October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 More reviews by iwodamiorie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used AHA/BHA toners and gels for years, including some pretty strong ones, like Jan Marini Bioglycolic, so I expected to use the Neutrogena product without any problems. It doesn't list the % of each acid in the ingredients (However, these numbers are more a marketing line than true information, since the ingredients often include buffering agents). I guess I assumed it wouldn't be very strong-- after all, it's called "pore refining" rather than anti-acne/ oily skin.

I was wrong-- something in the ingredients is quite strong, don 't know if it's the alcohol content or some other ingredient, but I ended up with a red stinging face. Rinsed it off quickly, but didn't rinse my chest, as it didn't sting there, and that skin is tougher than my face. Wrong again: and I woke up the next morning with irritated, red bumps there.

Proceed with caution. I think this one is better for younger, oilier skin. Sure wish Neutrogena would take out the unnecessary essential/ fragrancing oils, and make an AHA/BHA toner that is more appropriate for mature, non-oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by maserati

One of those items that just didnt do anything for my skin. I have oily acne prone skin with huge pores. I thought this would help but it didnt. My skin had no reaction to it and i used it for at least 2 months if not more. My pores are still the same size. Maybe this might work for others but not me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by takemyhand

This is a good toner, overall. I like that it contains BHA/AHA in it and I do see some fading of my dark acne spots. I also use this with my Healthy Skin SPF 15 Neutrogena AHA Moisturizer so maybe the moisturizer is also helping..? I like the smell too! I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product before and to be honest with you, it didn't do anything to me. I love Neutrogena products, but this one was not useful to me. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by rainrain826

rebecca used it. bought it long time ago. used it at wheaton end of freshman year, dk about pore refining. mixed water? used it up? container? felt clean......inexpensive. overall good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOOOOVE this toner. my skin is combination, so it's kind of dry but gets oily in the T-zone area, and I have a lot of clogged pores, but this toner along with the pore refining cleanser have both done wonders for my skin. It definitely makes my moisturizer work better, and gets rid of the dirt and leftover makeup my cleanser didn't clean off. My face is so much better now, and I can see huge difference, I definitely have less blackheads, and this just makes my skin feel so fresh and clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a maybe choice on the buying it again. I do like this toner...I like it more than the Boots one I got at Target. In terms of refining my pores, I don't really see that big of a difference, but it really does seem to make my skin more radiant. Even without makeup, I look glowy, an effect I really enjoy. I will probably end up buying something else just because I get distracted easily and want to try new things. Haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kz59

I have been using this product for around 5 years on my now-50 year old skin, and it has definitely improved the texture (warning - this is not an overnight solution for your pores - you must have patience). The pores on my nose don't seem much different, but that's a major problem area. The toner smells nice and light (many out there are heavily perfumed), does not sting unless you have a deep pimple, and is great at removing grime and makeup. I have combination skin, and it cleans the oily t-zone but does not dry out the cheeks. It has unfortunately become really difficult to find; just managed to grab a few bottles at Ulta, but I'm stumped if they stop carrying it. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign that the company is ready to discontinue - I will be heartbroken.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge Neutrogena fan, but this is pretty much just plain toner. I never had any pores "refined" because of it. It does smell nice and leaves my skin feeling clean and "fresh", though. It's not cheap, but not pricey, either.