Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Parfum/Fragrance, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Lecithin, Sodium PCA, Tapioca Starch, Dehydroacetic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Linalool, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Morus Alba Root Extract, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Geraniol, Eugenol, Tocopherol, BHT

on 4/6/2009 6:37:00 AM

Hey guys =p
I love this product.
I have just started on it for week.
In the beginning, i had to be really religious about it for a few days. and now? It's just fantastic. My nails stopped chipping and my cuticles are soft and my palms are nice and smooth.

completely transformed the quality of my hands.

I had been having problems with nail chipping (due to lack of calcium and dry nails) even when I had been using hand cream (Cyber colours rose spf 15 and a few cheap stuff from SASA) all along for about 6months now.

well reason for my sudden obsession about finding a hand cream is because the maid was sent home six months back. And for the first time in my life since then I had to handwash my clothes myself and do chores etc haha =p

But mainly the main reason for the sudden deterioration of roughness and nail chipping of my hands is handwashing clothes.

can't use machine for the clothes I wear.

t-shirts and shorts are okay for machine. everything else i handwash.

I figured I should do something to help my hands.
I started on a daily intake of calcium pills (every woman, young or old should take calcium is something I learnt fairly recently after going for a bone density test), and went on the internet to search for a good hand and nail cream so as to multitask.and find out where to purchase at a good value. obviously it is not good enough if it's too cheap.

I tried the vaseline hand and nail cream years ago and know that i didn't care for it as i made no difference. I bought it on a cheap whim.

anyway, I got the clairins hand and nail treatment because it was for BOTH hands and nails =p, have got pretty high ratings in general and managed to find a good deal.

I'm happy to announce that my hands are no longer in trouble in only one week and my mum has also started on it and agreed it was doing her cracked and dry fingertips a good deal.

I dun like the smell but hey, if it works, i'm going to overlook the clairins french scent. technically this is actually i try to avoid brands like clairins that like having strange scents that do not consist of flowers and fruits., or just go frangrance free!

I dun really think the neutrogena Norwegian formula is really that fantastic. I did not like the waxy feel of it although it does heal but once it is washed off, the pain and roughness remains. and the completely fragrance free part is just weird for me. Well my tube of it is practically still full after six months since i barely like to use it, rather use the ones i got from SASA (I enjoyed the scent). Probably only going to use it on my feet.

take a whiff of the clairins hand and nail cream before purchase, you may not be as tolerant of the scent as I am.

But results?

Phenomenal and a big relief.

hope this helps.

on 4/6/2009 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice hand cream. I LOVE the scent, and it does a great job of moisturising, but it can feel like iIhave a film on my hands sometimes, so I don't think that I will repurchse. Definately worth trying tho.

Love it! Its very moisturising without ever being greasy. I like the smell but as others say it might be a bit overpowering for some. Ive put this on in the morning and by teatime my hands are still as soft as when I first put the cream on. Took off a lippie because its expensive but to be honest I dont mind paying it as its such a good product.Definetly recommend!

on 3/14/2009 7:09:00 PM

very good hand and nail cream. nice smell and it really works without leaving my hands greasy.

on 3/1/2009 3:30:00 PM

This is the best hand cream have ever used, i paid 15GBP in superdrug for this. It smells lovely, i like it, although i am aware other may not as it is very strong, it reminds me of the face creams my nan would use, very old fashioned type of smell. It is quite thick, goes on lovely and feels very luxurious. It is moisturising, but i would like to to be more so, but does a good job. Helps keep my cuticles nourished which is important as i wear acrylic extensions. Would repurchase.

on 2/11/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this cream as a gift with my makeup purchase -30ml \ 1.06 Oz- that's why I don't know how much it costs, but that doesn't matter because I will never but this cream or even finish that tube I have, I'll list for you the reasons:

1-Scent: Old hand creams : ) smells like the hand cream my grandmother used to put, at least here in Kuwait. The smell doesn't bother me at all because it's bit nostalgic but definitely it's a STRONG SCENT that you need to like because it will stick to your hands.
2-Texture: Non greasy, easy absorbed in your skin.
3-Moisturizing: NO, NONE, NULL it didnít make my hands soft or moisturized at all!!! It's like I had no hand cream at all, you can get better results with vegetable oil.

For that reason I will never buy or even use this cream again, what's the use of a hand cream if it doesn't moisturize your hands?!!!!!!

on 11/24/2008 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

GREAT hand cream, a bit pricey, i am so picky with hand cream, face it, hands aged faster than any other parts of the body and sometimes faster than our face which is my case.

The cream has the perfect consistency and sinks right into the skin, it works very well and not greasy, not a big fan of the smell though but its not so bad. I need to reapply a few times more often than usual but at least its not greasy and leaves marks on surfaces as much.

they have taken out the parabens ingredients recently. very happppy . will buy from again now.

on 11/14/2008 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, overall this is a very nice hand/nail cream. The reason why I have it 4 lippies and not more less:

pros: hydrating, softening, non-greasy, feels great

cons: $$$, too much fragrance, mine came with a screw cap, not a fliptop.

I got this as part of a holiday set with the lip balm. The lip balm is nice, softening, a moisture replenishing treatment, howver it also has a strong fragrance and is expensive.

on 11/8/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the very best ~deeply moisturizing with olive and sesame oils as well as shea butter. It really seems to sink into my skin instead of just sitting on the surface. No greasy or waxy feel. I love how my hands stay hydrated even after two or three washings. Some extra/unusual benefits: Japanese mulberry extract to brighten skin, Condurango tree bark extract to prevent sweaty palms, Myrrhe for nail and cuticle strengthening/repairing as well as aromatherapeutic fragrance. I love this product, and I stock up on it especially during the Holidays when Clarins has a double value set of it available.

on 11/4/2008 11:24:00 PM

By far the best hand cream I ever used. Deeply moisterizing with a light texture this cream manages to sink in to your hands and retain the moisture without leaving your hands feeling greasy. It is a little on the pricey side however for the price you are paying the quality you get is worth it. It is also a nail treatment cream which is a nice added benefit - I would buy this over and over again.

Top Rated Clarins Products