MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

on 5/21/2010 6:33:00 PM

Nymphette is what I would like to call a "glamorous neutral pink." It's a simple warm pink, but there's some pink and gold shimmer in it that really adds an extra kick. I really love the color, and I can see this color working on most skin tones. In short, I love this color.

I've found that MAC's lipglasses can be a bit on the sticky side (but not to the point where it bothers me). Because they're kind of sticky, the lasting power is much longer than that of non-sticky glosses.

The gloss has no taste, but it smells like that typical vanilla scent that all MAC lip products have. Also, the packaging is standard for a MAC lipglass (which isn't a bad thing at all).

Overall, I love this particular color. I feel like I can use it for both daytime and nighttime looks without feeling overdone or underdone.

on 5/11/2010 6:19:00 PM

This is a perfect nude/pink color! It is so pretty. One of my favorite MAC gloss so far! I prefer this color over Viva glam V. I know a lot of people like that one but it is too dark for me. This color is also good on top of a nude lipstick such as MAC myth. Love it!

on 4/25/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm one of those people that...when I smell a scent I absolutely love or see a gloss/blush that is unbelievably pretty, I have to ask the girl what it is. Life is too short to not know haha. Thankfully, there wasn't some random lady wearing this one, it was one of the ladies in my church. It was utterly beautiful. Very nude, shimmer, pink looking. I had to have it. Imagine the laugh getting her to say the name of it in church (after the service)! lol
As a young teenager, this was my favorite gloss. And I knew I always looked good with it on. Man, I need to go and buy another one. It's making me nostalgic!

on 4/23/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sad that I am in the minority! I thought I would absolutely love NYMPHETTE lipglass because its so popular on MUA. I did not feel good / look good at ALL wearing this.

First of all, I am a cool PPP with dark eyes and dark hair and when I applied this, it made my lips look ORANGE and not pink at all. I feel like it washed me out so bad. and too much gold in this lipgloss, which I really didn't like....ahh..I wish it suited me.

on 4/13/2010 11:14:00 PM

I think this was the first MAC product that I purchased. It's a really nice colour... can be used as a nude/neutral colour with a gold shimmer. It's nice to wear when I go for a more dramatic eye. It is a bit sticky, but I think this helps it stay put longer.

on 4/12/2010 3:54:00 AM

HG. Super sparkly pink/gold nude. Looks AMAZING with flat black eyeliner (like blacktrack) or other matte eye makeup.

on 4/11/2010 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sooooo versatile. If you have warmed tone skin, this is a great thing to have in your collection b/c of it's pinky golden wonderfulness. It looks good alone and it looks good with tons of different lipsticks. On me, I like it best with Bronzilla and Creme d'Nude. Nymphette is the only thing that makes Creme d'Nude wearable for me! <3!

on 3/30/2010 11:54:00 PM

I'm not going to completely bash this one, because I can see this being pretty on some, however it looked awful on me. In the tube, Nymphette looks like a light to medium pink with gold shimmer. However when put on, it made my lips look darker, which I hate. It also looked like a gold glitter bomb when off on my mouth.

Not flattering on me, but I can see this working for those with warmer complexions. (I am NW30).

on 3/9/2010 10:56:00 PM

I'm enjoying the color, gold undertone, and sheer/slightly tinted coloring. I was a little scared it might wash me out, but it doesn't do that at all. I can see why a lot of women enjoy it too, it makes lips look plump and flawless. It can go with anything, and it lasts a good while. It's a tad sticky, but nothing that's gross or can turn me off. I will be repurchasing other shades in the future.

on 3/9/2010 6:23:00 PM

AWESOME lip gloss. Gives you a nude lip, with a subtle difference. It is sort of like a dusky rose but with warmth from the gold sheen. It is a very pleasing effect and completes any look nicely.

Recommended for Medium Skin