October 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by IrresistibleCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This body butter is so great. It really makes me so soft. I think this smells great. Im on my third jar. Will keep repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I love the smell of this. It is a nice moisturiser, just a shame the price keeps going up! Especially as it doesn't last that long either.

Don't buy these all the time due to price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to buy TBS cocoa butter lotion all the time. It was a great moisturizer, left my skin feeling soft and nicely moisturized w/out any heaviness or a sticky feeling. The smell was wonderful. The price a bit steep for the size of the bottle. I stopped using it for a bit due to the price and the fact that I moved and the nearest body shop was 2 hrs away now! When I received an email for a buy one get one free from the body shop on line and free shipping, I decided to purchase the cocoa butter lotion again. Boy was I dissapointed! It wasn't the same lotion I had used so many times before. I called TBS and asked if they changed something about the cocoa butter and the rep said that they did..the fragrance! Yuk! Sorry but it does NOT smell like the old cocoa butter that had a yummy fragrance that I loved. I will stick to my cheap Palmer's that actually does a great job for a great price and it's easy to find in any store!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sayesha

This is my HG Body Butter....the smell is soo earthy and a great moisturizer for the feet and hands. Even my husband uses it. Its YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't really know what to say. I HATE to give things bad reviews, I really feel like spoiling, but this just.. wasn't anything special.
This is the first of BSs body butters I've tried, well actually it's the first body butter I've tried, but if they're all like this, I don't know if it's for me. The smell is lovely, although I like Pink Grapefruit more. When I first rubbed this into my skin, I was amazed of HOW MUCH I HAD TO USE. It was so utterly un-economical that after one week of use, my 75 ml jar was empty. I had to use so much to cover my skin, and no I am not extremely fat... Just extremely dry. When I was finished, I felt greasy but moisturized. When I woke up next morning, however, I felt just as I did before I used my new body butter. Which means, dry and itchy.
I have to try something else, but I keep the tub for smelling.. It's delicious!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This is a great body butter-the smell is fantastic and it moisturises really well. However, I think Palmer's cocoa butter is just as good and is much cheaper.

EDIT: October 2008-I think they're changed the scent, it doesn't smell chocolatey like it used too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell and the texture of this body butter and unlike some other body butters, this one does not leave a sticky film on my skin. However, for my dry areas on my body, like my legs and elbows, I find that this cocoa butter isnt as moisturising and the dry patches just seem to be as dry as it were before. I think even using this in the summer will be fine for me. However, with the price tag, I dont think I will be repurhcasing this as I've read that Palmers is just as good, if not better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by JellyBean_Baby

I was a bit unsure of this product at first because body butters are too thick for my skin and i found the blueberry body butter from The Body Shop left a sticky film on my skin. However the cocoa butter smelled lovely and was easily absorbed into my skin, especially good for dry areas like the elbows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by eiviz

One of my fav bodybutters. Other bodybutters from TBS have too strong scent, but this one doesn't. It smells creamy and moderately sweet. And makes my skin perfectly smooth :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by xbobalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love The Body Shops body butters ... all of them make my skin feel sooo soft and healthy. BUT, I had bought this because the Sales Assc. recommended it since they were sold out of the Cocoa Butter Sticks. I used this for the purpose of preventing anymore stretchmarks to grow on my side, and it didn't work! The one at Walgreens, (I forget what the brand was called but its specifically made for stretchmarks) that was just $5 worked better than this. I wouldn't use this as my main body butter just for smooth skin because my boyfriend doesn't like the smell of cocoa butter.. so I use other scents. =P