September 17, 2014 | 1658 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always come back to this foundation and have been wearing it for a few years. I recently tried to switch it out with MUFE HD, and I really think both of them are comparable. My skin is fair, with hormonal break outs around my jaw line, some large pores near my nose, eczema (sensitive and dry). Here is my comparison : both medium coverage- give me a nice dewy (not oily) look - Both cover up my larger pores and any redness due to my eczema - I usually need a concealer on any larger blemishes with both -Neither made me break out - Neutrogena is more affordable, contains spf 20. MUFE has a nice pump bottle & more shades. So, in conclusion, this cheaper foundation is very comparable to a high end, expensive foundation but I will next be purchasing the Neutrogena again (unless I find something better). So far, it's my HG foundation. But, i think Im going to try to Macgyver some kind of pump lid to use or see if I can use the MUFE bottle once its gone. The lid is the only thing I hate about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! My grandma bought it but didn't use it because she loves her L'oreal BB Cream stuff, but I'm sooooo glad she passed the bottle on to me. So first of all, I love how this feels on my skin (even when I'm applying it). It's the perfect amount of creamy that feels squishy and enjoyable when you apply it with your fingers... but it also feels extremely refreshing to apply with a foundation brush! (I use a regular, flat, paintbrush-kind of foundation brush). I shake it before I use it and blow the little bubble that forms before I pour the product out. It is extremely easy to get too much product as there is no pump (which there should be.... unless they would have to make the product thinner which would be a no-no for me), but that's okay because I love the finish and texture of this foundation. It gives the prettiest, satin-dewy finish that I have ever seen in a drugstore foundation. The thing is.... the bottle I have isn't even my right color! I use another concealer on top of it, but I will surely purchase a new bottle in my exact shade. I set this foundation w/ Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder and I'm oil-free for a pretty decent time period. I have combination skin, so I have to appeal to the needs of my dry nose and oily T-zone (fun). This manages to even out both the color and texture of my skin and I'm so glad I know that this product exists. HEALTHY SKIN FOR THE WIN<3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice drugstore foundation. I don't understand what fragrance ppl are talking about. As far as I know mine do not contain fragrance. But I do have a weird experience with the shade.
I bought #60 Natural Beige at Ulta at first. But it was wayyyy too dark for my NC 25 skin. It's weird because I've been reading reviews before I buy and #60 should be the best match for NC 25 with yellow under tone. So I bought another bottle of #60 from walgreens and immediately I can notice the difference when compared to the one I bought from Ulta. The Ulta one is at least two shade darker! I did noticed that the labels are different. Maybe one is new package and one is old.
Now on to the product itself. It's not very long lasting and I can see oil within 4 hours even though I have dry skin. But I really like the consistency and the ability to blend. It offers sheer coverage. But it's quite amazing when mixing with a thicker foundation. Makes it easier to blend and fix the coverage problem if you like more than just sheer coverage. I also bought #10 to mix with all the darker shades foundation I hhave while I like using #60 on itself. It doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since I’ve just purchase my 3rd bottle of this, I thought it was time for a review.

Good Stuff:

The Nude shade is a perfect match for my NC20-25/C2-3 Bobbi Brown Warm Sand skin.

20 SPF provided by titanium dioxide, which is great for those sensitive to chemical sunscreens. ‘Course if you spend most of your day striking a pose, you might not appreciate that titanium dioxide so much.

Lovely natural finish!

Comfortable and light on the skin, Doesn’t accentuate wrinkles or settle in pores

Lasts quite well. I can go about 6 hours without touch ups.

Bad Stuff:

Fragrance. I’ve had no issues with sensitivity so far, but I prefer my foundations to be fragrance free.

The bottle. No pump and the area underneath the cap can get downright grotty if I’m not careful!

Not terribly buildable. At least not without sacrificing the light feel and the natural finish of the makeup. More than 2 light layers gets a bit suffocating for me.

Who’s this best for:
People with normal to dry skin, or the 40+ gals like myself with combo skin. Those who are oily probably won’t get an hour of wear with this.

People who don’t have too much to cover. I have Rosacea and it covers this redness quite nicely, but if you’ve got a good zit going you’re gonna need some concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I am currently rotating this foundation in shade 60 with the new mac moisture that just came out. I have to say that I like this one in terms of the finish and color more. It is a sort of semi matte that makes my dry skin look fresh without glowing like a disco ball or looking like I just ran a mile. it's cheap but the bottle is so disgusting especially since its a runny formula. if I powder my tzone it lasts a decent 6 hours or so. I like it because it looks very natural and medium coverage without looking caked or like I'm wearing foundation. a very good foundation for DS. no breakouts, my skin is happy with it but then again it is not acne prone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3.5/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $14
COVERAGE: A solid medium coverage, maybe a little on the lighter side.
FINISH: Very dewy. I definitely would say its similar to the NARS sheer glow.
TEXTURE: Runny and liquidy
SPF: 20
LASTING POWER: This is where the makeup seems to fall a bit short
:( It gets really oily and is almost gone by the end of the school day.
SHADES: I got this in 40 Nude which was PERFECT
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope
PACKAGING: I dont mind open bottles, however the opening on this is huge!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Maybe in the winter!
FINAL VERDICT: Sadly, this did not work out for my oily skin. Might try again once winter comes around.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by redbloodlips

I always come back to this foundation, yes even after trying other more expensive liquid foundations. These are the reasons why:
- It doesn't break me out
- It has a nice moderate coverage and it doesn't feel cakey on my skin
- The nude shade matches my skin perfectly
- It gives me a nice glowing look, I always get compliments when I wear it.
I do wish the packaging was different, perhaps a pump or something along those lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ktompkins843

I love love love this. My favorite drugstore foundation by far. I hate the packaging, but the product is so good.I have dry skin and this makes it look dewy and fresh. It does cake with powder on top though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

One of my favorite DS foundations. I use the color fresh beige and I actually picked up a few bottles to test out before I chose this one. There is a large selection of shades for this foundation so you will def be able to find a shade that fits you. It is a liquid foundation with spf without the feeling of spf. Though I don't recommend spy makeup (I'm a believer that spf should be separate from makeup) it is very convenient and will protect you from the sun. It is a medium coverage foundation and sinks into the skin very quickly leaving a semi-matte finish. And the best part, I have never broken out in using this foundation. I love testing out new products and whenever my skin breakouts, I come back to this foundation and it has been a life saver in covering my blemishes without irritating it. It truly lives up to its name of being healthy skin liquid makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Leaves a nice finish on my skin and I don't feel the need to finish with a powder. Sometimes it feels a little too heavy but it is easily mixed with moisturizer to solve that problem. Wish it had a pump but I just put it into one of my airless pump bottles and that problem was solved as well. I would have to buy two colors to get the perfect color match but with the pricepoint that isn't totally out of the question. I said no to repurchase just because there are other foundations out there (maybelline fit me liquid) that I prefer.