April 17, 2014 | 1559 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I have the No. 1 pallete. I'm a MAC NW/NC20 and a MUFE HD 120. The only gripe I have is this settles in the lines under my eyes and around my face. And I'm not crazy about the green color but it's workable if you blend it well and layer a flesh tone over it. It covers pretty well and the coverage is bulidable. I like the peachy color for under the eyes, it really brightens the area. There are 2 really light colors in the palette that are too light/pinkish for my skin (the farthest 2 on the left), so I really use only 3 of the colors. It's a good pallete. I might repurchase it again.

1/14/10 UPDATE:
I returned this. It was cakey and hard to blend around my eyes. I had to tug and that's not good for your skin. Plus like I said in my earlier review, it settled in & eccentuated my lines.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

i find this very hard to blend unless i have primer on otherwise it just looks cakey and horrible, i dont have a lot of blemishs just redness so i dont use it a lot. I dont think i would buy it again as i dont use all the colours and would rather something that blends better and doesnt look so cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just hate it! Waaayy too cakey. It settles into every pore and it looks horrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this. However, for me, it is NOT for under the eyes. But I do use it everywhere else in my face!

Pros:
*Creamy texture
*Lots of colors to mix
*Green concealer to counteract reddness
*Peachy concealer to battle purple discoloration.
*Very blend-able
*Slim compact

Cons:
*Creases after a while no matter what you do
*VERY light colors in palette #1 (I don't even use one of them it's so pale)
*Expensive
*I don't like the packaging... it seems dirty to me. But I understand the difficulty in packaging 5 colors.
*Settles into pores if you're heavy-handed.

Verdict:
I won't buy this again. My HG concealer is MAC Select Moisturecover concealer. It's amazing! However, I do like this to combat redness and hid the occasional blemish. It blends seamlessly. However, at my age, I really only need concealer for under my eyes. This creases sooo bad under my eyes... so it's ultimately a no-go.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Cheyenneeex34

I have been using this product on and off for a while now. After a while it began to get all cakey and gross on me so i stopped using it and switched over to another product but went back to this one a month later and it has been good so far. Good coverage a lot of the time but doesn't last all day...touch ups every few hours needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by goshGirL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOW I USE IT: Not sure exactly the name of the palette, but it has the 4 light-medium-ish concealers along with the green one (to counter-act redness.) Use it after I've primed and done my foundation, with a concealer brush to cover under-eyes, blemishes, pimples or dark spots.

THE GOOD: Creamy. Doesn't crease too much (does a little bit though, after awhile). Light feeling. Many colours you can mix to customize a shade. Good coverage, high pigmentation, really helps cover up my under eye circles (which aren't too bad). Does a decent job of covering blemishes.

THE BAD: The lighest shades are way too pale for my face (I'm tan skinned close to olive skinned) so I've used mainly only the two darker colours and the green one doesn't really do much for me so I haven't used it at all. (I guess I don't have much redness to cover). And it's PRICEY (for me anyways, I'm a bargain hunter) it was CAD 50$ at Sephora here in Canada. So if I can find something that works as well (or almost as well) for cheaper, I would consider switching.

VERDICT: Good concealer. I like it, but I think next time I buy a concealer I will try a different palette or colour set so I can make more use of it and not waste money. So I probably won't buy this specific palette again. It's also a bit pricey for my budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by blackprincessxo

I have this in #4 and I love it to death and every girl should have one. The only down side is i could use a bit more coverage. also you might not need to use all the shades so what you can do is use the extra color as a lip stain or eyeshadow base.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ATLien315

I love this product! What I like most about it is that I has 5 different shades. Most people don't exactly fit just one shade of concealer - especially if they have lighter/darker areas of skin. I can mix and blend colors to find what fits me and anyone else I use it on. Plus, it has a corrector for under-eye dark circles. I'm in my 20s so I don't have that problem yet, but when I apply the corrector anyway it really gives me that extra "oomph!" And, I use the darkest color to contour, so I use the entire palette! It's very creamy and easy to apply. I'd recommend it to anyone. $40 after tax may seem a bit steep for concealer, but you get soooo many shades and can do so many things! I don't use this everyday, only on days where I really need to have my makeup on point for a big meeting at work or special occasions/date nights/ parties, etc.

If you don't have it, get it! It's a must buy for your makeup kit! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by GRRRRGirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG for concealers...I purchased #1 which includes the lightest concealer I have ever seen...which is perfect for my fair skin. The peach tone worked wonder's on my dark circles...and the green does an amazing job of balancing out the red on my cheeks...HIDES ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING...I also have oily skin and this does not make me look shinney like most concealers. I have also had this for a long time and it is still going strong.

Will repurchase until they invent a cream for perfect skin...lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Gothoria

This is so far the best concealer I've eva used, and here is my review:
***UPs:
- eventhough i suffer frm fine lines under my eyes this concealer f blended well it will not clump or crease.
- I got the N3 pallete which has the dark brown-red colour, and it goes gr8 with my NC35 skin, I use the 4th color 2 the right on summer, and the 2nd one 2 the left in winter.
- gr8 4 makeup artists as you can have many colours n 1 pallette.
- i almost finished 1 colour at the pallete I went 2 purchase the 1 n the pot, but the MUFE artist told me that i can always mix & match, so now i do mix 2 of the colours 2 get the 1 i ran out of.
- not 2 dry & not 2 liequidy.
- i use the lightest colour as a highlight base for my cheek bones and bridge of my nose, its gr8 4 my comb-oily skin, as it gives a natural hit of light effect.
***DOWNs:
- I think that some colours r not nessecary 4 me, as im only using 2-3 colours.
- its kinda difficult 4 me to get the product now that i alomost ran out of it, so i have to rub my finger 2 get wts left on the edges.
- the red colour is not helping 4 me, i tried to patt it on but still i ended up with red under eyes circles.