October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear - ALL SHADES

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Sky035

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What a bust! The swatches do not match the acutal colours, the packaging quality is poor, and the gloss has a sweet smell that is just awful. I bought quite a few of the glosses on sale, but will return every last one. You get what you pay for in life. I will stick to department store brands moving forward. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well MUA I am not a fan of Avon Glazewear. I used to buy them years ago before I started using MAC. I was attracted to the cheap price even though I was buying an inferior product. The glosses look nice and pretty in the advertisement, but they just don't live up to the hype. The product is very sticky and not pigmented well at all. I also found that they do not apply well using the applicator. You need to pack on half the product for the color to show up on your lips. The same stands true for the product since they have changed the packaging too. Ladies, buy something else. I've had ds brands perform better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by grapesandcherries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros: many color choices, not expensive, doefoot apllicator, barely there shine
cons: slightly sticky, goopy, hard to get out of the tube when you have not a lot left, the shine is not very wet as seen in many of the avon brochure photos

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Piratekitty1

The colour shows up well, and it was pretty, I think it was called rose. However it doens't last as long but its ok as I only brought it for 2.50. Would love to try other colours too:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by flirty

I first tried these from a mini tube I ordered for 0.99. Then I ordered a few full sizes tubes when they were on sale for $1.99! My favorite color is Darling Pink. It doesn't look over the top. It feels smooth, creamy and looks shiny but just subtley. Not super wet-looking gloss! It doesn't feel sticky or goopy at all. They have a light vanilla flavor but nothing overbearing and strong. (I usually hate scented lip products) Highly recommend. This is my favorite Avon product I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by 10amald3

These lip glosses were super inexpensive for me, because i got them when Avon was having a sale. They glide on nicely, super soft and creamy some are. They don't have that much staying power but that doesn't phase me. The colors i chose i didn't really like but you shouldn't take that into consideration since you might like the color, one of the one's i got was to glittery but over all they are just like normal lip glosses. They have like a choclatey smell to them which is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by luv2buymakeup

I love Glazewear. 1) I'm able to fing several neutral colors for everyday wear. 2) It's not overly sticky. 3) It's not high shine glossy. I can't stand super shiny lips at the office - tacky! Just a nice dewy look. 3) It's a gloss but I get nice color also. 4) They smell really nice. 5) They're always on sale. I just picked up some more at 2 for $5.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by rigits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a HUGE fan of lip stains so I bought this in clear to go over them... amazing! It gives just the right amount of glossy sheen without looking trashy! The smell is nice but this gloss lasts longer than any other silky gloss I have tried. The tacky ones last longer but my hair would get suck in them... Yuck! They are always on sale!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember the name of the colour that I puchased this in but it was sort of burgandy. It was a pretty colour, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. I really don't care for it at all. It's wet like a lipgloss, yet it doesn't feel moisturizing. I almost feel like I need something on top of it (or underneath it) to keep my lips feeling more comfortable. I guess that's because it's not really a gloss, but a liquified lipstick. It's also very hard to apply evenly and only wants to adhere to the outer edges of my lips (where there's no moisture). In the moister areas (around the middle areas of my lips), it doesn't want to apply, and when it finally does, it just slides off. This stuff doesn't stay on for more than a few minutes before it's sliding and smearing all over the place, and then it looks horrible because it's such an opaque, obvious colour. Opaque colours should be reserved for drier lipsticks or long-lasting lipcolours that won't smudge around or come off right away and look like a total mess. I threw this in my makeup case of stuff I'll probably never use again, where it'll probably sit until I find it in there again one day and throw it away because it's too old. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by liiv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I've never really been sold on liquid lipcolor, Glazewear has totally changed the way I see this format. Though marketed as a lipgloss in the adverts, it's essentially lipstick in "liquid" form. The finish is dewy but not glossy. Having used considerably more expensive liquids like MAC & Dior, who would've expected Avon to make a superior product ... and sometimes for as cheap as $1.99! My favourite shade is Raisin Glaze which is a sexy, dramatic bronze-red. I also like Rave & Dynamo for shimmery pinks. Great coverage & comfortable wear. I found it much less tacky (sticky) than the MAC Lipglass.