April 16, 2014 | 1979 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BunnylaBelle

HG SKIN CLEANSER!!!! I have been using the product for almost half a year and I am OBSESSED!

This is an oil cleanser. Before you jump back screaming "But isn't that counter-productive?!!"
Let me bestow some wisdom that was imparted unto me;
When you have leather products you clean them using an oil product right? Same with skin. Skin IS a hide after all! This cleanser uses mineral oil which won't clog your pores and is non-carcinogenic. Win win, eh?

I use about the size of a 5 cent coin, (or a penny for you Americans playing at home) and massage it into my face using my fingertips. Since it is quite thick I find a little goes a long way. Before it can dry, I gently wipe it off using a wash cloth or a tissue.
At first I was a bit horrified by how supple and moist(?) my face was after cleansing, but now I am used to it/barely notice it. I then will apply my acne cream and my night cream.
#I don't clean my face with this in the morning because I find the residue makes my make-up slip.

After a week using it I started to notice my skin improving, far less pimples and less flaking. From then it only got better. Now, after using it for about 5 months I can say my skin is looking pretty darn good! I use less concealer, have changed to a light coverage foundation and feel a lot more confident :)

PROS:
-fragrance free
-cheap
-non-comedogenic
-non-carcinogenic
-improves skin condition

Cons:
-packaging. I would prefer a pump for hygienic reasons.
-makes makeup slip if applied soon after cleansing.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Have been using this @ night for about 2 weeks and I love it. I started using it because I felt like I was looking really wrinkly and dry, and I wanted an inexpensive humectant for overnight.

I use two fingertips' worth and rub it on my dry face until all the eye makeup melts (notes: I don't wear foundation, and heed the warnings about getting it in your eyes!). I used a warm wet washcloth to wipe off the cream, but it made my washcloth look really terrible (mascara, etc.) so I switched to using half of a nicer-quality paper towel with a cloth-like texture that I can throw away (Viva! brand, $1 a roll or so). I get the paper towel wet and smooth off the cream, then dry my face. I don't wash it with another cleanser afterwards. I apply a skin oil around my eyes and fine lines and then Ponds Pink cream (Clarant) all over my face and neck. Every 3 days or so, I will use Cetaphil with my Clairsonic in the morning, just to get a fresh start.

I love how moisturized and non-oily this keeps my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by girl923

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always buy this over and over again. I'm on my third jar now. It easily removes the makeup I have on. It removes my bb cream well. I'd apply this over my entire face then wipe it off with a tissue. Sometimes I'd rinse it off with warm water. Not recommended for eye makeup though, it will make your vision blurry. So I have to use a separate eye makeup remover to remove my eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last week and during that time the skin on my face was really bad due to some allergies from trying a facial scrub my mom bought for me when she went to Bangkok. What I like about this cream is that it easily takes off my makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft and velvety to the touch. I also use it as a regular facial wash but I wouldn't recommend using this as an eye makeup remover because it leaves my vision blurry. I prefer the more water-like makeup removers like Haruhada Collagen and Bioderma.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

This works well to remove makeup, but you have to use it right.

I take a decent sized glob (~1 teaspoon) with my pinkie and dot it around my face (do not wet face) after I remove my eyeliner and mascara with a different cleanser since Pond's is not supposed to go inside your eye. If you don't use enough, your skin will just absorb everything and your face won't feel clean. Then I massage it into my skin for about a minute; it's also fine for taking off excess mascara and eyeshadow, just do not get it into your eye. It won't sting, but your vision will be blurred and it's a pain to deal with that. Then I take a damp cotton pad and wipe it off. Next, I take a warm, damp washcloth and pat that on my face. You can't just take this stuff off with rinsing your face with water. I proceed to use my face wash.

I don't necessarily love using this which is why I took a lippie off. I guess it's because I have to take extra steps to remove the product itself. But, it works extremely well. Another problem with this is the packaging. It's unhygienic due to the jar packaging, so I make sure my hands are clean. It will also be difficult to get the product out when the jar is not full. This is also relatively affordable since it lasts a while. It also leaves my skin feeling soft. I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

My mother always used this and had great wrinkle free skin. I can't say it was the Ponds but this was the one staple she had. Just recently I decided to try it. I don't know why I have been using expensive cleansers all these years! This stuff works better than any of the others. It hasn't caused breakouts. You put some all over your face and then use a warm wash cloth to remove it. Some people use a dry wash cloth because they like the moisture it leaves behind. My mother used to use this as a moisturizer. She wiped her makeup off and then put a little all over her face and neck. She had beautiful skin. Mineral oil gets a bad rap. Personally, I have no issues with it. Tried and true.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by L8

This is the absolute best!!!! It removes all makeup and leaves my face so baby soft and clean. The price is amazing and the jar lasts forever as a little of this product goes a long way. I just gently rub it my face, wipe gently with a tissue followed by a warm, wet washcloth. So easy! Poof! Makeup is gone, leaving a very fresh, clean feel to my face. The best part? No tightness to my skin and no dry flakes. Love this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

I decided to try something different instead of my usual wipes so I got this and I love it. At the end of the day I take some of this and rub it all over my face, even my eyes and especially my lashes. then I take a napkin and rub it(and all my makeup) off and it works great

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

I had this laying around to remove waterproof mascara because it does that very well. But then I heard this is an all around really great facial cleanser and it helps with acne, so i started using this as a cleanser as well and so far I love it, my acne has cleared up for the most part and it leaves my skin completely makeup-free and clean. Also, my skin feels a lot smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by superfille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. It's hard for me to find products that don't clog my pores. After a recent bout with breakouts caused by a new foundation, I did a little research on the skincare board that lead me to two products: Stridex and Ponds. For the last 3 weeks, morning and night, I have use Ponds to cleans my skin and remove it with a tissue, followed by swiping on a Stridex pad to remove excess residue and gently exfoliate. I don't use any water at all. My skin feels soft and clean and is quickly clearing up. Even my monthly hormonal acne was minimal this time around. I hope the improvements keep up.

Prior to this, I was using all L'Occitane products, which my sensitive skin also liked but were not helping to clear the breakouts. It's pretty funny that my products have gone from costing $80 (for L'Occitane cleaner + face cream) to costing about $10 for Ponds and Stridex :)

EDIT: Since it is winter I have added my L'Occitane Divine Cream back into use - I use it after toning with Stridex. My skin still looks great, and pores are clear. Since i don't love the parabens in Ponds, I sometimes use Albolene in the morning instead. I love that too, although I find it doesn't remove makeup quite as well as Ponds for some reason. If you don't like parabens, try Albolene.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No