December 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream does not work for me. I find that it sits on top of my skin and doesn't sink in. Also, the fragrance in this cream is so strong that it irritates my face. I'm glad that it works for others, but it does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Oliviamata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer! I skeptical at first at buying it because it was for dry skin and it had mineral oil in it(I have oily skin) but low and behold it is amazing! It reduced my oily skin so I have more normal skin now! During winter my nose and cheeks get dry and this fixes it right up! Even in summer this does not make me oily, soaks in quickly, no residue, and did not break me out whatso ever. I shall forever repurchase it! Plus the tub lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a 'lower end' product, I love this stuff. I've been known to be a product and makeup snob, but this is my all time go to moisturizer, especially in the winter. In summer, my skin is always quite shiny (thus oily), but in winter- dry spots like you wouldn't believe! Ponds is a great product and I usually buy the big tub of it and use it as a all-over moisturizer, too. I would suggest though, buying at Walmart rather than a drugstore. Bigger size, cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice moisturizer that I use on days when I want to give my skin a break from the retinol products I use most of the time (Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair in the day and Rapid Wrinkle Repair at night). It's a heavier cream, but goes into my skin well and leaves it very moisturized pretty much all day. I have no problem putting make-up on over it. It doesn't have SPF, so I use regular sunscreen over it if I'm going to be outside.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live in Boston,MA and the weather can be pretty harsh, especially the winters. I used to get random dry patches and flakiness because I didn't take care of my skin. I'm 23 and I use this after washing my face at night and under makeup in the AM.
Pros**
-It makes my skin feel dewy and fresh.
-I like the powdery scent.
-I also I use extra under my eyes and that has save me $$ on eye cream.
-It keeps my skin "dry patch free"

Cons**
-It has no sunscreen
-It's tested on animals :(

I recommend it as an "I'm too drunk to wash my face" makeup remover, "I'm too broke to buy eye cream" eye cream, and a general moisturizer for dry/combination/normal skin. The price is great for its versatility and richness.

--update--
I added a star to make 5. I tried to used other creams for a few months and my skin was terrible. It was dry and flaky and just gross. I bought a new ponds cream and it was perfect. My skin neeeds this stuff. I HIGHLY recommend it for dry,flaky (non acne prone) skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and need something that really sinks in. I used this at night and it felt great. The morning, however, my skin looked worse....dry, wrinkled and dull. Will not use or buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this was a generally good product. There are some pros and cons, like any other product, but overall it's very good. Keep in mind your skin type when buying; this is not recommended for oily skin. It's quite thick. There's a reason why it's called the "Dry Skin Cream." Some people were complaining that it sits on skin and leaves a strange residue. I had no problem with this. I felt that it sunk into my skin nicely and hydrated well.

The cream comes in a pot, which can make for unhygienic use, but I make sure my hands are clean before using it. I saw two sizes where I picked it up (Target), and I got the smaller one. It's got a strange fragrance, not in a bad way. It kind of smells like a classic lotion. It fades after a little bit though. Ponds does test on animals. The cream itself is thick. I recommend for normal skin types to use as a night cream. It works fine for my normal/dry skin as an everyday cream. I massage the cream into my skin when it's still wet for the extra kick of moisture.

Pros
-Price is fair
-Hydrates well
-You get a good amount for price

Cons
-Smell (fades away fast though)
-The packaging

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Sexandtwinkies

I wouldn't buy it more than I do now, but it does an excellent job at getting rid of those dry patches on your skin you can get from the cold weather. Living in FL I'm not used to the cold, but as soon as it dropped 20's here I got rough patches of dry skin that would BURN when I put regular lotion on it and the dry skin was still there, just kind of greasy. I put a small amount of this and noticed it smelt nice, but kind of like an old persons moisturizer... It doesn't linger so that's alright. It got rid of my dry skin in minutes and relieved me, also preventing them overnight, I did get a few breakouts though...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kerryanne44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use this when I was in high school, a million years ago, and recently thought it would be a good idea to try again. But I don't love it as much as I used to and I won't buy it again. My main issues are that it's very greasy-looking (which isn't so bad if you only use it at night), and the fragrance is very strong. After putting it on the other night, my SO told me I "look all buttered-up" and "smell like the perfume counter at Filene's" (an old dept store). It is moisturizing, though, so I will finish up the jar I have, but then return to my HG, CeraVe cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

Ponds Dry Skin Cream is one of the few face creams I have been able to find that evokes no redness or irritation whatsoever. A dermatologist who patch tested me years ago indicated that I am sensitive/allergic to Dimethicone which was news to me because I have never actually broken out into hives. The problem? Dimethicone is an ingredient in over 98 percent of cosmetic and skin care items on store shelves. About to give up, I discovered Ponds Dry Skin Cream, the "caring classic", one of the few drugstore brands that fit the bill.

Most products I buy don't impress me all that much in terms of packaging or labeling aesthetics, but something about the classic look of this product, especially in the smaller sizes, does. A light, white cream, it comes packaged in a cute little translucent tub, with an attractive powder blue cap. (Blue isn't even my favorite color, but if I were painting a room blue, I'd take this cap down to a paint store and have them match it absolutely love it!) I also like the fact that the jar-type packaging allows me to get at every last bit. (And no, I don't worry about contaminating it with my hands because I buy in smaller quantities and use exclusively after I shower. Besides, that's what the preservatives are for. :-)

For years I stuck exclusively with Ponds Dry Skin Cream for my facial moisturizing needs, until I recently got the itch to try anti-aging products in earnest. (It was literally an "itch" --- I had an allergic reaction to an MRI with contrast, with the result being I underwent weeks of persistent, itchy bags under my eyes. That's when I suspended my Ponds ritual in favor of stronger ingredients to bring down the puffy/baggy/deflated balloon appearance.) While I want to give each anti-aging product I'm currently experimenting with a chance to work and early results suggest they are working because even my spouse has commented that my under-eye area has improved some of those products contain Dimethicone (silicone). Consequently, I have recently begun to note some mild redness upon waking in the morning, something I did not experience when relying upon Ponds Dry Skin Cream to moisturize my face and under-eye area.

In the end, because I can't get entirely away from Dimethicone during the day I refuse to give up wearing cosmetics thanks to issues with hyper-pigmentation brought on by occasional hormonal breakouts I've settled for giving my skin a break at night, thanks in no small part to Ponds Dry Skin Cream. In addition to being extremely gentle and deeply moisturizing, I even find the light scent comforting. Ponds Dry Skin Cream is a nightly ritual I'll no doubt stick to in the long run.