December 22, 2014 | 1056 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by MissDolcenGabbana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is awesome, it totally beats my Urban Decay foundation, plus this one is way more affordable. It leaves my skin very dewy and bright. After using this foundation, my skin literally clears up, it is almost as if it helps to reduce pimples. Too bad Neutrogena does animal testing (I do not support animal testing whatsoever), that is the only reason I will not be re-purchasing this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the lightest shade available in Classic Ivory and sadly I found the shade to be a little to dark for me, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. On the positive side this foundation has a silky texture that blends easily onto the skin, provides light coverage, and sets to a glowy - satiny finish. Wear time on my combo skin is good and it lasts all day with diligent blotting and powdering for shine control on my oilier t-zone. The con, besides the lack of a good colour match is the packaging. This foundation is very fluid and without a pump it can get messy. Sadly I wasn't comfortable with the shade match and I gifted it to another person who loves it entirely.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the way this foundation looked on my skin. It seemed like one of those "naked" foundations before it was really a trend. I loved how it made my discolored skin look both even toned and natural. However, the foundation faded away quickly, but more importantly, caused the skin on my nose to peel as if it had been sunburned. I did not feel any burning sensations, I would merely wash my face in the evening, and find all this dead and peeling skin. Once I stopped using it, it heeled again nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me preference this review by saying this is NOT a dupe for Nars Sheer Glow in any way, shape, or form.

I am NC30 or Nars Punjab and purchased this in #60. It was a decent color match. This foundation is pretty liquid-y and provides at most medium coverage. Nars sheer glow starts off with medium coverage and can be built up to full coverage. That's one difference.

The first two hours I had this on..I loved it. Absolutely loved it. I thought this was going to be my HG! But literally just five hours after putting my make up on..this foundation had completely disappeared. GONE. I have acne scars to cover up and I need my foundation to be longwearing because I hate touching up. Note: I have normal/slightly combo skin. Not too oily...I never have to blot during the day.

So I returned this immediately. I had used it with primer, setting powder, setting spray..everything. The staying power was just awful.

This is kind of expensive for drugstore (12-13$) so I would recommend getting this when it's on sale.

Nars sheer glow has waaay better lasting power, color match, and coverage. At the same time...it's wildly more expensive. However I would repurchase the Nars sheer glow just so I have the confidence that my acne scars won't be peaking through in a couple hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are very few foundation that I repurchase, but I have gone through 3 bottles of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid. I am a NC 25 and at first I bought Natural beige, but found it to be a little bit too dark, so on my next purchase I bought Nude and have been using this shade since. I love the fact that this has an SPF 20 in it. The coverage is light to medium and I either use my fingers or the flat top powder brush from ELF to put it on. The foundation itself blends very well and has a natural finish to it without being too dewy. I have dry skin and live in the dessert, but I never had a problem with the foundation drying out my skin or looking cakey. I will definitely repurchase this again. I took 1 star off because of the packaging, wish it came with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation doesn't give continuous hydration, and at the end of the day, my skin had dry lines and felt chapped from dryness. The shade ranges are wonderful, especially for people who have pink undertones. This has a fragrance. This also felt sticky on the face all day. It lasts around 8 or 9 hours. upon washing this off, my face felt somewhat softer, or more than other drug store brands.

Compared to NARS: I wanted to use the healthy skin because it's supposed to be like NARS but with pink tones, but it's really not.It's only noticeably not like NARS if one has skin that needs moisture release throughout the day. NARS is thicker but makes the face so radiant within two uses that many people don't need as many face products in their morning routine. NARS lasts three times longer on my face and gives continuous hydration throughout the day.The problem is that NARS runs yellow and I have to buy two to mix together. If only NARS offered the colors that Neutrogena offers. NARS also has no fragrance. I guess I'm stuck mixing two foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always come back to this foundation and have been wearing it for a few years. I recently tried to switch it out with MUFE HD, and I really think both of them are comparable. My skin is fair, with hormonal break outs around my jaw line, some large pores near my nose, eczema (sensitive and dry). Here is my comparison : both medium coverage- give me a nice dewy (not oily) look - Both cover up my larger pores and any redness due to my eczema - I usually need a concealer on any larger blemishes with both -Neither made me break out - Neutrogena is more affordable, contains spf 20. MUFE has a nice pump bottle & more shades. So, in conclusion, this cheaper foundation is very comparable to a high end, expensive foundation but I will next be purchasing the Neutrogena again (unless I find something better). So far, it's my HG foundation. But, i think Im going to try to Macgyver some kind of pump lid to use or see if I can use the MUFE bottle once its gone. The lid is the only thing I hate about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! My grandma bought it but didn't use it because she loves her L'oreal BB Cream stuff, but I'm sooooo glad she passed the bottle on to me. So first of all, I love how this feels on my skin (even when I'm applying it). It's the perfect amount of creamy that feels squishy and enjoyable when you apply it with your fingers... but it also feels extremely refreshing to apply with a foundation brush! (I use a regular, flat, paintbrush-kind of foundation brush). I shake it before I use it and blow the little bubble that forms before I pour the product out. It is extremely easy to get too much product as there is no pump (which there should be.... unless they would have to make the product thinner which would be a no-no for me), but that's okay because I love the finish and texture of this foundation. It gives the prettiest, satin-dewy finish that I have ever seen in a drugstore foundation. The thing is.... the bottle I have isn't even my right color! I use another concealer on top of it, but I will surely purchase a new bottle in my exact shade. I set this foundation w/ Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder and I'm oil-free for a pretty decent time period. I have combination skin, so I have to appeal to the needs of my dry nose and oily T-zone (fun). This manages to even out both the color and texture of my skin and I'm so glad I know that this product exists. HEALTHY SKIN FOR THE WIN<3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice drugstore foundation. I don't understand what fragrance ppl are talking about. As far as I know mine do not contain fragrance. But I do have a weird experience with the shade.
I bought #60 Natural Beige at Ulta at first. But it was wayyyy too dark for my NC 25 skin. It's weird because I've been reading reviews before I buy and #60 should be the best match for NC 25 with yellow under tone. So I bought another bottle of #60 from walgreens and immediately I can notice the difference when compared to the one I bought from Ulta. The Ulta one is at least two shade darker! I did noticed that the labels are different. Maybe one is new package and one is old.
Now on to the product itself. It's not very long lasting and I can see oil within 4 hours even though I have dry skin. But I really like the consistency and the ability to blend. It offers sheer coverage. But it's quite amazing when mixing with a thicker foundation. Makes it easier to blend and fix the coverage problem if you like more than just sheer coverage. I also bought #10 to mix with all the darker shades foundation I hhave while I like using #60 on itself. It doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since I’ve just purchase my 3rd bottle of this, I thought it was time for a review.

Good Stuff:

The Nude shade is a perfect match for my NC20-25/C2-3 Bobbi Brown Warm Sand skin.

20 SPF provided by titanium dioxide, which is great for those sensitive to chemical sunscreens. ‘Course if you spend most of your day striking a pose, you might not appreciate that titanium dioxide so much.

Lovely natural finish!

Comfortable and light on the skin, Doesn’t accentuate wrinkles or settle in pores

Lasts quite well. I can go about 6 hours without touch ups.

Bad Stuff:

Fragrance. I’ve had no issues with sensitivity so far, but I prefer my foundations to be fragrance free.

The bottle. No pump and the area underneath the cap can get downright grotty if I’m not careful!

Not terribly buildable. At least not without sacrificing the light feel and the natural finish of the makeup. More than 2 light layers gets a bit suffocating for me.

Who’s this best for:
People with normal to dry skin, or the 40+ gals like myself with combo skin. Those who are oily probably won’t get an hour of wear with this.

People who don’t have too much to cover. I have Rosacea and it covers this redness quite nicely, but if you’ve got a good zit going you’re gonna need some concealer.