July 24, 2014 | 1593 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Zerzura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best primer. Liked it much better than smashbox and a few other sampled primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pwatters

I got this as a sample; I was using the Smashbox primer, so I didn't rush to try it. When I finally did, I could not believe what it did to my skin. My face looked flawless! My pores disappeared. I could imagine using this and not needing much more to step out of the house feeling well tended! Only...I wish it wasn't a mail order company; I think their minimum order for free shipping is pretty steep, I'm not really interested in auto delivery and I would like to actually see the other products, without having to buy them sight unseen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this
it takes the oil away(for a while) and fine lines. it makes my skin feel very soft and lovely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

This product is not much more than silicone. Unfortunately I didn't know that when I tried it. Yes, it covers skin in a velvety smoothness but it also smothers pores and made my skin break out. Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, HDI / trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, silica, propylparaben.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by rinnaroo

I've wanted to like primers, I truly have. I've just don't really need one and I seem to keep deluding myself into buying them. Velvet Skin Coat isn't too bad as far as primers go. It's easy to put on and work with, and doesn't leave my skin with that funny gooey feeling other primers do. I like the velvety texture and my makeup stays on just as long. What I do like about is that it works as a stand-alone product due to its nice texture. I usually only use foundation in certain areas so this doesn't leave my un-make-up-ed cheeks feeling gooey! If primers are your thing, I'd reccommend it, but since they aren't for me, I'll pass on a second buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

I have only recently begun using primers, but I have to say - this stuff is pretty awesome. It really smoothes out any dryness and DEFINITELY extends the life of your makeup. I don't wear it every day - a little drying for that - but definitely great for a night out. Try a sample - I wasn't even looking for this but I liked it enough to buy the full size. It surprised me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got quite a few free samples of this product, so I never actually bought it. I have very oily skin but a few years ago, my skin was extremely dry from different acne medications. For dry to extremely dry skin, this stuff is amazing. It's a great primer, made my foundation go on smooth and evenly. I loved it. My skin was so soft and glowy. My skin really did feel like velvet. Theoretically, I'd repurchase if my skin became super dry again but for my oily skin, I'd never wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

So far in my search for THE perfect primer this has been my favorite. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love on MUA. It goes nicely. It is not greasy. It feels really very good. It stays put in the summer. AND - my make-up looks great over it: Summer or Winter. I think the price is fair...but it is a small tube. IT even makes your skin look great if you don't wear make-up over it. My combo skin does not experience break-outs from this product. It would be a 5 Lippie if only it had SPF!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LBinNH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As primers go, this is a pretty good one. Gives your skin a nice silky looking finish. I don't think it necessarily keeps your makeup lasting longer and it works best when you first open the tube. Once it gets a little old, it tends to clump together and not work as well. I'm looking for my HG primer, but in the meantime I would purchase this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, the first time I tried this was way back in the past and what I remembered I wasn't liking this product, not really. But this year, I tried the samples few times and I really like it. It controls the oil on my face, no powder touch up necessary, just use blotting paper is fine and makeup last longer. One sample can use up to 3 or 4 times, so don't pile too much one time. I've used Sephora primer before and it's the same benefit. Pretty good product.