Wet 'n' Wild CoverAll Cover Stick

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/11/2010 12:56:00 AM

Sometimes you want a cheap concealer that does what it says it will. This gives good coverage that doesn't move, hides dark circles, and dries to a perfect matte finish. Not the one I reach for most (the finish can be too matte, ya know?) but it works.

on 3/26/2010 12:16:00 AM

FINALLY a HG concealer! I get dark circles under my eyes and wake up most days looking like a drug addict. I have been on a search for a good concealer for the longest time and not much has worked. Before I found this, I was using the CG Smoothers concealer stick. It worked decently at covering the circles but man that thing was INSANELY messy. It is impossible to use that product and not get most of it all over the inside of the tube.

I don't have that problem with this though and as far as coverage, it works even better than the CG one. I cannot get over how close the shade is to my own skin color. I barely even have to do any blending. I do one swipe with this stuff and it looks awesome, the circles nearly disappear! I look so much more awake.

The only problem is that it creases after a while but it's not so bad if I remember to check in the mirror every now and then and just blend it back in.

And a tip for those that find it to be flakey... try putting a good moisturizer on first or what I like to do... which is apply an ever so small amount of Smith's Rosebud Salve over the area after I've applied the concealer. This will keep it smooth and flake-free ALL DAY.

I also love that it's simple small packaging which means I can carry it around in my small purse. And this product is cheap too. 2 dollars normally, though I got mine for free in a BOGO.

Thank you WnW! this product is my new best friend!

on 9/19/2009 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

First off I don't use this as a concealer on spots or under my eye are. I use this to tone down the redness in my lips. It does a great job at doing this.

on 7/27/2009 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This little stick was very easy to use, and I loved it for under-eye coverage. I think it works well, but it caused the skin on my eyelids and underneath my eyes to flake. Ewww. When I stopped using this, the flakiness went away.

on 5/4/2009 1:56:00 PM

I cannot be without this concealer - #801 being my choice. I have tried so many other concealers and find that the color never matches properly - whereas, surprisingly, with this product, what you see in the tube is exactly what you get. I love the consistency - it provides perfect coverage for my skin. This product is a winner in my eyes and I pray they never stop selling it.

on 3/15/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I can never find a good concealer that actually, well, conceals! I was wondering though the make-up isle the other day and I spotted this. For $2, what the hey, it's worth a try. If push comes to shove, I can use it as a eyeshadow base or a nude lipstick if it doesn't work.

I have naturally dark circles under my eyes (thanks mom!), though not as dark as some people's, so even when I don't want to put make-up on, I generally try to do something to hide them or at least make them less apparent.

So, I got this in 804. Surprisingly, the color of the stick is actually very close to what goes on your face. I've had major problems with buying concealers or foundations and trying to match the color; what's in the pot isn't always what comes out. The texture is great; it goes on smooth and doesn't cake or crease. I'm still learning how to apply it, but coverage is terrific. Really take some time to learn how to apply it because, like a lot of make-up, it will look bad if you don't do it right. It lasts for a long time as long as you don't rub your eyes (which I do tend to do, so it doesn't last quite as long for me.) It's pretty easy to reapply and it's small, so finding room in your purse isn't a problem. It also does well at covering small blemishes and pimples, though if you're a picker or a popper and the skin is broken, it doesn't do much to hide that.

Overall, I think I'll buy this again. I'll probably recommend it to other people as well.

Also, aliawilk123 has good advice on applying this; it really helps! Go find her review.

on 2/28/2009 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've tried using tons of different concealers, & I was really strapped for
cash when I saw this. I got it in 801, the lightest shade, & I was suprised at how well this covered up my undereye circles! My skin is very porcelain, this shade is perfect. It lasts me about 3 months, using it everyday, but what got me was the price. It's $1.99 for a single stick!
Application takes some getting used to, you have to rub it in just a bit. Good for covering up zits, but does fade after a while.

-edit-

after using this for a while, I had some of the worst breakouts Ive ever had. I stopped using it & i cleared up completely. What I also noticed was that the oil & dirt off my skin formed on the tip & was being rubbed back into my skin =/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm almost ashamed to be writing this, but I read the reviews on this, and I figured for $1.99, I wouldn't be wasting much to try this. So, I did. And much to my surprise, this concealer is actually pretty good! It goes on really smooth and works really well when it comes to covering redness. So, I think I might actually recommend this for someone.

::Edit::
Nevermind. After an hour or so, this is a hot greasy mess!

on 1/30/2009 10:52:00 PM

not a bad product for its price. there definitely are better products up there that dont feel as slimy and unnatural, but if you are only willing to fork out 2 bucks for 3 months worth of concealer, here's your baby

on 1/25/2009 11:54:00 AM

This concealer was good, but it felt kinda wierd, i used it for my undereye circles, but it was kind of obvious. When i kept on using it, i started getting these bumps, so i stopped using it. but i saw on youtube that you could use your stick concealer as lipstick, so i tried it, and it worked out great for a nude lip! so wipe off the nasty part, and use it as that ;]