September 18, 2014 | 2008 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Mouldy

I think people really under-rate this cleanser! At first I was not a fan as it seemed to leave a film on my face, but for the best result you really must use a microfibre/muslin cloth to remove it. Now it's the only cleanser I've used for the past two years! My skin is acne prone, congested and moderately oily and nothing leaves it smoother. After two years I think my skin is beginning to get used to it, so I may be looking for something else soon, but I have thought that previously and when I used something else my skin went abit nuts. Really, just buy it.

Also as a side note, I think a lot of people probably don't use cleansers properly. You must really massage all cleansers into the skin for a good 45 seconds or so. It isn't enough to slap it on and then wash it off with warm water. If you find that your cleanser is not performing to your expectations, try really massaging it well, removing it with a microfibre face cloth, rinsing with warm water and then splashing with cold water.. you will be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by squishybunnie

I love this cleanser! I don't usually care what cleansers I use, because for me, as long as it cleans my face and everything, I'm fine with it. Moisturizers are more important to me than cleansers. But when I used this for the first time 2 nights ago, I fell in loveeee! The product itself is a creamy, slightly thick and pasty formula that spreads easily onto your face with a little water. The best thing, it contains menthol! Makes your skin feel so good when you're washing your face, and after that too. The cooling sensation lasts for about a good half hour, so it's amazing even to put on your normal skin routine, toner, moisturizer. It makes everything feel super good and smooth on your skin. Now, I don't get why some people found this drying for their skin. It probably didn't suit their skin-type or something. I'm oily at my t-zones and a little bit dry on my cheeks and around my mouth area. I found that this cleanser didn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry after I washed my face, which is great! I love this, will definitely be buying this again after it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by katesitz

I have been using this for a few years and cannot go away from it! My skin is simply not the same without it. It isn't perfect (makes my skin dry sometimes) but it does exactly what it says: smooths and improves skin complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by taymstaub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product last week and most of my pimples have either disappeared or gotten a whole lot smaller! My overall complexion is better, too. Hopefully it keeps doing it's magic!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by edyarn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG cleanser. I have combination skin (tends to be more on the dry side) and this cleanser doesnt strip my skin or make it feel tight. I have been using DHC cleansing oil, which has totally wrecked my skin, so I will be going back to the Deep Clean cleanser to undo the damage DHC has caused.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

IMO this is nothing special. Yes, its a good general cleanser but I don't like the fact I can't use it on my eyes. I also think the menthol scent is out of control and way too overpowering in a cleanser. It is both refreshing and repelling, but altogether irritating. I'm far from impressed. I'm finishing up a tube but definitely would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahh51

I had been using proactive for several months and I was running out, so I thought I'd give it up and try somthing new (and cheaper) And see if my breakouts would come back. Turned out they didn't. This is a keeper! You can feel it cleaning out your pores, very invigorating! I reccomend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by mameenoodles

Very thick constitency, like a thick paste
stripped my face of oil, made me break out even more
smell is alright though.
made my pores huge.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by hollygolightly14

I thought I'd give this a go after wanting to spend less on my skincare. I had been using Dermalogica for years and changing to this was a big mistake. I have been using it morning and night for two months and my skin has gone downhill big time. I break out constantly, always oily and my pores are huge. I realise it just may not be the right Neutrogena product for me, but it's gone to prove that for me, I do just need to stick to the more expensive, reliable brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not a miracle cleanser, but I think it does a very good job at cleansing and refreshing, so I keep coming back to it! I've also noticed that my acne fades in irritation and redness with regular use of this product. I also love the not-too-intense but noticable tingle, and the scent is pleasant, too. It's not too drying, so I can use a topical treatment if I wish.

To get the most thorough clean, I use with a washcloth or the scrublet from L'Oreal's 360 Clean line. I find myself craving the fresh, clean feeling I get from using this cleanser :)