October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this hand cream! It does not live up to its 24-hour claim but it does last most of the day. I keep a tube on my desk at work, and each morning when I get into work my hands are pretty dry (I never remember to use moisturizer at home after I finish doing my hair and makeup!) I apply some every morning, and it soaks in quickly, allowing me to use my keyboard without getting it greasy. My hands normally stay moisturized (or at least "not dry" if that makes sense) until sometime during the evening when I finally reapply moisturizer again. I also love the fact that it is fragrance free, since many synthetic fragrances bother my allergies. This lotion still has a slight scent but it's only from the natural ingredients, not an added fragrance. The scent quickly fades after application.

Granted, I do have an office job that does not require constant hand-washing or lots of time spent outdoors, but this hand cream works great for me!

My only complaint is that it's pretty pricey for a drugstore product -- around $6 for a small tube. Other Aveeno products are much less expensive per ounce, but so far I haven't found another one that I like as much as this hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by sadbabykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff has saved my hands. I am a dog groomer and wash my hands constantly. This cream is very light. Kinda feels like rubbing water on your hands. It does have a slight odor to it, but it doesn't last long enough to bother me. This stuff is great for anyone who hates that creamy/greasy feeling of other hand creams. LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by terriblebeauty

So, this hand cream applies all right but I find it seems to actually have a strange odour.

It may not work so well for cuticles as others say, but theres cuticle oil out there for a reason, you know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by sheisontherun

I've had great results using this twice a day (morning and evening). Normally my hands get really chapped in the winter but I haven't had any problems at all yet. It's fragrance-free which I love. It lasts through a couple hand washings, sure. It doesn't live up to the 24 hour claim but honestly, I wasn't expecting that. For me, this works amazingly well - I just have to apply it a little bit more often, especially before going outside.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bgirl180

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My hands get very dry and scaley in the winter. I normally rely on the body shop's body butter but wanted something unscented and I generally like aveeno products. This one in particular jumped out because it promised to last for 24 hours.

Unfortunately, after using it for 2 weeks, this one went straight into the trash. It was not super moisturizing. It did not last 24 hours. In fact, it barely lasted 10 min because the product would "pill" off my hands - I would apply it, then it would rub off. If I made the mistake of re-applying it (even hours later), it would pill of even worse. It was gross. Do not buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I like most Aveeno products that I've tried. They are supposed to fragrance free and better for sensitive skin which is perfect for me. I am sometimes allergic to products with fragrance and my arms/hand area can be sensitive. My skin is normally dry all year long and it gets a lot worse during the winter. During the winter, if I don't take good care of my hands, they will become visibly dry and chapped..sometimes to the point where the back of my hand will develop colored spots. I'm sure you get the picture. I like this because it doesn't irritate my skin at all and it isn't too greasy. It sinks into the skin easily and quickly. Unfortunately, I would not repurchase because it takes a lot of effort for great results. On the tube, it says that it's supposed to last 24 hours and through hand washing but that's not my experience at all. When I apply this only 2 or 3x a day, it does absolutely nothing for me. As soon as I wash my hands, they become dry again. If I want the best results, I have to reapply this all day long..not only after washing my hands but whenever I have time which is inconvenient. I probably apply this at least 10x a day in order to keep my hands decently moisturized. People who don't have major issues with dryness probably don't have to reapply as often but for someone like me with major dryness issues, this don't cut it. I just don't have time to sit around all day and remind myself to apply lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is a great hand cream. I have tried tons, from bbw to origins to loccitane etc. It smells a little funny and the bottle is too big for your purse but too small for the price. I think I paid 8 bucks which to me is a lot for aveeno although lord knows how much I have shelled out on other hand creams. Since I've been using this my hands are so much less dry it's amazing. They also don't get so uncomfortable right after washing them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl251

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Doesn't have a strong odor
-Doesn't feel greasy

Cons:

-Does not last through hand washing
-Did nothing at giving relief to my dry hands

I definitely prefer other hand creams to this one which is surprising since I normally love Aveeno products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Kieks39

It's awesome! My go-to for the winter. I find what I like best about it is that even after I wash my hands I can still feel that there is some left on there sheilding my skin. Also, as others note, there is no fragrance and it absorbs very quickly. The consistency is not too thick, but just right, thicker than most hand creams at the store. I prefer it immensely to Eucerin or Neutrogena and slightly prefer this to Avon silicone glove. I have pricier favorites (AHAVA, Kiehls) but this one really works very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, the tube is too big to carry in a purse. It moisturizes fairly well, however, I feel like it would not be thick enough if I had very very dry hands from the winter. Also, the price was a bit high, but I guess for the amount it was alright. Its fairly mediocre in my opinion. I think Neutrogena's Norwegian formula hand cream is better, though it takes a bit longer to absorb in.