February 1, 2015 | 2099 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

I originally got a sample of this primer from sephora and liked it enough to buy a full sized version when I ran out.
I have combination skin, with some dry areas, occasional breakouts and my t-zone gets oily towards the end of the day. I've tried multiple primers (smashbox, bare escentuals, sephora, rimmel, hard candy, korres, etc) and this one is my favorite so far. It has a nice consistency that isn't as slick as smashbox, which some may actually prefer though, and hasn't made me break out.
It doesn't create a perfect canvas for foundation, but does a good job without a heavy feeling of wearing extra layers of product and makes my foundation last significantly longer throughout the day (12+ hours) without making my face super oily

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Zippy19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample from sephora.com and i like it so far. makes my makeup last all day and hasn't broke me out which is a big plus, definitley will be repurchasing after my project 10 pan is over

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sunflowergirl6

I love this primer! I admit, I had very high hopes for it, but it did not dissapoint me! It doesn't break me out(and I'm VERY prone to break-outs), it makes my foundation look great, and it feel soo much better on my skin than the smashbox primer(hate the silicone)! Also, the packaging is great! Only takes a very small amount, so I think it's worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised there's so many poor reviews here! I've been using this primer for 2 weeks and it's pretty much amazing. I have normal skin, no breakouts, not acne prone (just a few hormonal pimples once in a blue moon), so I'm not sensitive to any products. I wash my face, tone, put on eye cream and moisturizer, let it sink it - and then put a tiny bit of this on. I think the key is to use a very small amount. I let it sink in for a minute or so, then apply my NARS duo concelear and the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. The foundation applies like a dream and looks so natural, like it's truly a part of my skin. It makes my foundation application so easy. I then set it with MUFE HD powder. I do end up reapplying MUFE powder once throughout the day on my t-zone, but other than that my make up looks fresh throughout the day. People have mentioned that this primer has a bad scent -- but maybe my sense of smell is non existent because I can't really smell anything wrong with it!

I'm really happy with this primer and I would definitely repurchase. I've heard really good things about the Smashbox primer, which I think I will sample when I'm done with my Laura Mercier tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is expensive and just did not work for me - what a disappointment after the salesperson at Sephora recommended it as the best. I have oily skin and it did not control the oil at all - I returned the product to the store and I'm sticking with Avon Magix.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I try this product on my hands, my skin turn red and ache...I dare not put it on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CHARLENE314

I got a sample of it. It broke me out like crazy, and I don't see the difference of using it or not, but it smelled pretty nice tho. Won't buy again for sure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I got this as part of a Sephora BI sample and I'm happy I tried it before I bought it.

I have dry, sensitive, mature skin with rosacea and I'm on the hunt for a great primer to use either on its own or under foundation. This is not the one.

When I squeezed it out of the tube, I was pleasantly surprized at how creamy it looked. However, as soon as I applied it, it felt as if my face just dried up. My skin instanly became uncomfortably dry and I had to rewash my face and start my skincare routine over, without this product (of course).

This might work in the summer but not for my dry, winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally find most foundation primers to be a waste of time, merely adding to layers of cream and make-up, and creating a clogging sensation. However, Laura Mercier’s primers are fantastic: they are light and they ensure make-up stays put all day. Her primers are also available in oil free and extra hydrating varieties, as well as in a version formulated for mineral foundation, with a liquid-to-powder formulation.

The hydrating primer is a particularly good product for me as I have dry skin, and use this instead of a moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by amhowe12

I am absolutely in love with this product. So light and smooth and makes your foundation go on so nicely! The packaging is adorable and the top stays very clean, something I always appreciate in a product that comes in a tube.

This can be worn alone or over moisturizer depending on your skin type. I have dry skin and like to put a light moisturizer on beforehand. Thsi product is also great if you have a small dry area after applying foundation that you want to smooth up!

It is pricey, but if used correctly you shouldn't need more than one per six months.