July 28, 2014 | 2199 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the first few times, I did notice some dry patches, but overall it left my skin much softer and brighter. I am now using once-twice a week and no dry patches have been noticed, so I'll continue using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by poesha

First and only Murad product I have ever liked. I think Murad and I are just not a match because out of 6 Murad tries this is the only one that I am happy with. The first few times I used it I didn't like it but after subsequent uses I find it to have excellent exfoliating properties. I think maybe you should start out slow with it till you can see how your skin reacts. The first few times it made me skin really dry, with cracked patches so I slowed way down in the frequency and then built it back up to every couple of days. I feel like it makes me skin brighter and a little bit of it can go a long way so it's actually a good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by stopthesmap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I purchased this product on the internet (and the Renewing Cleansing Cream - see review), I didn't realise that it was a granule exfoliator. I thought that it would be AHAs and BHA in a gel-like formula.

Regardless of this, I found that this exfoliator is very gentle and can be used almost every day. In fact I probably do use it every day, if only on my nose, as I originally purchased it thinking that the BHA would unclog the VERY stubborn pores on my nose. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a very high concentration of salicylic acid and my blackheads have remained there.

All in all, it isn't a fantastic scrub - but thankfully it doesn't leave my skin dry or scratchy like a more abrasive one would.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

I generally do not mind paying $30 bucks for a cleanser. This one feels good, and it does not dry my skin. But I can't say there is anything special about it. I tried Lancome's exfoliater before, and was trying to find something better than it, but I do not think this Murad is better. Not sure I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by SissiAndersen

I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by keeadi

I love this scrub. It does a great job of removing dead skin without being too harsh. Admittedly, I went a bit overboard when I first got this scrub using it daily (or more!) but now I've scaled it back to a much more rational 3-4 times a week. I've had this for months and it looks as if I've barely touched it, so I feel the price is completely justified. I am a bit of a commitiphobe with scrubs, but this one will always have a place in my medicine cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good, solid scrub. I've been using it on and off for about ten years - it was one of the first scrubs I ever used! It's really effective without being too abrasive, the price is really reasonable considering how long it lasts (a tube lasts me about a year and a half with weekly use). And I hadn't found anything better until a few months ago when I tried a sample of Modern Friction by Origins. As much as I love this scrub, I must say that Modern Friction simply does a much better job on my not as youthful skin. For anyone with super sensitive skin though, I would recommend this Murad one over MF, as MF can be kinda harsh and stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by HallyGirl22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product! Just bought this a week ago and already notice a HUGE difference in my skin tone, texture and overall look. Best product I have found in a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by KarenMixa

Just a nice gentle exfoliant that helps keep my pores a little clearer and helps my husband's ingrown hair problem. Leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I use it about 3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

WOW! I had my initiation into the AHA/BHA world with this, and I definitely intend to carry on. Somewhat sceptical about exfoliation - I live in a sunny climate, don't like sunscreen, have some cracked veins etc etc, I was trying to clear my face with all sorts of other things and was using serums for PORES, god bless them. However, this one made it for me. Just after the first use, I could notice a big difference on the overall toning of my skin, no redness nothing, a healthy, supple, durable smoothness and a firm softness. And, DIMINISHED PORES! This was the surprise of the day, as my pores are determined to be visible regardless of my regimen. This exfoliator has helped especially with the ones slowly invading the areas near my nose. Also, my face responds to serum really well after this exfoliator. After my second tube, the effects are reliably there - no breakouts or anything.

The formula contains most things known to human kind -AHA/BHA, jojoba, but I think the real benefit comes from the AHAs and then slightly from jojoba beads. BHA's are oil soluble so in my experience they give better results with masks, as they can stay on skin for longer. Therefore, I resist temptation and don't use this more than twice a week. This gives me room for a salicylic clay mask once a week.

It has a very clean smell, slightly on the bleachy side for me and when the actual "burning" (never a sensation on my skin that burns even with toner, but the chemical process) takes place, it may make my eyes water a bit. Still, it's just for a second or so; why not do it eyes wide shut:) The package allows me to use it till the last bit, and a little goes a long way; so, it's not expensive at all. I don't want to swear by this brand, but I can swear with this AHA/BHA stuff. Highly recommended.