April 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

I generally do not mind paying $30 bucks for a cleanser. This one feels good, and it does not dry my skin. But I can't say there is anything special about it. I tried Lancome's exfoliater before, and was trying to find something better than it, but I do not think this Murad is better. Not sure I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by SissiAndersen

I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by keeadi

I love this scrub. It does a great job of removing dead skin without being too harsh. Admittedly, I went a bit overboard when I first got this scrub using it daily (or more!) but now I've scaled it back to a much more rational 3-4 times a week. I've had this for months and it looks as if I've barely touched it, so I feel the price is completely justified. I am a bit of a commitiphobe with scrubs, but this one will always have a place in my medicine cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good, solid scrub. I've been using it on and off for about ten years - it was one of the first scrubs I ever used! It's really effective without being too abrasive, the price is really reasonable considering how long it lasts (a tube lasts me about a year and a half with weekly use). And I hadn't found anything better until a few months ago when I tried a sample of Modern Friction by Origins. As much as I love this scrub, I must say that Modern Friction simply does a much better job on my not as youthful skin. For anyone with super sensitive skin though, I would recommend this Murad one over MF, as MF can be kinda harsh and stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by HallyGirl22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product! Just bought this a week ago and already notice a HUGE difference in my skin tone, texture and overall look. Best product I have found in a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by KarenMixa

Just a nice gentle exfoliant that helps keep my pores a little clearer and helps my husband's ingrown hair problem. Leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I use it about 3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

WOW! I had my initiation into the AHA/BHA world with this, and I definitely intend to carry on. Somewhat sceptical about exfoliation - I live in a sunny climate, don't like sunscreen, have some cracked veins etc etc, I was trying to clear my face with all sorts of other things and was using serums for PORES, god bless them. However, this one made it for me. Just after the first use, I could notice a big difference on the overall toning of my skin, no redness nothing, a healthy, supple, durable smoothness and a firm softness. And, DIMINISHED PORES! This was the surprise of the day, as my pores are determined to be visible regardless of my regimen. This exfoliator has helped especially with the ones slowly invading the areas near my nose. Also, my face responds to serum really well after this exfoliator. After my second tube, the effects are reliably there - no breakouts or anything.

The formula contains most things known to human kind -AHA/BHA, jojoba, but I think the real benefit comes from the AHAs and then slightly from jojoba beads. BHA's are oil soluble so in my experience they give better results with masks, as they can stay on skin for longer. Therefore, I resist temptation and don't use this more than twice a week. This gives me room for a salicylic clay mask once a week.

It has a very clean smell, slightly on the bleachy side for me and when the actual "burning" (never a sensation on my skin that burns even with toner, but the chemical process) takes place, it may make my eyes water a bit. Still, it's just for a second or so; why not do it eyes wide shut:) The package allows me to use it till the last bit, and a little goes a long way; so, it's not expensive at all. I don't want to swear by this brand, but I can swear with this AHA/BHA stuff. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Have been having terrible breakouts lately and traced them back to this scrub. I already knew I was sensitive to AHAs so I had to stop using it. My skin reacted badly to the Alpha Hydrox souffle as well. If you are sensitive to AHAs, keep an eye on your skin with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

holy moly! i bought this product two days ago- and it seems like every exfoliant ive tried doesnt do the job- but then i tried this one and my skin is suddenly refreshed and finally glowing-
i have very sensitive skin- so most exfoliants are too harsh- but i also have acne-prone skin so i need something tough enough to exfoliate enough- this is my HG of exfoliants.... its not harsh- and my face looks noticeably better in the morning.
i would recommend to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin- a real find.

EDIT: 3/31/08:
still love this stuff- i went a little nuts exfoliating more often than i should have but lately i am back down to 1-2 times a week and i love the results. now i just need help with everything else (i have redness like a mofo)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ernestine_lk

this is the best scrub product I have ever used,I had large pores around my nose.
But they were all gone after I started using this,It has a light texture;there are no big particles in it.