Avon Glazewear (all)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.
This product has been reformulated under the new name: Ultra Glazwear

on 6/6/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Peach Fizz and Coral Heat. Peach Fizz is a lovely peachy/apricot w/shimmer and a little bit of pearl. Coral Heat looks like a reddish coral w/iridescent glitter, but looks nearly sheer on lips.

PROS: Very inexpensive--frequently on sale for $1.99! Moisturizes okay. I personally like the slight coconutty-cake-ish scent, which fades fairly quickly.

CONS: Not very much shine--especially with a name like "Glazewear," you'd expect a LOT more shine. Not very much pigmentation, especially Coral Beat (the Peach Fizz mini has a little pearlescence that shows up). The wand does not pick up very much product, so it's a lot of effort to get even just a little product on your lips. So so lasting power.

Overall, a so-so product. Get it on sale if you want a really subtle look for your lips. But you can probably find better at the drugstore, or another better Avon/mark product (the mark Juice Gems are glossy and have more color, and are $6--I love them!).

on 6/6/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am sooo torn over this product..

What I love:

This gloss has fantastic texture- smooth and completely non sticky. It has good lasting power on me, even if I don't use a long wearing lipliner underneath. It also never dries out my lips.

Oh, I also love the sweet coconut/cake batter like scent. It's subtle and not overpowering. It makes applying this to my lips a pleasure.

The price is great too. It's normally about $8 Canadian a tube but goes on sale often for as litle as $3. Gotta love Avon and their constant discounts.

What I don't love:

The shade selection. Most of the colours are too cool toned for all, too dark, too sheer or much too light and opaque. There are no good YLBB neutral shades, wearable browns or peach/coral colours. This aspect really needs to be revamped IMO.

Here is the currest list of shades:

Clear- Just that...

Brown Sugar- Medium/dark warm, bronzey brown with shimmer

Tickled Pink- Light peachy/fleshtone pink with soft shimmer

Darling Pink- Light, pale mauvey pink with soft gold shimmer

Iced Pink- Very pale, sheer, cool toned pink with shimmer.

Chic Mauve- Medium purplish pink. ** very cool toned

Berry Cool- Medium rosey plum with soft shimmer

Rosebud- Medium/dark warm red with a orange tone. Soft shimmer.

Real Red- Medium/dark, true blue toned red. .

Raisin Glaze-Medium/dark bronzey plum with shimmer.

Chocolate Fling-medium taupe brown with gold shimmer.

Crimson-Dark plum with a hint of red.

Dazzling Diamond- Clear with silver glitter/sparkles.

Mirage- Light, sheer gold with sparkle.

Dynamo-Sheer pink with multicoloured sparkle.

Rave- Sheer pink with subtle sparkle.

If the shade selection were better this would be one of my favourite lip glosses. The quality of the product of the price is wonderful. I do recommend trying it if you can find a shade that you like.

What's in it? Here you are, straight from the Avon website.

INGREDIENTS:

BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 5/28/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What a bust! The swatches do not match the acutal colours, the packaging quality is poor, and the gloss has a sweet smell that is just awful. I bought quite a few of the glosses on sale, but will return every last one. You get what you pay for in life. I will stick to department store brands moving forward. Will not repurchase.

on 5/27/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Well MUA I am not a fan of Avon Glazewear. I used to buy them years ago before I started using MAC. I was attracted to the cheap price even though I was buying an inferior product. The glosses look nice and pretty in the advertisement, but they just don't live up to the hype. The product is very sticky and not pigmented well at all. I also found that they do not apply well using the applicator. You need to pack on half the product for the color to show up on your lips. The same stands true for the product since they have changed the packaging too. Ladies, buy something else. I've had ds brands perform better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

pros: many color choices, not expensive, doefoot apllicator, barely there shine
cons: slightly sticky, goopy, hard to get out of the tube when you have not a lot left, the shine is not very wet as seen in many of the avon brochure photos

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The colour shows up well, and it was pretty, I think it was called rose. However it doens't last as long but its ok as I only brought it for 2.50. Would love to try other colours too:)

on 3/30/2009 1:41:00 AM

I first tried these from a mini tube I ordered for 0.99. Then I ordered a few full sizes tubes when they were on sale for $1.99! My favorite color is Darling Pink. It doesn't look over the top. It feels smooth, creamy and looks shiny but just subtley. Not super wet-looking gloss! It doesn't feel sticky or goopy at all. They have a light vanilla flavor but nothing overbearing and strong. (I usually hate scented lip products) Highly recommend. This is my favorite Avon product I've tried.

on 3/28/2009 8:26:00 PM

These lip glosses were super inexpensive for me, because i got them when Avon was having a sale. They glide on nicely, super soft and creamy some are. They don't have that much staying power but that doesn't phase me. The colors i chose i didn't really like but you shouldn't take that into consideration since you might like the color, one of the one's i got was to glittery but over all they are just like normal lip glosses. They have like a choclatey smell to them which is a plus!

I love Glazewear. 1) I'm able to fing several neutral colors for everyday wear. 2) It's not overly sticky. 3) It's not high shine glossy. I can't stand super shiny lips at the office - tacky! Just a nice dewy look. 3) It's a gloss but I get nice color also. 4) They smell really nice. 5) They're always on sale. I just picked up some more at 2 for $5.99.

on 3/3/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a HUGE fan of lip stains so I bought this in clear to go over them... amazing! It gives just the right amount of glossy sheen without looking trashy! The smell is nice but this gloss lasts longer than any other silky gloss I have tried. The tacky ones last longer but my hair would get suck in them... Yuck! They are always on sale!

Recommended for Medium Skin