April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by introspectivechick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Put a pea size amount on the top of your hand, then use your fingers to apply and blend to the face. It's that fast and easy to get perfect, full coverage that lasts. The price is reasonable for you much you get and how little you use when compared to other higher end foundations.

However, the time you save in application you will lose trying to make your face look like it belongs on your body. Color selection is terrible. If EL would make this product in the range of colors it makes the rest of its foundations, you would never need anything else.

It has SPF, great for everyday, but that will not photograph well under a flash. Also, it is very matte, so dewy finish girls should look elsewhere.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Bex255

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far my favourite foundation/concealer. It was the very first make-up I ever wore borrowed out of my mother's draw and it's absolutely amazing. I've never come across better coverage and luckily the colour suits me although I agree the range is limited. It's important to apply a tiny amount to avoid looking like a cake but that's good because it lasts at least 6 months - 1 year of every-day wear. It's also waterproof providing you don't rub it once it's wet. I also used to wear the lightweight formula and was devastated to hear they had discontinued it when I went to buy it, and spent months trying to find a replacement and being disappointed by every other brand before hearing they had replaced it with camouflage. I agree it is ever so slightly inferior due to be a bit more heavy duty and the colour slightly different but I'll continue to wear it until they discontinue. I love this makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG foundation! After years battling with acne I now have clear skin, but acne treatments and medications mean I have a lot of persistent redness in my face. This covers it with the tiniest amount, and doesn't rub off or change colour throughout the day. It takes some time to get to grips with just *how little* you need, the slightest bit too much and it can look mask-like. Once you've grasped that though it's perfect. Colour choices are limited - thankfully my pale, yellow-toned English skin is a perfect match for Very Light. Have repurchased and will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by katherinemaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this product!!!! I have oily skin, and could never quite find the perfect foundation! this foundation is amazing!
    Doesn't make my skin look oily, covers up perfectly, looks good and natural on my skin!
    Sometimes mix it with NARS sheer glow, gives me good cover up, but i nice glow also..
    It isn't over priced, works great, yep, i think i found the perfect foundation!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by princessmimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly i think that estee lauder maximum cover is truly true to it's name, i recently purchased this product and at first i thought oh just another one of those foundations which ses full coverage but isnt, and boy was i shocked...i used just under a drop size and i was absolutely amazed in one complete swipe it covered everything and i didnt even use alot whixh in my case is a very good thing...the only reason it never got 5 for an overall rating from me is because the colour selection sucks im currently using medium deep and it's way to light and the deep obviously being way to dark, i think that there should be more variety in the colour range, this is by far the best foundation i have ever come acroos, it even beats out EL double wear in my opinion...i know it's a hefty price but in terms of usuablity its well worth it so i dont mind at all...i just hope they develope more colours for this specific foundation...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I <3 this foundation! The only thing that bothers me is the lightest color has been reformulated. EL make it more muddy looking. I really don't know why they have to go and change things. The other color was perfect for my NW15-20 skintone.

This foundation is:
    Buildable coverage
    Covers ALL flaws
    Lasts ALL day and even through humidity
    Leaves a nice matte finish
    Comes in a tube
    Only need a tiny bit
    Cheaper than most HE foundations

I've yet to find anything that compares to this! HG for me! =)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EDIT: I am taking off a lippie for the color change. It is not the same. I have an old one and it is very different. I am going to return this. If you are fair skinned with pink undertones... there is no shade for you in this formula anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Man I am so bummed I didn't try this foundation sooner! I have yucky melasma to cover up each and everyday, so I've tried a lot of foundations, including Dermablend, Cover FX, Shiseido, Bobbi Brown, that expensive spray foundation (I forgot who it's by), and mineral makeup like Laura Mercier, EVM, cheap drugstore MU like Colorstay (which I like)... THIS ONE BLOWS EVERY SINGLE FOUNDATION OUT OF THE WATER! It comes close to my Shiseido foundation SPF 42, but since the SPF level isn't very high (15), it doesn't leave that grey-ish mask you can see in sunlight. Anyway, the consistency is quite watery and light considering how opaque it is. People were not joking when they said you don't need concealer. You can probably use this as concealer too! I'm thinking of buying the lighter shade and mixing it with the one I got (deep medium) in order to get a better match. I'm an NC25-30 and the one lighter shade (the second lightest) is too yellow and the one I got is a tad too dark. But it DOES blend in quite nicely and the finish is really matte and mousse-like. I LOVE IT. It cuts my time getting ready in the morning in almost half. I only need to put on my Benefit peach concealer on my spots and then this foundation over it and VOILA, my skin is flawless. Yes, it's quite expensive $30, but use it sparingly since you don't want to waste it b/c once it comes out, it's out. I would suggest mixing it with other foundations if it's too opaque for you, but chances are people with good skin will not need this. I highly recommend it for people with lots of flaws to cover. I had one zit and it was really really red. ONE tiny swipe of this and it was FULLY covered. AMAZING!!! My HG foundation!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE: 9/7/10

OK, after using this for a little while (not on a daily basis) I realized it is WAYYYY to cakey, thick, and heavy. I try not to put too much on, but even the littlest amount makes me look like I have a mask on. The color didn't match my skin tone exactly, and that's what was making me look so wrong when I had this on. I returned it - thank god for Macy's flexible return policy!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by candyjrs

I actually use this product as a concealer. I find it too heavy as a foundation. I could never find a concealer that looks natural but covers my dark circle and this is the product that works both of my issues. I use studio fix powder foundation from mac and I use this as my concealer and I get a flawless finish! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mango_purl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is really good at covering up stuff. I kind of use it as a concealer instead of foundation. A little bit goes a long way, so I feel like the tube will last me a long time. It's pretty long-wearing except on my nose. I find that it provides better coverage than the liquidy concealers but is easier to blend than some of the creamy ones that feel too solid for me. If your skin is flaky, there can be problems though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ecaldwell

I really like this product and the coverage. I had been using the Maybelline cream anti aging foundation when they discontinued it, and was looking for something with medium-high coverage to disguise my sun spots and uneven skin tone.

I have to admit being shocked the first time the makeup artist put it on me at full strength, it was like wearing a mask! But she convinced me that I could apply much less and still get great coverage using a foundation brush which I never used before. She was right.

To look natural, you do have to be careful not to use too much. I haven't had the cakey problem since, as I always am careful about blending with a foundation brush. Even so, sometimes I wipe my face with a tissue to remove excess. I think this is good value for the money and so far has performed very well.