July 30, 2014 | 1199 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by yasmin_sheridan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best hair product ever. Thank god for a site like MUA, or else I would never have thought to give this stuff a try. The directions on the bottle say that this should only be used on dry hair, but I also use it while my hair is wet and the results are perfect. This serum gives me the best blow-out; totally beats all the expensive stuff I've tried at Sephora. I wish I had discovered this gem sooner. A little goes a long way, even for the driest and frizziest hair, and imparts a glossy shine and softness. Would repurchase until the day I die!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't find this stuff anywhere! All I can find is the smoothing cream. Is it the same?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow what a fabulous drugstore product..I been wanting to try this for a while and i wish i had bought it sooner. My fine hair soaks this thing right up, i use it on wet hair and on dry hair. I get unbelievable shine whenever i use this stuff and i also see less damage while blowdrying so yay!!!!!I will be buying this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by angelarock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this serum after reading all the good reviews. After using it I am left confused and wondering what all the excitement is about??? It did nothing, I mean nothing, for my hair at all. No shine, no diminished frizz and no additional softness. I may as well just have used water. The consistancy is thin and watery and the pump leaks. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this before blow drying to protect from heat damage. My hair is shiny, soft, and smooth without looking greasy/oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by joiedevivre29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very nice! i have very thick, coarse hair with frizz, and this makes my hair very soft and tanglefree. i tried it on at night and the next morning i couldnt stop touching my hair! it doesnt completely eliminate frizz for me, but definitely reduces it. the best part is, it has a pleasant smell and is light: i don't feel like i have some product "sitting" on my hair, like i do with a lot of leave-in conditioners. ahhh..another great drugstore steal =) my only gripe is the bottle is hideous, and the pump on my bottle is malfunctioning somehow, but who cares about the packaging?! definite repurchase! go loreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MeganAirmet

Stop reading this screen and run to your nearest drug store. You need this product. It makes my hair so soft, it smells divine, and honestly I have yet to have a bad hair day when I use this. I have curly hair that I "straighten" with a large barrel curling iron and the effect with this is unbelievable. You will love it!
(side note: Super Skinny makes my hair limp every single time I use it. What a waste of money. Not even comparable.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by penh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is better than Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum--if it's not better, then it's comparable with a lighter feel and much cheaper price. Try it--you've got nothing to lose but frizz!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dianabechillin

I use this product as a leave-in conditioner, and it leaves my long, straight hair feeling shiny and smooth, without being weighed down. In the winter, I used to have such horrible problems with static, and this has made that problem disappear. I don't really like the packaging too mcuh, only because I find it really hard to close the bottle after I've used the product when my hands are kind of slick, but that's such a minor issue considering the amazing results the product gives. UPDATE: After a while, it stops being as effective. It's still a great product, but for heavy-duty shine and smoothness when my hair is particularly dry or brittle, I'm going to stick with my Fekkai glossing cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Y'know, this is one I didn't like a whole lot at first- though I have to admit it was mostly the packaging that pissed me off. The hideous orange pump just annoyed me on sight, and the overzealous pump mechanism just LAUNCHED product. On occasion it squirted- even with a light, careful touch!- several feet to ruin dry-clean-only clothing. Also leaky. But anyway, I realized that I'd definitely let my quibbles with the packaging get in the way of my enjoyment of this truly terrific product. You see, it actually makes my black hair shine like nothing else can- it almost looks like patent leather when I use this. I get tons of compliments specifically on the shininess of my hair when I use it. The smell wears off fast, which is a huge plus in my book (I'm addicted to Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's oils and I hate for any scent to interfere with the chosen oil of the day). Basically this is a fantastic shining product, with crap packaging. I'm going to dump out my newest bottle into another spray bottle, and see if that helps. Anything but the orange bottle of doom! I should also add that while this is the best shine serum out there that I've found (and I've tried a LOT!) it is not the best de-frizzer for me. My hair is very wavy/curly and color treated (and treated, and treated, and treated again) so it requires a fairly heavy product to defrizz. Honestly, this does an OK job but not wonderful. To defrizz I tend to use TiGi After Party, which is my miracle de-frizzer but doesn't shine at all, either before this product or actually mixed in my palm. Together they make my hair actually happy and healthy looking.

EDIT: Wow, I realized actually using this as directed is awesome. I've always previously put it on dry hair. Last night I used two pumps on towel-dried hair, and this morning it looks AMAZING. Perfect, tidy curls, healthy looking, no frizz at all. Not as shiny as it is on dry, but I can always use more on dry hair to get shine. But wow, perfect hair. I'll take it! continued >>