April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by marie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm fifteen and I've been looking for a good heavy duty moisturizer for the wintertime. I have very dry and sensitive skin, so it's hard for me to find things that work. I was going to splurge on a high end moisturizer but at the last minute decided to get Ponds Dry Skin Cream Moisturizer just to see if it worked, and I'm SO glad I did. First off, I love the consistency. It's definitely very thick and rich, so you don't need a ton. It has an extremely mild fragrance to it, not bad at all. VERY gentle on my sensitive skin. I use it on my face and neck, and I'm in love. Once I apply it my face feels so soft and moisturized, not greasy. Says on the back that is also hypoallergenic. This is the first time I've ever bought a Ponds product and I love this. Extremely inexpensive, also. I bought it at my local Target for $4.69. Definitely the cheapest moisturizer I have ever bought, and definitely my favorite so far. I also love the packaging. It comes in a 'pot' that I really like, compared to a pump. I feel like you can get more product out of this compared to a pump. Just overall a wonderful product, and I'm definitely going to be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ally5000

I generally just use this at night. (The few times I used it in the morning, it was greasy and I could feel it on my face even hours later.) It's light, albeit oily. It hasn't exactly done wonders for me and I don't feel that this is an exceptional moisturizer.
I bought this a year ago and I still have more than half left, so that's convenient. (Though I won't be buying this again.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by killahmila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin type: oily in the T-zone, noise and dry in the cheeks.

This only works for me during the weather change from summer to fall/winter (I live in Socal so I don't really have a winter season) Because my skin gets a little more dry, I use this as a moisturizer after I wash my face during the night before bed.

I apply this about pea-sized amounts, or less, around my forehead, cheeks, jaw, and sometimes around my eye.

I have only purchased the travel size 1.75 oz for (I think its $1.49 at target) you don't need a huge tube of this, this lasts me about 4-5 months.

Smell: its not unpleasant if you are wondering, its not too powerful either. I'm one for smells, and this doesn't bother me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

I needed a good fall/ winter moisturizer to combat my dry winter skin, and this def does the trick! I usually use the sephora instant moisturizer, but do not have a sephora near me, and i ran out!! so after a quick trip to WM, I saw this, huge jar for like 5$... looked online on my phone for some neg reviews, to see potential problems I could have, and decided to get it, I need to transfer it to a pump container, as I do not like sticking my fingers in a jar of lotion, as it contaminates quickly that way, so I will do that, and it will last MUCH longer!! this is great!! really works with my foundation, and keeps my cheeks and forehead perfectly smooth! i tend to get flaky dry skin on my cheeks in winter, but not with this lil gem in my routine!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jemobe08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely NOT for combination/oily skin....on top of sensitive. As soon as I had put it on, my face looked and felt SOOOO greasy! unlike other creams that start off creamy and greasy, but dries and absorbes off quickly,this doesn't. It just sits there and it feels disgusting, no matter how little you put on..The only thing I did like was the fragrance, but it stops right there. The only reason why I tried this was because I use Ponds Morning Fresh cleansing towelettes which working amazingly. It had suggested to follow by using this cream. Never again will I use this! So, if you have oily/combo skin, stay away from this one, unless you want to have a greasy pizza face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good, basic cream. I use it at night because it is a little too rich for the day time and it doesn't have SPF. It is great for dry, normal skin and my female relatives in Europe always request this cream while I'm asking about German Nivea (goes to show you!). Unless you have an allergy to mineral oil, this is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer makes my skin turn beet red and burn when I apply it. Ouch! I was really hoping to find a cheap, effective moisturizer, but this isn't it. It may be because of the overwhelming amount of fragrance in it. It honestly smells like I'm lathering on a lotion-style fragrance when I apply this. Oh well. It was very cheap and worth a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

I love Ponds cold cream, so I thought I'd give this a whirl. Not so hot. It's actually better for me as a body lotion than a facial moisturizer. Just a little too heavy for me and causes tiny whiteheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLov3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product by Ponds. My mom used to let me use it and now I can't stop. Now, I don't have dry skin whatsoever But I still use it. (As a night moisturizer ) Because it tends to be rather greasy which I don't like having on my face in the morning. But overall, very moisturizing. Will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by truongtuyetlinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is like the cheapest moisturiser that i have ever purchase in my life. It is very effective and the price is just very affordable. However, the only thing that i do not like about it is the mineral oil that it contains. But the rest is just fine, it really did a good job and leaving my skin really soft.