October 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle

I decided to get this because I do a full-contact sport where I frequently get bruises. I've noticed that the bruises I've gotten go away quicker when I use this product twice a day. I also used this on a cat scratch, and it went away really quickly as well. Great product, and I will repurchase when this tin is empty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff actually makes mosquito bites itch less. I live on an island. We have mosquitoes year round. This stuff is a god send. Not too bad for cat scratches, "clumsy dummy" marks, or other little ouchies either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by allsmiles123

The reviews on this product intrigued me enough to buy this. At first I wasn't sure what exactly to do with this product, I wanted to use it on something to see if it worked. Well, I got a cat scratch, about 2 inches long on my neck area (not the most attractive thing), so I used this product. HUGE RAVE...I only used this for about 3 days, twice a day. My scratch was gone after just 3 days with no visible scar left over. I would highly recommend this!

UPDATE 1/17/07: So a couple of days ago I had a small bruise and Res-Q ointment is supposed to work on bruises, so I gave it a go. Well the next day it was nearly gone. Usually when I get bruises they stick around for a week or more. An ointment getting rid of a bruise??...it's unheard of. It seems too good to be true. I will update as more experiences occur.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lulusgreenhat

I swear by this product and it is always in my purse! Very compact and clean and lasts quite a long time! It is great for basically anything- scrapes, burns, cuts, bruises, allergy spots, bug bites. I also use it when I'm on stage acting in the theater or I use it when I'm feeling PMSy or panicky. I rub some Res-Q under my nose and near my nostrals to remind me to breathe in deep--it has a lovely and calming (but not overpowering) lavendar smell. It is very moisturizing as well. It is also great to use as a rub for your feet or cuticles during long car rides.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ycats

Live in New Orleans, lots of mosquitos, this actually takes the sting out immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by wildskinbride1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing!! I bruise very easily and have a huge bruise on my arm. This morning the bruise was a dark brown/red/purple. I applied it twice today (kinda thick) and now the bruise is about 70% better! I can not believe it! It easily sped up the healing process by 3 days.
It's also great for bug bites and little scrapes. The smell is not medicinal, it's fresh and soothing. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness. This is the best-all-around cure for any minor ouchies. It works wonders, especially for bug bites. I take this everywhere. It's totally amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

Love this product. I've been using it for about 9 months. When my son gets bug bites he BLOWS UP from them and they last forever. He must be allergic. I tried putting this on them last spring as soon as he got the bite and within a 1/2 hour they were almost invisible and by morning, almost completely gone, amazing. Saves my poor guy from itching to death from terrible bug bites. It's also good on wounds. Very healing, we will never be without this little miracle in a tin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:24:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get mosquito bites quite frequently, and thus, have tried probably every anti-itch cream on the planet. I was kind of skeptical of this one since those traditional minty Asian kinds work the best for me (the best is this Indonesian one in a green tin with pagodas on it) but I tried this anyway. It has a balm-like consistency and I'm not terribly fond of the smell but it does get the job done. I haven't tried this for eczema or burns or rashes, but it does kill the itch from bug bites quite efficiently. The tin can be annoying, but overal it's a product that performs well enough. I would buy this in a pinch if I was stranded in the US with no access to my lovely pepperminty Indonesian balm, but otherwise, I've already found my HG of anti itch ointments.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers - this stuff really works. I had a small itchy rash on my leg that didn't even heal with prescribed medication, but this got rid of it