MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

Talc, Octyldodecyl lactate, Silica, Nylon-12, Isononyl isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Lecithin, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Zein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium sorbate, [ /- Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, Carmine, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6 Lake, red 7 Lake, read 30 Lake, yellow 5 Lake, ultra marines] (as of 7/2015)

on 11/29/2010 9:50:00 PM

Love this for touchups throughout the day (:

on 11/28/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is one of the first products I've ever gotten from Mac. I use this over my select foundation and it's very nice together. This powder is very sheer and doesn't make your face look cakey. It gives you a nice matte finish. I don't know why there's so many bad reviews about this product but I like it. It's weird because I've only hear bad things about Mac products and I just wanted to try something new and see what's all the hype and cons about Mac was... So far I like the product. I thought Mac products would be too heavy and would make my face feel gross but I kind of like their select foundation and press powder! I would recommend these products to everyone. (:

on 11/28/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

When a product is called Select Sheer, it's obviously not going to be opaque. So if you are looking for coverage, picked this up and were disappointed enough to give it a bad review, that's a little unfair. I mean, it's hardly the product's fault.
Select Sheer is sheer. It's great for touch-ups, to set concealer and as a powder for those who need only sheer coverage. It doesn't exaggerate fine lines or look crepey around the eyes as some powders tend to do. It's also decent with oil control, though it won't keep you matte all day.
I'm on my second pan and used to use it with the sponge that came with it, until I dropped the case and the compact powder cracked. It's now Select Sheer Loose Powder, which I use with a face brush. It works just as well.
Tip: The case comes with a a clear plastic shield that separates the sponge from the product. Don't throw it away. It keeps the oils that your sponge absorbs from your face from getting into the product and cracking it up.

on 11/1/2010 8:12:00 PM

I use this over my studio fix foundation.
Very matte and i never get oily when wearing this powder.
Will def repurchase!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC powder, I bought this because I was looking for a something to set my foundation with. True to it's name, it IS actually really sheer. I got this 2 tones darker than my skin (I use Chanel Mat Lumiere in 40) - totally SA's fault!! When used with the puff, I HATED it. It was too dark, too orange, too much. Yuck. I wanted to make this work, so I grabbed my brush, dab dab, brush on my face, and it gives a really smooth finish without disrupting the colour of my foundation. And for that, love this powder, HATE the puff that comes with it. I got a compliment from my bestfriend that my skin looks so smooth the first day I brushed this all over my skin, so yay for this powder. I'm giving it 4 lippies because of the puff, also because it doesnt do an excellent job for oil control.

on 10/28/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When they say this is sheer, they're not kidding. This powder is meant only for sheer coverage, light oil control, or as a setting powder. I personally use it to set my Pro Longwear foundation and for that I personally feel that it's worth the $22 price tag. I'm an NC50 in my Pro Longwear and I picked this up in NC55 because it was a choice between NC45 or NC55 (why MAC doesn't make this in NC50 is beyond me). In pics, it doesn't give me that wierd gray cast that some powders can give us brown girls which is a huge plus!

on 10/16/2010 8:40:00 AM

My first review!
Well anyway, i bought this powder on a whim cos i wanted a new powder. I kind of regretted it now cos there's not much coverage and the powder don't really lasts on me. The color also a bit off..SA's fault..I now throw it in my bag as a touch-up and mirror compact..

on 10/8/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is AWESOME. I use this in NC25 and I mostly use it as a highlighting powder. What do I mean by this? Well, I start off with my NC30 loose powder, and then I finish it off with pressed powder in my NC25. It's a shade lighter, which I absolutely love, because it gives me a warm mattey look. The lighter shade is awesome to just make my face a bit more even. You're probably wondering how two different shades can make me look more even..Right? Well for me it does. I just put my loose powder everywhere, and then I finish off with the pressed powder on top of that. It doesn't look cakey or too powdery. It's really nice, silky, and smooth. I don't press it on with the pressed powder. I just take my kabuki brush and swish back and forth the color on my face, like a finishing color. I can't live without this product.

on 10/2/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I just hit pan so obviously I love this stuff!! I bought this in NC30 which is funny...I'm NC40 skintone, but for some reason its okay? What I absolutely love about this powder is that it's finely milled, doesn't look cakey, it's more like a soft focus. It blends my makeup perfectly and covers pores! I'm in love!

on 9/9/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are looking for coverage, this is not going to give you much. I use this in combination with my Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I am NC 30 and I use Studio Fix in C4. I use Select in NC45 to create a matte bronzed and healthy look. I love this powder because it keeps my face looking fresh for hours. Also, it does not cause acne or any irritation to my skin unlike other powders in the market.