October 26, 2014 | 1037 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have product for anyone who's into makeup. I am usually a no-powder person because I don't like them that much and honestly, I don't really know good techniques of applying it. But, when i do get the application right this powder does work wonders! I mainly use it when I wear tinted moisturizer in the winter time or to set concealer. I also don't apply it with a big brush and dust it all over my face, but rather take a small, very soft blush brush and go over the spots I need powder on, otherwise, I would cake up and look too made up...a look I dont like. Now, here's the kicker for me about this product: It has lasted me over 4 years! A little goes a long way and the amount you get is very generous to begin with! Def. will repurchase (if I ever run out!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this powder for a while. The shade selection was pretty darn good. I got it in NC 15 and it showed up tranluscent on my pale golden toned skin. It gave me a natural, not-cakey finish, and kept any oilyness away for most of the day (unlike Studio Fix). However, I'm pretty sure this was clogging my pores. Also, loose powders in general don't exactly have travel friendly packaging, so touchups were out of question.
For those complaining about the coverage, this powder is meant to simply set your liquid or cream foundation, mattify your skin, or slightly adjust your foundation tone, not conceal anything.
And what about the amount you get for the price? It's just not worth it. Although it worked like a charm, there are more inexpensive just-as-good alternatives on the market. I probably used up a jar within a month or two. I don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ondpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UGH. Don't buy this. It's totally worthless. It took me FOREVER to find the right shade since I thought the shade the lady chose for me was too orange. When I got home, the shade I picked out was too orange too. This stuff is so usless. There's no coverage, it's SO sheer you can't do anything with it. It's not even the quality of a drug store brand. It didn't make me break out or anything, it's just USELESS. Waste of money... sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Surreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The coverage is good enough but it's a bit too light for my liking. I like the natural look I get when I use this loose powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid foundation.SA told me these are way lighter than the SFF shades so she picked shade NC30 in this powder. But if you ask me it wouldn't be a mistake if I had bought NC25 as well because this powder goes really sheer just like the name implies, so it doesn't make much of a difference on your face other than evening out the skin tone and mattifying the shiny parts.The sad thing is that it doesn't stay much.It just disappears within a couple of hours.And I have dry skin! Using a pressed powder is always a better idea.Loose powders are too messy for my taste and I also hate how half of the product came out of the sifter and make the application more messy and difficult for me.I'll finish my jar but won't repurchase this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by MrStuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just OK for me. It leaves a powdery finish that I'm not crazy about and it doesn't absorb oil all that well. It comes in a wide range of colors which is great but I don't think it's preferable to blot powder in any regard. People with less oily skin than me might feel differently. I'm sure that it's somebody's HG loose powder but that person is not me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Likes: This stuff is silky and so finely milled. It applies effortlessly and contols the little oil that I have. Dislikes: You get so little in the package, the colors are hard to get a perfect match with me and it accentuates fine lines.

I like LM's Ivory better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by amy_forster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as I felt that I was going through pressed powder wayyyyy to fast and having a pressed to touch up and a loose at home would be better. How right I was! The loose powder is great to have at home and gives a much better finish than using pressed like I was before. I just use pressed blot to touch it up.

It was recommended to use NC15 on top of my NW15-20 foundation and it works great! I even use it on a bare face when I'm having a no foundation day, which is most days, and it still gives a great finish! It even hides some of the redness in my cheeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really impressed with this (particularly in conjunction with Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. Great glowy look, minimal shine. (I am super oily, but also prone to dehydration, and this evens out both issues). The MUA suggested using NC20 SSLP on top of my NW20 foundation to prevent too much flatness. I am happy with this combination, and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by doggy

Really like this powder. It set's my foundation & concealer perfectly & does not look powdery or cakey. I use a velour powder puff & press it into my skin over liquid or cream foundation. If I'm just wearing concealer I use a powder brush. The MA told me that because this powder is loose, to go a little lighter than I normally would because it lays on darker. For example I'm an NC20 in Studio Tech, she recommended NC15 in this powder & it looks great together,just right. I really hate how regular translucent powders can look chalky & unnatural, not this one, because it's got some color in it. Price was not too high around $20.00, considering I'm willing to pay a lot when it comes to good foundation & powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No