December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear - ALL SHADES

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooo torn over this product..

What I love:

This gloss has fantastic texture- smooth and completely non sticky. It has good lasting power on me, even if I don't use a long wearing lipliner underneath. It also never dries out my lips.

Oh, I also love the sweet coconut/cake batter like scent. It's subtle and not overpowering. It makes applying this to my lips a pleasure.

The price is great too. It's normally about $8 Canadian a tube but goes on sale often for as litle as $3. Gotta love Avon and their constant discounts.

What I don't love:

The shade selection. Most of the colours are too cool toned for all, too dark, too sheer or much too light and opaque. There are no good YLBB neutral shades, wearable browns or peach/coral colours. This aspect really needs to be revamped IMO.

Here is the currest list of shades:

Clear- Just that...

Brown Sugar- Medium/dark warm, bronzey brown with shimmer

Tickled Pink- Light peachy/fleshtone pink with soft shimmer

Darling Pink- Light, pale mauvey pink with soft gold shimmer

Iced Pink- Very pale, sheer, cool toned pink with shimmer.

Chic Mauve- Medium purplish pink. ** very cool toned

Berry Cool- Medium rosey plum with soft shimmer

Rosebud- Medium/dark warm red with a orange tone. Soft shimmer.

Real Red- Medium/dark, true blue toned red. .

Raisin Glaze-Medium/dark bronzey plum with shimmer.

Chocolate Fling-medium taupe brown with gold shimmer.

Crimson-Dark plum with a hint of red.

Dazzling Diamond- Clear with silver glitter/sparkles.

Mirage- Light, sheer gold with sparkle.

Dynamo-Sheer pink with multicoloured sparkle.

Rave- Sheer pink with subtle sparkle.

If the shade selection were better this would be one of my favourite lip glosses. The quality of the product of the price is wonderful. I do recommend trying it if you can find a shade that you like.

What's in it? Here you are, straight from the Avon website.

INGREDIENTS:

RED 21
BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Sky035

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What a bust! The swatches do not match the acutal colours, the packaging quality is poor, and the gloss has a sweet smell that is just awful. I bought quite a few of the glosses on sale, but will return every last one. You get what you pay for in life. I will stick to department store brands moving forward. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well MUA I am not a fan of Avon Glazewear. I used to buy them years ago before I started using MAC. I was attracted to the cheap price even though I was buying an inferior product. The glosses look nice and pretty in the advertisement, but they just don't live up to the hype. The product is very sticky and not pigmented well at all. I also found that they do not apply well using the applicator. You need to pack on half the product for the color to show up on your lips. The same stands true for the product since they have changed the packaging too. Ladies, buy something else. I've had ds brands perform better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by grapesandcherries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros: many color choices, not expensive, doefoot apllicator, barely there shine
cons: slightly sticky, goopy, hard to get out of the tube when you have not a lot left, the shine is not very wet as seen in many of the avon brochure photos

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Piratekitty1

The colour shows up well, and it was pretty, I think it was called rose. However it doens't last as long but its ok as I only brought it for 2.50. Would love to try other colours too:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by flirty

I first tried these from a mini tube I ordered for 0.99. Then I ordered a few full sizes tubes when they were on sale for $1.99! My favorite color is Darling Pink. It doesn't look over the top. It feels smooth, creamy and looks shiny but just subtley. Not super wet-looking gloss! It doesn't feel sticky or goopy at all. They have a light vanilla flavor but nothing overbearing and strong. (I usually hate scented lip products) Highly recommend. This is my favorite Avon product I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by 10amald3

These lip glosses were super inexpensive for me, because i got them when Avon was having a sale. They glide on nicely, super soft and creamy some are. They don't have that much staying power but that doesn't phase me. The colors i chose i didn't really like but you shouldn't take that into consideration since you might like the color, one of the one's i got was to glittery but over all they are just like normal lip glosses. They have like a choclatey smell to them which is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by luv2buymakeup

I love Glazewear. 1) I'm able to fing several neutral colors for everyday wear. 2) It's not overly sticky. 3) It's not high shine glossy. I can't stand super shiny lips at the office - tacky! Just a nice dewy look. 3) It's a gloss but I get nice color also. 4) They smell really nice. 5) They're always on sale. I just picked up some more at 2 for $5.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by rigits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a HUGE fan of lip stains so I bought this in clear to go over them... amazing! It gives just the right amount of glossy sheen without looking trashy! The smell is nice but this gloss lasts longer than any other silky gloss I have tried. The tacky ones last longer but my hair would get suck in them... Yuck! They are always on sale!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember the name of the colour that I puchased this in but it was sort of burgandy. It was a pretty colour, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. I really don't care for it at all. It's wet like a lipgloss, yet it doesn't feel moisturizing. I almost feel like I need something on top of it (or underneath it) to keep my lips feeling more comfortable. I guess that's because it's not really a gloss, but a liquified lipstick. It's also very hard to apply evenly and only wants to adhere to the outer edges of my lips (where there's no moisture). In the moister areas (around the middle areas of my lips), it doesn't want to apply, and when it finally does, it just slides off. This stuff doesn't stay on for more than a few minutes before it's sliding and smearing all over the place, and then it looks horrible because it's such an opaque, obvious colour. Opaque colours should be reserved for drier lipsticks or long-lasting lipcolours that won't smudge around or come off right away and look like a total mess. I threw this in my makeup case of stuff I'll probably never use again, where it'll probably sit until I find it in there again one day and throw it away because it's too old. I will not repurchase.