August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

This product covers well but for me it is so hard to blend in with no lines on my face, neck, and decollete. The coverage is decent and overall it is just an OK product. I think there are a lot better considering the extremely high price and hard mixibility.

I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Sammy123a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. For years I have been searching for the ideal foundation and I think I have finally found it. I'm an nc40 in mac and I have purchased tawny in the double wear which matches my complexion perfectly. Unlike with some mac foundations it stays the same colour throughout the day. It covers amazingly and doesn't look cakey. I would definitely recommend this foundation :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by RLeFebre

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic. I have never had compliments on my face/makeup in my life until I started using this. Woman have made many comments on how healthy my skin looks and how natural it looks. I won't use anything else. It is light, non-greasy, easy to use and stays on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Natashajadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I can honestly say that this is my HG foundation! I bought this foundation last year and i have never had a problem with it except the packaging. Although the packaging is not the best, the product is amazing! I have extremely oily skin and my oils don't shine through! honestly amazing and recommed it to anyone with oily skin as i know that it holds the oils. it may be abit pricey for some people but your really getting your moneys worth... if only they'd change the packaging!

Overall, I love this product and would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this with a damp beauty blender w primer and it is beautiful!!! I don't understand why people claim its heavy, if applied lightly it's flawless. I have combo sometimes dry skin and it suits my skin fine.
What I don't like is awesome that I wish it had a pump b or a better way of dispensing product, but other than that, it's PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

Lots of people are displeased with the reformulation of this foundation, but I am pleased. When I tried the foundation before it was so heavy that it broke me out and the colors were too pink. Now they have a nice yellow base. My face looks powder fresh and it compliments my olive skin tone. I'm wearing Dawn2w and I'm an nc20 nc30. With texture issues because of severe acne last summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This foundation is pretty great. It provides full coverage and lasts fairly long. I can wear it for a 6 hour day without worrying. I used to use this a lot until it irritated my face so I had to rotate it. Other than that I absolutely love this product. All you need is to mix a TINY TINY bit of moisturizer with it and apply with a brush.

I do recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by trueaddict

Well, there are thousands of reviews to look through and obviously this stuff works well...or so I thought. There are two drawbacks, the color matching and the dreaded breakouts. I always get color matched too dark because I usually have bronzer or blush on and the people at the counter like to lay the colors on you without properly blending. The jawline test does NOT work! I know that's the quick and easy way to do it...but the lighting is terrible. I would suggest doing some google-ing about shade matches. I went a few times to get color matched and everyone was too pink/red/orange. They kept telling me I was a neutral but those colors made me look like I had a mask on.

Long story short, I am NC20 but MAC is too yellow for me so I opt between Bone and Sand. Bone has a nice porcelain color once applied but I tool a picture with the flash and realized my ears were darker! So SAND is slightly darker but matches more with my ears.

Also a week into using it I broke out in places I have NEVER broken out before. I figured it was the foundation clogging my pores.

I thought I had found my HG; however, a day later I discovered the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation. A million times better than Double Wear, I promise. Check out the reviews and you will see! And yes, I would have never normally tried a Kat Von D product unless my friend from Sephora hadnt given me her extra bottle. I am SO glad she did. Go ahead and try a sample of that!

This was

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Heyycasablanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Double Wear has been my go to foundation for a few years now. It has been the only foundation that I can rely on for my very oily t-zone. Despite the recent reformulation, I still love it and still consider it my holy grail foundation! I think I may even like it better now!! It is so much easier to work with because the consistency isn't as thick and I think it gives me skin a more natural look because it looks like MY skin, but better. The coverage is a tiiiny bit less than before but it is buildable. I know this foundation has a cult like following but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Go to your EL counter and ask for a sample and try it out for yourself. You may just love it as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great foundation for heavy all-day coverage. I dont use it often because it can def feel heavy. If I use this I moisturize and then use my fingers for this or mix moisturizer and this to lighten the coverage. If i use any type of brush it seems heavy. I have this in Sand Beige and i am around NC 30-35. It lasts all day, covers everything and photographs well. Due to the heavy feeling for me though i only use this on special occasions, events which will run all day, when traveling or if i am super tired and nothing is making my face look 'awake and even'. Its an effort to take it off, wash, tone, wipes and ill still find some-- but stays fresh looking all day for sure! I bought Revlon Colorstay and for comparison, I was not a fan. Do I use this often-no. Does it do what it says it will-yes. It is a good full coverage foundation-yes-the best for that purpose.