August 2, 2014 | 1234 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by piyo1717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work after reading great reviews about this product. I wanted to use this as a foundation primer, which I read a lot of people are using it for. When i first open it and applied, I noticed a very strong fragrance smell, almost overpowering. But I got over it and still decide to give it a try. My skin felt smooth instantly, now I know why people are using it as a foundation primer. But withtin hours of applying, I got a pimple. I dont usually get break-outs, even during that special time of the month. And this was the only thing I did differently from my daily routine, so I know it's the product. Too bad it didn't work for me, I like the texture of this product and the way it feels on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Houseofcarole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, it's not a moisturizer. It is a serum so technically you have to use moisturizer after using this product, except if you have a very oily skin then no need moisturizer again or it may become too greasy. I have combo skin and always use it with my moisturizer.I personally love this product so much.

1. It leaves my skin feeling so good, glowing and smooth after using it.
2. I love the ingredients this product has. I am a person who always looks for reviews and ingredients before buying skin care products and this product sums it all. It has Niacinamide, Amino Peptide, Vitamin E, and green tea which are very important if you wanna have younger looking skin. I myself always go for products that can prevent any aging signs in the future. Paula Begound and any other experts highly recommend this product.
3. The price is good for the thing its done for my face. It is reasonable compare to any other skincare products.
4. It has no SPF, which is why you have to go with moisturizer that contains SPF. Like I said it is a serum not a moisturizer.
5. The fragrance doesn't bother me much cause it's not that strong for me.

So yes, I will definitely repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by grimmauld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product to use during the summer instead of a lotion. I heard it was lighter than my usual daily moisturizer and several used it for primer. I noticed after a couple of days that the pores on my cheeks, nose and chin are enlarged using this and it makes my skin much more oily than a normal moisturizer like Cetaphil. By midday my face looks like an oil slick and I'm typically not very oily.

The only pro I can find is that it feels so smooth when you put it. Of course that could be the number of silicones in it. I would NOT recommend this to anyone that is combo or oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dreemrytr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I can't believe more people don't like this stuff, AND that people don't notice results after using it. I noticed a remarkable difference after the FIRST USE. My skin was much smoother and softer to the touch than before. The entire 'Regenerist' line acts very similarly in that it reveals softer, smoother skin. Does it make me look younger? I can't say for sure, but I do know my skin is softer because of it. I've been using it for years now and won't be without it. I buy it at Costco in the extra large size (lasts me about 6 months used nightly)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by jh1242

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This serum applies well, it glides silkily onto my skin. The fragrance isn't too overwhelming. But other than that, I can't seem to see any reduction in fine lines, improvement in skin tone, uber moisturised skin etc. Worse, it seems to be quite heavy in silicones and broke me out after just two nights of continued use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by hosy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was interested in the niacinamide and amino-peptide component that was supposed to help improve skin. I only used it at night for 2 nights, and it gave me little red bumps on my cheeks. I also noticed clogged and enlarged (a little red as well) pores on my forehead. Granted that my skin is a little sensitive, I am not prone to acne, this seem to cause a sensitive reaction. After reading the reviews here, I find that I am not the only one who had a reaction after using it, seems to be quite common. Speculate that it could be the silicones, or I could be sensitive to some of the chemical components. Or it could also be due to parabens, as I had switch to products without parabens for a while. Definitely will not reconsider again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do really like this product, it works really well on my skin. I've gotten a couple of compliments that I look very "radiant" "healthy" but I'd buy the fragrance free one next time.

I'm not expect it to reverse signs of aging. But I'm hoping it will improve the condition of my skin, which isn't all that bad to begin with, just a few fine lines, a little dry but could use perking up and some sun damage control. It does keep it feeling pretty nice all day. and it's nice to have something on before having to slop sun creme on my face.

I'd give it a 5 except for the slight irritation with fragrance. Next time will get the fragrance free version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice shimmer and fragrance, but irritated my skin. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jadie6t

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didnt like this product at first coz i feel the dimetichone is making me feel greasy...afraid that it might give me breakouts as well..but thank god it didnt..it made my skin feels so soft and supple the next day after applying at nite before sleep..after using my bha of course :D dont need to apply any other moisturiser as i have combi skin..dont wanna make my skin too oily and break it out..

the downside abt this will be the packaging..i dont know why this thing doesnt come with a cap...always have to put it back into the weird oval packaging to keep it away from dust..but overall its worth a buy and i will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by shaiomay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product for a few nights and at my skin was soft , but I also had breakouts between my lower lip and chin. I would prefer to have clear skin than soft skin, so I was disappointed in this product. I will never buy again. I ended up giving it to my mother =) Hopefully, she won't break out from it.