Palmer's Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's ironic how Palmer's chocolate isn't even worth the effort it takes to unwrap, but their lotion smells good enough to eat. Anyway, it is moisturizing, although in really dry spots like the sides of my hands, I occasionally need to apply twice. It also takes some effort to rub it in - if I don't, my skin will be flaky yet feel greasy all at once. Once it absorbs, my skin feels amazingly soft and smooth. The scent is strong and just like brownie or chocolate cupcake batter, and really lingers - I can still smell it on my arm 18 hours later.

on 2/1/2013 11:40:00 AM

I bought this because I had a few light stretch marks on my tummy and wanted them to fade. It broke me out in a rash and couldn't use it anymore :( the only pros for me were the smell (amazing) and the packaging quality. Other than that, not for me. Sorry, Palmers.

on 1/26/2013 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Without a doubt the best body moisturiser I have ever tried. Iíve been using it since I was 14, when I was going through a traumatic period in my life where I gained some horrifically ugly purple stretch marks on my breasts and back of my legs, and was recommended to use cocoa butter by a lot of people. Iíve been using it ever since, it really did get rid of those awful marks and intensely moisturises my skin like nothing else, thanks to itís thick but spreadable consistency. It has the most gorgeously sweet almost chocolatey scent, itís such a treat to use this after showering. Iíve experimented with a lot of different body moisturisers over the years and with the exception of Dove Summer Glow, always return to my Palmers. Iíve used most of the other variants, such as the Olive butter, the unscented butter and the Alpha-Hydroxy and whilst theyíre all brilliant, I still love the original the best, maybe because the scent is so comforting! Tip Ė if you find your cocoa butter is hard to squeeze out of the container, leave it on the radiator or heat it up for a couple of seconds Ė it quickly melts so you can use up whatís left!

on 1/17/2013 4:35:00 AM

I have relatively dry and sensitive skin on my body, and this lotion is about one of the couples of lotions that really works for me. The texture is thicker, more like cream than a watery lotion, yet it absorbs fast, totally not greasy, work wonderful, moisturizes dry skin, soothes itching, hydrates enough until next shower, and I do think this help to even out skin tone. I am a total chocolate-holic, and I do think this lotion smells like chocolate, so personally I'm totally fine with the smell. This is my most favorite body lotion now and I think this is going to be a staple product for me.

on 1/16/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm seriously in love with this lotion! I bought it for stretch marks and it has been effective! Would definitely recommend!!

on 1/13/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Smells very good and softens my skin substantially. I have had friends that use it for stretch marks fairly effectively as well so keep that in mind if you are thinking about purchasing it for a bonus.

It is pretty hard to find that is my only issue with this product. Other than that, great product overall!

on 1/8/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I mean, honestly, what hasn't been said about cocoa butter in general that needs to be repeated? Haha, it's seriously amazing. I don't use Palmer's in particular but the formula remains the same throughout every brand. I've been having a bit too much fun this winter break and have been neglecting my body which includes my skin. My hands have been cracking from dryness these past few days and cocoa butter honestly just soaks in INSTANTLY when my hands get this dry. Applying another layer just leaves a nice, soft coating to make sure the skin is nice and. . . plump? :)

Pretty certain the stuff will be a lifetime staple!

I love this lotion! I have been switching lotions for a while (when I was pregnant my skin went nuts and couldn't hold moisture). However I reverted back to this lotion. It is the only stuff that keeps my skin moisturized and glowing. I love it! The only thing I don't enjoy is the smell all that much, but it fades quickly. I enjoy the fragrance free version, however I have not been able to find it in this area (annoying!). It doesn't break me out and keeps my skin smooth all day long. My HG.

on 12/30/2012 6:41:00 AM

This is nearly the perfect hand and body lotion, except for the fact that the scent is very strong! Definitely not for anyone with a sensitivity to perfumes. The lotion itself is creamy, absorbs quickly, and works wonders on dry skin. I wish it came in a fragrance-free formula!

on 12/13/2012 4:26:00 AM

this stuff smells so good & yummy just like white choclate
it is very tolerant & it calms down itchy & flaky skin