Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 9/6/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I get people wanting the "dewy" look, but this made me look slimy instantly. Coverage was poor and it felt like the coverage was just evaporating off seconds after I applied in splotches. Seriously...SECONDS after i felt i had blended it even the coverage was just disappearing. Even after piling on more and more. I do have oily skin, but sometimes I've found that products meant for dry skin actually seem to work better for me. Like it tricks my skin into thinking it's oily already and doesn't need to produce more. But THIS stuff was shiny, slimy, sticky, splotchy, absolutely NOOOO staying power even after primer, setting sprays, powder etc. my face looked leathery. Soooo weird. It accentuated fine lines, pores, even dry patches, just awful awful awful. How can a product be so wet and still accentuate dry patches? If Nars sheer glow is anything like this, I think I'll pass. I'm sure this would be the perfect foundation for some, but just not me :-(

I read lots of good reviews on this product but i'm really disappointed with it.

first of all, it's very pricey and the packaging isn't that great if i'm honest. It's quite messy to use.

If you have acne i really don't recommend this, i have acne around my chin and forehead and this makes it look so much worse, it's very orange and cakey. My skin is quite pale and i got the lightest shade, it's too dark even if i mix it with moisturiser. Also, this comes off very easily it only lasted a few hours on me.

i'm sorry to be negative but i don't want anyone else to do the same mistake as me.

pros:
- doesn't break you out
- doesn't dry skin

cons:
- bad coverage
- cakey
- orange
- doesn't last on face

on 8/11/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really liked this foundation.. I liked this foundation because it matched my skin tone and was the sheer coverage I was looking for but its just not for people with oily skin. This foundation has a dewy finish and to layer mattifying powder over it just ended up cakey. I will finish the bottle but will not be repurchasing this product 😭

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been using this product for years, ever since I started wearing foundation. Therefore I have never tried any other liquid foundation, but I must like this one because I always repurchase. I have very oily, acne-prone skin so when I tend to find a product that doesn't make me break out, I stick with it. I'm sure there are better drugstore foundations out there but truth is I'm scared to try because my skin is so sensitive.
Pros:
-doesn't break me out
-good coverage
-looks natural
-good price
-has spf

Cons:
-literally an hour after applying, my skin already looks oily
-don't touch your face bc this stuff glides off the skin (at least my oily skin)
-does oxidize a little

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is supposed to be the drugstore counterpart to NARS Sheer Glow and after HATING that foundation I was very skeptical of whether or not this would work for me. But alas, curiosity killed the cat and I just bought it.

Needless to say, I MUCH prefer this to the NARS version. I found that even though the NARS one had "glow" in the name, it dried to a more semi-matte finish. Neutrogena's actually stays somewhat glowy after it has fully set. It isn't a greasy or oily glow, just a nice natural, summer one. Similar to the NARS though I found this dried to dry patches like CRAZY which is kind of annoying but I just have to make sure to exfoliate and apply a good moisturizer beforehand.

I have quite sensitive/breakout-prone skin and after having the last 3 foundations before this one break me out the outlook was bleak. Usually when a face product upsets my skin I can tell by the end of the day because I will have fresh breakouts brewing under my skin. I wore this for a full 8 hour shift and it definitely didn't look as fresh as when I put it on so the staying power isn't phenomenal but there were no breakouts to be seen!!

It's annoying that this foundation doesn't have a pump since it is rather liquidy so I docked a lippy for that. Otherwise a really good foundation for me!

on 7/30/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good basic drugstore foundation. I used this a few years ago and liked it. I was downgrading from high end foundations and used this for about a year. I stopped using it because I bought some higher end foundations again, but I have fond memories of this stuff.

I used to stipple it on using a non-latex sponge. It has medium-full coverage and didn't irritate my acne-prone skin anymore than other foundations. It covered my acne scars well and looked natural when set with foundation. I would buy this again, but am currently going through a foundation-junky phase and am more interested in trying new formulas and products.

on 7/25/2013 8:28:00 PM

awesome foundation!!! definitely the best from the drugstore, in my opinion. I think I'm around a NC25 and I wear natural beige (which is a tiny bit too dark). It blends very easily and makes my skin look flawless and dewy, which I love because I have dry skin. For me, it lasts for 12+ hours. I see other people saying this foundation breaks them out. It doesn't break me out, but I do alternate between this foundation and bb cream, so maybe that's why?

on 7/20/2013 2:00:00 PM

VERY OILY on my skin. Felt sticky all day, would not buy this again. Did nothing for my acne. My skin couldn't breathe under it. Tried with primer and without, no good; felt like a mask. Way too thick. Some amount of coverage but would not use this again. Waste of my money. Hard to match my skin color also

This is the first foundation I had ever purchased and I used it for about a year before moving on. After returning to it a while later, I have to say that it is still among the best foundations I've tried. It provides me with a good amount of coverage, and has a GORGEOUS natural looking dewy finish. I have normal-dry skin so it works especially well for me. I will say that it seemed to make my skin worse, but I wasn't sure if that was the foundation itself or if it was just the fact that I had started to wear foundation. I do agree with the people that say its not very long lasting, and I could especially see it being a problem for those with oily skin, but I personally love it.

on 7/14/2013 2:16:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. It gives the perfect amount of coverage and I love the semi dewy finish. I am a soccer player and I don't always have time to take off my makeup for the practices right after school and this foundation lasts throughout both school and practice. I will continue to re purchase this. The only thing I wish was different is that it had a pump. Other then the packaging I adore this foundation.