September 16, 2014 | 1475 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lovesmacandchanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty Please is the ultimate pale, 1960ís mod era lipstick. It reminds me of a shade you would wear if you were Twiggy or Penelope Tree in swinging London. This lipstick made me feel like I looked dated and if the "vintage" look isnít your thing, then I would recommend not wearing it by itself. Pretty Please didnít work on me. It actually looks like a light violet shade on my lips. I think this shade works best when you use at as a highlighter over another MAC lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sampled this a few yrs a go but never bought it as i'd bought too many others.
I took back my dazzle glasses and bought this and creme d nude,saint germain.
I love love love it..its better than gloss anyday and makes my pout pouty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by emememem

comes off pretty whitish with a slight sparkle wasn't sure about it at first but after applying a chapstick on top of it it blended out nicely and is a beautiful nudish color would re-purchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

Super pale frost is almost too pale. I use this mid-lower-lip for highlight and it really fills out the lip to give it that amazing pouty look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty Please is such a gorgeous Sheer Pale Pink Shade with a Frosty Lustre Finish. Absolutely lovely! I Wear it alone with my NARS Tonga Lip liner or you can use Myth first to blank out your lips and then top it off with Pretty Please and you've got an instantly full and sexy pout! Sadly I was told at my MAC Counter that they are discontinuing Pretty Please! So I had to purchase a back-up until I find another lipstick that is similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im very fair and I love love love nude lips! I always do a heavier eye with nude lips so Im out to try out all the mac nudie colors. This is the second one Ive purchased Myth being the first which I love. The finish is a lustre which I wasnt sure on but I went with it anyways. I purchase my MAC online, its easier since the store is a three hour drive from here the major downfall to that is you cant REALLY know exactly what your getting and you cant test it out. I want to try all the finishes though and I have to say Lustre is not one of my favorites. The pink is gorgeous I love the light pink color but it highlights all the dry places on my lips and it looks bad. I guess thats the lustre part of it, if this color were a satin I think it might be better. Its a pretty color though Im going to try and keep my lips very moisturized when I wear it but I dont like it enough to buy it again. SO far Im loving the satin, hating the lustre. *EDIT* Ok I had to come back and edit this one. After using this lipstick for a few more days Im totally in love. I think its awesome, I have came around and I actually like the lustre finish a lot! I really really like the glossy feel it has to it. Ive even been using it more than my Myth lipstick which was my original favorite. So yeah its not that bad, Im loving it more and more!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

I bought this lipstick yesterday and tried it today and I really like it. I have a lot of light pink lipstick colors, but this one is probably the best. I paired it with some chapstick as a base and the color was really nice. Not to overly seen but not so pale that you can't even tell what I'm wearing. I will by far be buying this one again, hands down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is too frosted pink for my complexion (dark olive). Kinda reminds me of a barbie doll pink. Does not look flattering on me. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love the color of this shade in the tube. I would describe the color like a marshmellow ultra-light pink, which is a really hard to find shade in a lipstick. I always wear these marshmellow shades in lip glosses for my medium tanned skin (NC35). However, it is not glossy enough and does not have enough shimmer which makes me look washed out and pale when I wear it. Therefore, I always layer lipgloss over it.

I agree with others that it highlights all the dried spots on my lips and also feels dry. I will finish the tube but I will not repurchase after it is done.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

This looked like the perfect nude lip colour in the tube, but because its a lustre, is applies sheer, and on my fairly pigmented lips it looks funny when you can see the parts of red from my natural lip colour.. i just don't really care for this lipstick , i wanted to love it. I am starting to dislike lustre lipsticks :(