November 26, 2014 | 1362 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by cafebunni

Great toner! It gets everything my facewash doesn't, and I really see improvment in my pores. It works very good on oily tzone areas. I don't have sensitive skin so I'm not sure what the chemicals woudl do for that, but this really cleaned up my skin with no bad reactions.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by icceti

I'm sorry but I have to say this, I am surprise to see so many people say "it didn't do anything for me". It's a toner not a miracle. It sits on your skins for less than 10 secs how much can you expect from it. It is suppose to help but you can't expect drastic changes from something that sit on your skins for merely 5 or 10 sec. Big changes are from the products that sit on your skin all night and day, not the toner.

Alright review... I like that it will take off what my cleanser didn't catch. It will hydrate my oily skin without drying it during the summer. I don't use it during the winter b/c it will dry my skin in the winter. Like I said I don't expect this to refine my pores. I expect my Dr.Brandt night cream to do that. For a toner, this is a great product for the price it comes in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 More reviews by iwodamiorie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used AHA/BHA toners and gels for years, including some pretty strong ones, like Jan Marini Bioglycolic, so I expected to use the Neutrogena product without any problems. It doesn't list the % of each acid in the ingredients (However, these numbers are more a marketing line than true information, since the ingredients often include buffering agents). I guess I assumed it wouldn't be very strong-- after all, it's called "pore refining" rather than anti-acne/ oily skin.

I was wrong-- something in the ingredients is quite strong, don 't know if it's the alcohol content or some other ingredient, but I ended up with a red stinging face. Rinsed it off quickly, but didn't rinse my chest, as it didn't sting there, and that skin is tougher than my face. Wrong again: and I woke up the next morning with irritated, red bumps there.

Proceed with caution. I think this one is better for younger, oilier skin. Sure wish Neutrogena would take out the unnecessary essential/ fragrancing oils, and make an AHA/BHA toner that is more appropriate for mature, non-oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by maserati

One of those items that just didnt do anything for my skin. I have oily acne prone skin with huge pores. I thought this would help but it didnt. My skin had no reaction to it and i used it for at least 2 months if not more. My pores are still the same size. Maybe this might work for others but not me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by takemyhand

This is a good toner, overall. I like that it contains BHA/AHA in it and I do see some fading of my dark acne spots. I also use this with my Healthy Skin SPF 15 Neutrogena AHA Moisturizer so maybe the moisturizer is also helping..? I like the smell too! I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product before and to be honest with you, it didn't do anything to me. I love Neutrogena products, but this one was not useful to me. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by rainrain826

rebecca used it. bought it long time ago. used it at wheaton end of freshman year, dk about pore refining. mixed water? used it up? container? felt clean......inexpensive. overall good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOOOOVE this toner. my skin is combination, so it's kind of dry but gets oily in the T-zone area, and I have a lot of clogged pores, but this toner along with the pore refining cleanser have both done wonders for my skin. It definitely makes my moisturizer work better, and gets rid of the dirt and leftover makeup my cleanser didn't clean off. My face is so much better now, and I can see huge difference, I definitely have less blackheads, and this just makes my skin feel so fresh and clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a maybe choice on the buying it again. I do like this toner...I like it more than the Boots one I got at Target. In terms of refining my pores, I don't really see that big of a difference, but it really does seem to make my skin more radiant. Even without makeup, I look glowy, an effect I really enjoy. I will probably end up buying something else just because I get distracted easily and want to try new things. Haha.