The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/11/2009 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It made the skin around my eyes burn at the first use, and I'm not prone to this kind of reaction.
I will give it to someone and never will buy eye creams from The Body Shop again.

Pointless product - does nothing it claims too (help dark circles, puffiness, lines!). Packaging can be annoying - easy to squeeze far too much product out.

on 12/9/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pro: N/A
Con: just an ordinary eye cream, doesn't do much magic.

on 11/14/2008 6:10:00 AM

Doesnt doesnt work for in reducing my fine lines..
but itz hydrating for sure..
doesnt prick even a bit if were to apply to much as well..
decent product

on 9/24/2008 3:37:00 AM

This eye cream is quite good. I used it when my under eye skin started getting dry and flakey (gross, I know)..this cream provided enough moisture to resolve that problem within a matter of days :) Aside from that, it does not reduce the appearance of dark eye circles like it claims (although I don't think anything can but concealer). Overall, a decent product!

on 7/29/2008 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This isn't a terrible product, but it really doesn't do much. I'm 29 and don't have crow's feet but I do have very fine wrinkles under my eyes. This cream does seem to smooth them out immediately after application, but within an hour the wrinkles are back. As for ingredients, as others have mentioned, this cream contains hyaluronic acid, but it must not contain much, because I don't consider this cream incredibly moisturizing. I've also learned recently that Vitamin E is one of the less potent antioxidants.
Where this product excels is its packaging - it's incredibly sanitary! Nevertheless, Clinique's All About Eyes is a much more moisturizing product that actually does reduce puffiness and dark circles while reducing fine lines. Also, Clinique is really not that much more expensive for the same amount of product.

on 7/28/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I have dark circles. I didn't notice any improvement after using it. It is easy to use and hydrates the skin but I would not buy it again.

on 4/30/2008 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying it for two weeks, and I haven't see any change on my fine lines or my dark circles, I bought it for the tube I think is very hygienic,and the price, but i won't buy it again

Not the best thing, it's not as moisturizing as the All About Eyes from Clinique. Doesn't lighten dark circles as claimed (neither is All About Eyes anyway). After using half a tube of it twice a day I saw no difference. It's been buried in my cosmetic graveyard.

on 3/19/2008 5:11:00 PM

As eye creams go, this one is good - non-irritating, lightly moisturizing, soothing, non-migrating, and has some light diffusing particles. Tube is great, very hygienic and good for saving product (packing on more than a thin coat does nothing good). Lasts long. Contains Sodium Hyaluronate, which I appreciate in any moisturizer, and mild silicones which act like good make up/concealer primers. That's it. It does nothing else.

There isn't a topical product in the world which can actually reduce wrinkles caused by natural collagen loss. Or dark circles. Or puffiness. The light diffusers reduce the apperance to a small degree, but that's it.
If I feel the need again for an eye moisturizer and under-eye make up primer, this will be my choice.