Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

4.5

INGREDIENTS: Talc, silica, zinc stearate, cornstarch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, tricaprylin, isopropyl palmitate, lanolin oil, tocopherol, lanolin alcohol, ascoryl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, barium sulfate, methylparaben, propylparaben

Very pretty bronzer that I just don't reach for. It creates a nice glow and tan. I use it usually to highlight my cheekbones. It looks really nice with a little bit of gold sparkle. This is probably the most natural bronzer you'll ever find.

on 5/7/2007 12:22:00 AM

I have this in Light and I bought this with the Bronzer Brush. I'm East Asian and my skin looks golden with yellow undertones and I have chocolate brown hair.

In the Bobbi Brown shop, this Light powder looks golden under the amber lighting; at home, under fluorescent lights, it appears to be light bronze and in daylight, it looks like a mild tan. I've found the perfect bronzer for my skin! It's expensive so although I use it often, I use the brush to pick it up sparingly.

Because of its golden hue, it accentuates my high cheekbones and my face structure looks less flat (I use it alone sometimes without pink-toned blushers). It looks great with conservative daytime makeup (matte/ creamy shades of yellows, beiges, neutrals and browns) and super with evening looks (shimmery shades of gold, champagne, bronze and copper). Asian eyes supposedly don't go well with yellow shades but with this bronzer, I experimented with this unusual combination and it turned out nice.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this looks like dirt on my face. It's just TOO matte. I understand the matte concept and shimmery bronzer looks awful on me, but I wish BB had something in between with just a hint of shimmer because the actual colors themselves are great.

on 5/3/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very boring but very safe bronzer. if youre scared about bronzers then buy this. i stopped buying it because it was time to be a bit more daring and sparkly.

on 4/19/2007 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most flattering and natural-looking bronzer I have ever used. I am a big stay-out-of-the-sun person, and this bronzer comes so very close to the glow that nature can give me, without the obvious sun damage. I still apply it with my very ancient Bobbi Brown bronzing brush, and I can use a light touch of the bronzer, or a heavier hand with it, depending on the look I'm stiving for.

I was going to write a review in the section for the Bronzing Powder in the Natural shade, but since I have used both that and the Light shade, I thought this was the more appropriate place to rave about both shades. As of this writing, I only own the "Natural" and love it, all year round. And I still after all this time of owning both shades off and on, can't truly make a final decision on which of the 2 is my favorite, so my next mission should be to acquire this bronzer in Light for a truly "scientific test" comparison. I gave the packaging a 4 because I worry too much that the hinge will break on this type of compact. Not super sturdy.

3/28/08 update: Acquired the Light bronzer, and it's fabulous for me, so I gave away in a swap the Natural one.

on 4/7/2007 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The best natural looking bronzer on the market IMO! I have this in natural and along with blush and self tanner it looks amazing. No shimmer, no fake orange tan, just a great looking bronze.

on 12/17/2006 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great bronzer for a DDD. Most matte bronzers don't show up on me, NC50/Warm Walnut. But this is great product. I have both Dark and Deep. Deep is cooler and Dark is warmer. I love Dark with BB Honey lipgloss for a quick summer look. I can't believe it took me so long to buy these! But I will repurchase again and again if I have too.

on 12/11/2006 4:49:00 PM

Whoa!! This is some good stuff. It's like chronic for your face. You can hit it every day, but you don't want to overdo it. I would recommend this product to all guys and gals out there who want to look like they just stepped off the plane from a safari in the Motherland.

on 12/6/2006 2:35:00 PM

I decided to try this bronzer because my sister convinced me to buy it. It looks a little too orange for my taste and I really prefer a bronzer that has a little shimer that shows a more natural tan. I am staying loyal to the Steiner California Glow. It has the perfect sun touch that goes perfect on any skin type and color.

on 8/9/2006 10:50:00 PM

I tried this product in the Natural shade after I found it in my very fair-skinned cousin's makeup bag. I figured if it worked on her it would work on my fair but tanned skin also...and I was right. It's perfect for those of us who are fair but not porcelain. I use it now in the summer but feel confident it will also work when I have less of a tan. It also doesn't contain shimmer so it looks very natural used all over. I top it off with a ShimmerBrick in the areas I want to highlight and it looks great. I've tried several bronzers with dissapointing results but this product certainly stands out.