July 28, 2014 | 1503 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by nancejn

Best product out there for removing makeup! I use my old worn out face cloths as the makeup stains the cloth. I put Ponds all over my face, wet the face cloth with warm water and use a corner of the cloth to first remove my eye makeup. Then rinse the cloth with hot water and take off the rest of my makeup. Ponds removes every trace of makeup and leaves skin feeling soft. I then wash my face with Cerave, pat dry and apply retin A and a night moisturizer. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

I don't really get the hype with this product..I feel like this was in my mother's make up drawer back in the day. I saw all the great reviews and had to pick up a jar to see what all the rave was about. This product is very thick, messy to use and you have to have a washcloth/ wet paper towel on deck. I use a different cleanser that removes my make up without the extra steps and I will be sticking to that as a means to wash off my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

Update : I'm on my second jar now, and still loving it! For what it does and the price, it is seriously a HG for me! I apply it with the silicone gel pad sold at Sephora and it does a very good job of removing thick layer of makeup (concealer + BB cream + loose powder). Then I use warm cloth to remove all and finally to make sure everything is really clean and fresh, I use my Bioderma Eau Micellaire on a cotton pad. My routine has been working super well for me. So highly highly recommend this product!

I used to dislike the scent but now I use it so frequently that I no longer smell it anymore ...

_______________________________

I love this product! Best make-up remover!
I've used half a bottle already and bought another pack (look for buy 1 get 1 deal at Wal-mart, for 7$CAD).
Pro : really remove all make-up
cheap price! the bottle can last you a long time!
does make your skin feeling really smooth
Con: I'm not particular fan of the smell
Packaging is the worse, I need to scoop out with a mini-spatula every single time....
*you may feel disturbed by the seemingly oily feel it leaves on your face but the trick is to remove with a hot wet towel, then ull feel the difference*

give it a try. u cant go wrong. worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I love love love this! This is my favorite way of taking off my face make up. I use this cold cream and rub it all over my face and wipe it off with a baby wipe. SUPER effective and inexpensive! I always wash my face afterwards with a cleanser just to make sure I don't leave any traces of make up. This smells amazing and like I said, really inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lizzybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have spent a good chunk of my adult life looking for the perfect facial cleanser. Yes, agreed, I do need to get out more. My ongoing search for cleansing perfection finally (finally!) led me to this lovely little tub o' goodness, and, unusually for skin care, perhaps a bit of self-awareness to boot.

I use Pond's Cold Cream every night to remove makeup and cleanse. I used to use cleansing milks (RoC, LRP, Avene, etc.) followed by Bioderma to pick up whatever got left behind (which could be quite a bit, depending on the scariness of my mascara application for the day). After switching to this cold cream, I discovered that there was no need for a second cleanse - this takes off 99.9% of my makeup, which is good enough for me. You need to massage the product into your skin A LOT (for at least 1 full minute - sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself 4 times in a row if you don't feel like setting a timer); also, I would recommend taking it off with a hot washcloth and not tissues. I find the hot cloth method is much better at removing more stubborn makeup, and the exfoliation from the washcloth keeps dry patches at bay. This should go without saying, but make sure you wash your little fingers before dipping them into the pot.

The "mineral oil makes you break out" debate is, in my view, a bit ridiculous. Mineral oil is incapable of getting into your pores - the molecule (a nice, long hydrocarbon) is far too big to fit. If this product makes you break out, don't use it, but look into the other ingredients (this one is full of some not so pronounceable chemicals), 'cause it's likely not the mineral oil's fault.

As to the self-awareness? Sometimes, I get sucked in by hype and fancy packaging only to be let down by a less-than-stellar performance. For $4 CAD, I get baby soft, clear skin without blocked pores or dry areas. Yes, the smell is kinda funky (it grows on you) and yes, the product itself is a bit outdated and not particularly environmentally friendly. That said, it works. Really, really well. Don't judge a book, peeps: the plain white + green tub on the bottom shelf is an absolute kick ass.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

wanted to really love this, i really did b/c of call the great reviews, but sadly this did not work for me (used in conujunction with ponds dry skin creme). left me with more breakouts that i never had before! will go back again later and try again and if anything improves will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing for removing make up and clearing acne. I just rub this all over my face and eyes and remove with a baby wipe. Make up gone, skin moisturized, redness and pimples barely noticeable! This has been the greatest thing for my stubborn acne. It's not gone completely because I haven't yet found my holy grail cleanser and moisturizer yet but my acne has gone down tremendously since I started using this. Redness and scarring almost gone. No break outs only reduction in acne. Sometimes I even slather all over my face and go to bed with it on and wake up so Dewey and less red. Love it will use forever and ever. Recommend it everyone especially my acne friends!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Skin reacted with a rash like breakout on the forehead along with little pimples & deep ones as well. Too greasy for my liking! This did not make my skin feel irritated or tight on a positive note.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could say I like this cream. Yes, true - after using this cream at night, in the morning the face looks all 'dewy' and fresh etc. But a few hours later, it looks like an OIL CLOTH. Also I am allergic to the DMDM ingredient. I notice small pustules on the face, the following morning after using this.

I thought the old formulation (which did not have DMDM Hydantoin) was okay - nothing great because it has mineral oil as the main ingredient.

Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate is supposedly acutely toxic according to some websites; ceresin is claimed to be a boot polishd and other household polishes ingredient. Add 'dmdm' to this lethal mixture and it is out of my comfort zone. What is more annoying is that Walgreens, Jergens, CVS etc have changed their cold-cream ingredients to include DMDM!!

Byebye, DMDM! If the old formula is restored and animal testing avoided, Ponds would be an acceptable product line!
There is nothing 'cool' about this non-classic product. I had to use this cream on my legs and feet, to finish it.

Instead I use rosehip seed oil and it has been doing wonders to my face.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the below, I learned that my skin can't handle mineral oil which this is high in, steer clear of the stuff if you're the same!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No