April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by woaifobs

I really wanted to like this convenient compact. But, the powder just goes on too cakey and obvious. Like the previous reviewer after a few hours the cakiness does seem to go away but that's not something I can tolerate on my face. Also, the color acts a bit weird. Can look orange and darker in some lighting environments and fine in other ones.

There are definitely better powders out there for the price. The applicator that comes with the compact gives a horrible effect. If you must use, definitely use a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:44:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

One of my favorite pressed powders and I love how finely-milled it is. I use it on top of my liquid foundation (which I toggle between Revlon Colorstay, MUFE HD and MAC Studio Fix) and despite that, I can barely feel the powder there. It can look slightly cakey but after a few hours, it'll just fade into your skin and it's barely there. I feel that using a velour puff to pat in the powder into the pores provides better coverage but overall, a lovely lightweight powder!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder was light weight and softened my acne scars when I just wore it alone (without concealing them) but it wasn't too great at keeping the shine at bay. It also caused me to break out, so I definitely won't purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. This is a good everyday powder but it's nothing special. I feel a bit bad buying this because the L'oreal True Match powder is much better and less expensive..oh well.. I feel the shade selection is bad because I have the lightest shade and it's a tad dark. This powder also tends to cake up on me and look blotchy, I feel it's very "dry" somehow and not that smooth...Hard to explain :P Well, the packaging in really nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

Love this product.. even looks good by itself without foundation underneath.

the only bad thing is the puff..i use a brush to give a nice air brushed finish :)

for soem reason the colour tends to darken over the day so go ahead and go one shade lighter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by qtrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It blends in nicely with my skin and I always use it.
I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder. I've been using it for years now and am amazed by how long it lasts me. I only have to re-touch about once per day, and I often get complimented on my complexion (no doubt due to this powder in combination with my concealer and MAC Studio Fix foundation. I've tried several other pressed powders, and find that I keep coming back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder is set out for what it's supposed to do. It's sheer in weight and lightly can be applied over your foundation without looking powdery or fake. I wear the lightest color and it really does the job of mattefying your face while not looking too orangey or being too obvious. It does also give me a little bit of color since I'm fair. The packaging is great too. It's not too messy and it has a puff that fits right inside the container that actually works. It's definitely worth using. It's just not that cheap so be aware when going in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by chula1591

I love this.. I use it for many different things..

I Have used it for setting my foundation in NC30 Which Is great because its very sheer.. But my favorite Use for this is for when i want that kim kardashian Under eye bright look! I bought it in NC15 And I sweep Under my eyes And Cheekbones And since its sheer it will give a natural highlight so it doesnt look at dramatic! I love it im on my second one .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It's good for making oil skin look a lot more matte. I think that it's a really nice product and isnt too powdery, and generally looks really nice and flawless. I would recommend not to use the free sponge, as it is pretty hard to blend with and I found that it caked it on a little bit. I found that the shade was perfect for my skin when applied with a brush, but with the sponge it was too thick and looked to dark/orange.