November 20, 2014 | 1995 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by austin01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as a morning cleanser and use cetalphil the rest of the day. I love this cleanser as I have oily combi skin and this contains great exfoliaters and jojoba beads which are wonderful in helping get rid of blackheads. the tube of cleanser lasts a long long time as you only need a dot on each part of the face. Its not drying like other aha/bha cleasners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! This exfoliating cleanser is nothing short of a miracle. Really, after a week, my skin was NOTICEABLY smoother. I have gooten loads of remarks on my complexion because of this product. I am *serious*. I use it almost daily as a night time cleanser. Seriously, if you're looking for something that really does a GREAT job, this product is it.

And, it is not irritating or drying...simply marvelous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by isenen

I've been using scrubs regularly for years and I've tried several products. I used to have flakes around the lips and cheeks even though I used scrubs regularly.
I've been using this one 2-3 times a week for a couple of months and it's time to say "this is THE SCRUB":P
I don't remember when I last had flakes. It leaves the skin silky and glowing without irritation and helps enhance my complexion.
It looks expensive but it's very very long lasting unlike other scrubs. I say don't hesitate giving it a shot;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the first few times, I did notice some dry patches, but overall it left my skin much softer and brighter. I am now using once-twice a week and no dry patches have been noticed, so I'll continue using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by poesha

First and only Murad product I have ever liked. I think Murad and I are just not a match because out of 6 Murad tries this is the only one that I am happy with. The first few times I used it I didn't like it but after subsequent uses I find it to have excellent exfoliating properties. I think maybe you should start out slow with it till you can see how your skin reacts. The first few times it made me skin really dry, with cracked patches so I slowed way down in the frequency and then built it back up to every couple of days. I feel like it makes me skin brighter and a little bit of it can go a long way so it's actually a good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by stopthesmap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I purchased this product on the internet (and the Renewing Cleansing Cream - see review), I didn't realise that it was a granule exfoliator. I thought that it would be AHAs and BHA in a gel-like formula.

Regardless of this, I found that this exfoliator is very gentle and can be used almost every day. In fact I probably do use it every day, if only on my nose, as I originally purchased it thinking that the BHA would unclog the VERY stubborn pores on my nose. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a very high concentration of salicylic acid and my blackheads have remained there.

All in all, it isn't a fantastic scrub - but thankfully it doesn't leave my skin dry or scratchy like a more abrasive one would.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

I generally do not mind paying $30 bucks for a cleanser. This one feels good, and it does not dry my skin. But I can't say there is anything special about it. I tried Lancome's exfoliater before, and was trying to find something better than it, but I do not think this Murad is better. Not sure I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by SissiAndersen

I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by keeadi

I love this scrub. It does a great job of removing dead skin without being too harsh. Admittedly, I went a bit overboard when I first got this scrub using it daily (or more!) but now I've scaled it back to a much more rational 3-4 times a week. I've had this for months and it looks as if I've barely touched it, so I feel the price is completely justified. I am a bit of a commitiphobe with scrubs, but this one will always have a place in my medicine cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good, solid scrub. I've been using it on and off for about ten years - it was one of the first scrubs I ever used! It's really effective without being too abrasive, the price is really reasonable considering how long it lasts (a tube lasts me about a year and a half with weekly use). And I hadn't found anything better until a few months ago when I tried a sample of Modern Friction by Origins. As much as I love this scrub, I must say that Modern Friction simply does a much better job on my not as youthful skin. For anyone with super sensitive skin though, I would recommend this Murad one over MF, as MF can be kinda harsh and stinging.