - i have found nothing that works as well for my skin. i made home-made cold cream and while it worked great for cleansing it seemed to leave my skin drier than Ponds.

also i like to use this version of ponds as a moisturizer as well and my home-made version just wasn't very good for moisturizing.

i've tried Jergens All Purpose Face Cream which has a formula much similar to the old ponds. i like it ok but the fragrance is just too much for me and it is really greasy and at the same time i don't find it to be as good a moisturizer as Ponds.

weird those chemicals must help Ponds to sink into my skin and moisturize better.

i love the jar. i would NEVER use a cold cream (or any other product) in a pump bottle - i hate pumps. i also really dislike tubes, mainly because they rarely contain a large enough amount and you have to keep buying them over and over and they are not refillable.

i have a small jar of this as well as a medium and a large jar. i just re-fill my small and medium jars from my large 'server' jar.

i will keep using and buying it unless i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by franciepants

I love this product. It goes on wonderfully makes my skin feel SO soft. It's perfect for removing my eye makeup.

After trying some other skincare that literally burned my skin, this was the only thing I could use that didn't hurt. It does leave a residue (not greasy for me) but makes your skin incredibly soft. Unfortunately, after about 4 weeks I have started to get some pimples because it is so rich.

So guess I can't use all over my face daily, which I am bummed about, but will continue to purchase and use as an eye makeup remover.

I happen to love the scent - just something about it that smells expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

HG makeup remover! I've tried so many methods, and while they've all done the job, this is by far my favorite. I just don't like oil cleansing; for me it's too, well...oily, LOL. Pond's is greasy, yes, but it's just greasy ENOUGH, and it's very thick and creamy, as well. I just massage it into my skin for a couple of minutes and it dissolves everything. I tissue off the excess, and then wipe off the rest with a wet, very warm washcloth. It feels so good and so soothing....great for just before bed. And my skin feels completely clean, yet so soft.

Note: While Pond's would no doubt dissolve eye makeup with no problem, I use Neutrogena remover or the Walmart generic version for my eyes, because I don't like the blurry effect left behind by greasy cleansers. YMMV.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly love this moisturizer!! Ponds cold cream feels amazing on my skin and at the same time works wonders when I am in need of some softness during these dry months. It is more than affordable and I always have to have a bottle at my house!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Combo, Sensitive, Mild Rosacea>>Pond's cold cream is an old favorite of mine..I use it to remove just my eye makeup as it's too rich for me to use as an all over cleanser. It cuts right through mascara and the added benefit is that it conditions your lashes! I have no irritation issues with this and it's dirt cheap! I have recently rediscovered this and glad I did as my 30-something eyes need all the moisture they can get!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best makeup removers I have ever tried BUT it is greasy.... so I usually use a mild cleanser to remove all makeup and add a small bit of this to it to moisturize and hydrate. This is a classic beauty buy and i will continue to use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Ponds is made for you if you want to remove your mascara with ease!

With just one swipe, EVERYTHING comes off. It is very creamy.. but after removing it, all you need is water and cleanser to remove's its own trace left behind. This is just as good as Lancome's bifacial but w/o the hefty cost. After discovering this product, I bought another tub just in case.

A little goes a long way! Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by heleno451

This used to be one of my favorite products but the last couple jars have not seemed the same. Time to try something else.