The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't so sure about this mask. When I applied it I thought I was allergic or something as it started to burn, but after about 30 seconds I realised that was just the tingle of the tea tree. It does what it says on the tub - 'cool and lifts away impurities'. As soon as I has washed it off my face felt softer and smoother and extremely refreshed. At 9 the tub is rather small but with the instruction to use weekly I can see it lasting a while as not much is needed for the whole face. Would totally recommend to somewith with acne prone skin like myself, especially in conjunction with other body shop tea tree products. My face hasn't felt so fresh in a very long time.

on 8/1/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can say this product didnt do anything other than clean my skin .... i wish it helped my acne or blackheads but it didnt do anything at all .. very disappointed .. i will not purchase this again .. its more for sensitive skins who are looking for a mask for rare bumps they get on their face ..

on 6/26/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The rep suggested this for me to help me with my crazy skin which is dry and oily and everything inbetween at once and I break out a lot. So okay. I bought it and religiously used it once a week until the pot ran out (which took a while, it lasts a long time).
I can't say it did much for me. Yep, it made my skin squeaky clean but even my face wash does that. It didn't help with breakouts at all, in fact I'm sort of wondering if it made them worse since now I've been out of it for two months and my skin is actually better then before. Or maybe it's the summer.
But it did sting a bit and my face had red patches after using it.
So maybe it works for someone but not for me. I won't repurchase.

on 6/17/2011 7:52:00 AM

No. No, no. Isn't tea tree oil supposed to calm your skin from breaking out? And doesn't this claim to help inflamed skin? Or maybe there's something that says 'whatever we say, we do the opposite' somewhere on the packaging that I missed. Or maybe, because I bought this on sale in a massively reduced price, the efficacy is similarly reduced. Whatever the cause is, I just spent my money to embellish my face with humongous, nutso and painful ensemble of acne.

on 6/5/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the feeling of this mask when it's on - Nice and minty, but not too overwhelming. It's a little hard to take remove. I had to rinse my face a little to get it off. I think it made my pores look smaller with use, but it also broke me out horribly.

on 5/11/2011 2:54:00 PM

Me: 18, very fair, very sensitive, combination skin (oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks)

I've tried a few of the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil products as a friend of mine uses their cleaner and toner religiously. Unfortunately, the menthol in this mask is far too harsh for my skin. I use pure tea tree oil on my skin on a regular basis without any burning sensations, but after I used this mask, my face was very red and painful to the touch. About a day later, I discovered several new "little friends" in the form of new pimples. I'm not a fan of the Body Shop's long list of facial care ingredients, especially considering their marketing as a natural company. For example, the limonene in this mask is also used as a paint stripper; myristyl myristate is listed at a 5 (the highest ranking) on the comedogenic scale. Using this product as an acne treatment will likely aggravate breakouts for most people.

on 5/5/2011 12:18:00 AM

Although I did enjoy this mask because it gave me the "cooling" sensation without drying up like clay masks, it simply didn't do anything for my blemishes, which is probably because the tea tree oil percentage is so low. Using your normal cleanser and some tea tree oil on a q-tip for spot treatments will do you a lot more good than this mask so don't waste your money on it if you are actually looking for something to clear up your skin.

I don't have much experience with facial masks but I kinda like this mask. I wouldn't buy it for the full price but since it was on sale I grabbed it. I like how this mask feels when you have it on, it's really refreshing and cooling. I don't know if it does much for my breakouts but meh, it's okey.

on 4/22/2011 5:05:00 AM

I LOVE this mask! I don't mind the packaging because before I dip my fingers in, my hands are obviously washed, thus minimizing the contamination process. This mask is so refreshing and I have super oily/acne prone skin. I've been using it almost every day and it's made my skin free of break outs. I don't lie when I say my skin is super oily and using this mask every day has made it a little dry, but I have moisturizers to take care of that. I'd rather have my skin a little dry rather than have pimples. But it's a great value and will work for those who have super oily skin or acne prone skin.

on 3/28/2011 4:39:00 PM

i think i paid about 16 dollars for this product. ive used it about five times now. ive got to say im not exactly sure WHAT its doing to my skin but its definitely doing something. i use it at night and will remove my makeup with EVOO and then apply the mask directly over it so it seals in all the oil. i let it sit for 15 minutes and then hop in the shower and take it off then go about my normal routine. and ever since i started using it, my skin feels like it can breath so much better right after i take it off. also, when i have those lazy nights and fall asleep without washing my face (we all have them, dont lie haha) i dont wake up with a blemish or two on my face anymore! i useto never get away with that i would always pay the price the next morning. down side to this product obviously is the packaging. I spoon it out and then dump the spoon full on my hand so that im never dipping my fingers into the actual tub. it doesnt take a lot of this to do the trick. first time i used it it was VERY tingly, almost unpleasant. but it went away and now when i use it it barely tingles. also mask doesnt dry.

Popular Masks