October 30, 2014 | 1121 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry to say that I didn't like this foundation very much. It did provide full coverage but it was too heavy for my skin.
    Actually my face has no problems, so I don't need a full coverage foundation. But I've read all those great reviews and I wanted to give it a try. Well, I felt that my skin couldn't breathe. DW was also guite oily and my face was rather cakey.
    This may be a good product for older ladies or for those who need full coverage foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Eternalmakeup

I tried this foundation over a year ago and was very excited to try it because it was my first high end foundation and the estee lauder makeup counter recomended this product. Within the first two months of wearing this product, I instantly loved it. I have many acne scars and am very acne prone so this was a win because it didn't make me breakout and it covered all my redness. This foundtaion control oily skin extremely well, and leaves a very matte finish. Although this product is an extremely dry formula. I find myself to be oily and I still feel very dry if I don't put an excessive amount of moisturizer before I put this foundation on. The staying power is very good and the color is very spot on. I had finished the bottle, which lasted me around 9 months suprisingly and decided I would try other high end foundations. The mac studio finish in NW20 was a nightmare on my skin, this foundation tops that one instantly for me. So, I tried the Dior skin forever foundation and found it was an excellent full coverage foundation. The smell was excellent, not a dry formula and long lasting. This foundation is my go to foundation whenever I am going out. Whoever, for school and work purposes nothing can top my Estee Lauder double wear.. it smells like paint sometimes which worries me and is a bit cakey on my face but it gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by NickiW83

I can't tell you how much time and money I have spent on finding my perfect foundation. I have super sensitive skin, and I react to pretty much everything I put in my face - not this though. I gives great coverage without being cakey, and makes your skin look flawless! It feels just so lovely on your skin. People around me noticed something
    Different about me when I started using this, I had some great comments about my skin (which never happens usually!). A few tips, always use a foundation brush to apply - you get a much more professional finish plus it's easier to work. I wouldn't recommend this product to people with very dry skin as it would definitely dry them out even more! Stick to Daywear light instead. All in all a fantastic product - I'm so glad I found it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this foundation in a shade or two too light. But I blended a darker powder which is my exact complexion ( Maybelline Fit Me #245 ) on top. So it worked okay except for flash photos. But its lasting power and coverage was great. I received this as a gift. But may purchase this later in the future. Im thinking of trying Kat Von Ds Tattoo Lock it Foundation next. But overall great foundation EL.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Excellent. Trully I mean that. If you have oily skin, then I would look no further (Revlon ColorStay is 2nd best to this one as well). This one may be a little tricky when blending (but just use primer and a good sponge) and the coverage is buildible, flawless, matte, and LONG STAYING..actually their first original one "Double MATTE" was the one that for some reason could literally last on your face for 3 days in a row without washing it off! Ha!

Seriously tho, for oily ladies like myself, this one is a true miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

glass bottle, twist cap, no pump. the mac pumps you can buy by themselves fit in here though.
    i have colour 3W1, i wear MAC prolongwear in nc40 and MatchMaster in 4. i paid $35 at Macys, but this is $50 in Australia.
    it does control oil very well and it stays in place ALL day. there is no need to set with a powder. the finish is more matte, but not completely matte that it looks flat.
    there is no smell and no SPF (i dont think) towards the end of the day though i started to looked really 'plastic', my oils had sort of come out, but hadn't turned into a dewy nice look, or even oily and greasy. i looked plastic lol it didnt oxidise on me though.
    i have very oily sensitive skin and this doesnt break me out. doesnt settle into pores and is a medium coverage foundation. this can be built to full though i imagine it would be terrible looking.
    i gave it a four because it does what it claims to do, though i dont enjoy looking like fake plastic doll. matchmaster is much better for me and can be sprayed with fix + to make it look natural and it has just as good oil control properties and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by AltaKay

I have been reading reviews from the official Estee Lauder website, and I became devastated when I saw several people claimed that the formula has recently been modified. I am NOT okay with that if it is true. This make-up has changed my life! Literally. I have mild acne, but a lot of scarring, and seriously.. this makeup has given me confidence I never had before because I HATE my skin naturally. Hopefully I can get my hands on the original formula when I run out, which will be soon, but I recommend this for ANYONE! It is a m a z i n g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Beekhawaja

I have recently changed from using Mac Studio fix NC35-40 to an equal mix of rattan and cashew double wear the colour is amazing and has the best yellow tone I have discovered in any foundations. All other colours in double wear are either grey or pink.
    Love the long lasting finish of this foundation although I have combination skin I do wish it had a dewy look to it. Some days I feel it looks too flat and a little dry.
    I usually bronze and brighten this up with the soleil tan de chanel gel makeup base/ bronzer
    Overall this is the best foundation I have ever come across and even though mixing the two shades together is a pain it's still worth the overall look : )

Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Emilyrogerson44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation stays on all day and covers with a amazing flawless natural finish. I have tried several foundations and nothing compares to this it's worth every penny. The only downside is because this foundation is a stay in place foundation it can sometimes be dry on the skin, so you need a good moisturiser/primer before application

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by littlekinselle

When I got my samples of this foundie shade 2n2 fresco.. I already used it it never gives me an oily and cakey feeling or effects.. ilove the covarage. I'll will buy a full bottle of this. :) btw it my first time to used a liquid foundation..