Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

Price: $

on 7/4/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is technically my first blush. Picked it up at Wal Mart for about $4. Although I wouldn't say it's a $4 wasted, it just didn't work for me.

PROS:
- Pigmentation (light sweep of the color is all you need)

CONS;
- Color: I thought this was the most peach/coral color compared to the other ones, but it's extremely pink! Beware :(
- Glitter: Packed with shimmers and glitters
- Price: This was on sale for $4, and I could've gotten something I liked better for the price.
- Packaging: Brush is just terrible, lid doesn't secure properly.
- Too powdery: a light shake, and all the powder gets everywhere

on 6/8/2010 3:52:00 PM

This is another great WnW product! I have been wearing this blush for a few years so when I talk about packaging, its the old version :) The color is very pretty. A nice mid-tone pink with shimmer. The shimmer is pretty subtle but I usually don't use a highlight with it as I think that is OTT. I think this shade would suit many skin tones and of course the price is faboosh!! I have seen this compared to Nars Orgasm, wouldn't say its a dupe IMO, but its a very nice shade to have in your collection. And for the price, you can't beat it. I think it blends very nicely and staying power is fantastic. Now that its summer, I don't have to use a light hand but when I am super pale def go easy with this. The packaging sucks and the brush it comes with is useless. The new version looks much more sturdy. The gray top feels like its going to pop off any second.

Def will continue to re-purchase, another great, affordable product from WnW!!

on 5/22/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first and only blush. You'd think I'd be so happy with my first blush, but no. It's OK but the glitter in it is way too noticeable for my taste.
I'm a fair-medium skin tone and it's just too pink for me. You have to apply this lightly or else it will look like you're packing on blush.
The packaging isn't the greatest because you lose some of the product in the outside ridges. I threw the brush away a long time ago so I can't comment on that. It lasts for a long time though.
If you're looking for a cheap blush, try it if you don't mind the sparkly cheeks.

on 5/11/2010 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What a fabulous blush! This is one of the most natural looking blushes I own. It truly makes me look like someone whispered something just a little naughty in my ear and made the lightest blush rise to my cheeks ;) A very natural light pinky-peach color that is shimmery in the pan, and on the cheeks, but you have to look really closely to actually see the shimmer once it's applied. Mostly it just makes the skin look kind of "glowy" The pigmentation is great- I actually applied too much the first time I tried it and I didn't actually put on all that much. The pigmentation, plus the amount of product in the pan (quite a bit for the price), and the ridiculously low price ($3! And WetNWild often has BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off sales) make this blush a winner on all fronts. This is a new staple for me. Love!

on 5/10/2010 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I would probably have never even looked at this blush had I not read such great reviews for it, so I decided for $3 I would give it a try. It is a-dorable :) I LOVE it! I think I like it even more than my L'Oreal true match blush (which I adore), so its a great find! Cheap, looks natural on my fair skin, and has a really faint but cute shimmer to it. I like just a little bit of shimmer. It blends great and I highly recommend it. What a great find!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm over the moon about this blush! I barely have to get any product on my brush to get a natural flushed look on my cheeks. There have been times when I've forgotten which blush I'm using and swirl a bit too much and ended up with crazy pink cheeks. It's just a reminder of how great and pigmented this blush is. Quick fix: just pick up some loose powder (Physician's Formula makes a good one) and buff it in OR you could swirl a cotton ball on your apples to try and tame your cheeks. That being said I have to mention the awful brush. It's tiny and scratchy. I never use the brushes that come with my blush compacts (I use a Sonia Kashuk duo fiber brush instead). However, I find the wet n wild brush to be far more abrasive than other drugstore blush brushes. If you're cash strapped, you can get a Sonia Kashuk brush for about 5 dollars. Buying that brush has been the best beauty investment I've ever made.

on 4/1/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! I needed a lighter version of Mellow Wine and I found it with this one!!!! I'll still use mellow wine when I'm tanner. This gives be a better natural looking until I get tanner in the next couple of months. :D

on 3/24/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first WNW blush purchase (I was originally looking for heather silk but it was all sold out at my local walgreens). But let me say that I was not disappointed. It does give a subtle flushed look with a slight shimmer. I usually apply my maybelline dream mousse blush in peach satin as a base and the combination is gorgeous, and pretty much lasts all day. The new packaging looks alot better than the older packaging, stacks nicely in my collection. The brush sucks, i usually apply with a fluffy blush brush.

on 2/26/2010 12:09:00 PM

Well I read all the reviews for Nars orgasm so I folded and purchased it.Not impressed at all no staying power no color payoff just soso.So I returned it, continued on my search for the perfect blush. I purchased Sally Hansen blush cannot remember what color it was kind of the same color as Orgasm, it to was just ok but a lot better than Nars.Now I return the Sally also . Then I see WetnWild the blush color in the package was beautiful and the price was rediculious, then I look at their eyeshadows again just beautiful, so I purchased this blush and an eyeshadow in nutty, all for $5.00 a savings of $40.00 from the items I returned.I do not care what I pay for something I just want it to be right and work. I cannot tell you how much better these items look and work. The packaging is cheap but who cares I want it to look beautiful on my face I do not wear the package. The blush and eyeshadow last all day on me. This product line has come a long way lately I will definitely buy more ..LOVE THESE ITEMS

I like this a lot! It has kept me away from my usual everyday blush, MAC's mineralized blush in Warm Soul. It's a beautiful pink with subtle shimmers and the texture is great. I get that nice "flushed" look when I use it with my 182. As much as I like the blush, I hate the packaging. It's cheap and flimsy plastic. To add to that, it's this ugly gray color and the label that states the color doesn't stay put. And once you lose the label, there's NOTHING else that will tell you what the color is. Despite all that, I'd buy this blush again. It's cheap!

Popular Blush Products