September 23, 2014 | 1076 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Kmrai11

I don't like feeling you get with most mascaras that you have 'stuff' on your eyelashes and you feel your lashes are weighing you down. This mascara definitely does NOT give you that feeling. Extremely light and does the job of making my lashes look thicker and defined. I have tried expensive mascaras from Chanel etc but I would definitely recommend this as it's inexpensive and does the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought a ton of Rimmel mascara for under $2 a tube, using coupons and a great sale at Walgreens. I've always been happy with any of their mascaras, but just recently opened a tube of the Extra Lash. Been using it for several weeks and LOVE IT!
I'd ordered a Smashbox Hazel Eyes set and it came with Hyperlash; I thought I'd try the SB mascara because surely it's better. If I had a blind study and had to choose which one was the more expensive mascara, I would have chosen the Rimmel for it's superiority over the Smashbox! The Rimmel goes on great, just a few strokes and my lashes look perfect! The SB product took swipe after swipe after swipe. The RImmel product doesn't flake or run and comes right off with facial cleansing; the SB product was harder to remove.
I'll be sticking with the Rimmel Extra Lash for as long as I can get it, you can't beat the price and the quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I sooo wanted to love this because it was soo cheap (only $2 something for 2 in a pack), however it was only so so...It didn't do much for lengthening or volumizing and this was even after I put it over my UD last primer. If you're looking for a mascara that is very natural looking, this is the one. It didn't really smudge or flake, which is good, but that's the only really positive thing I have to say about this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After years and years, I finally have found a mascara that I love and that works for me. I have sensitive eyes. Most mascaras irritate them so I would avoid wearing mascara altogether. Extra Super Lash doesn't flake, smudge, or have a perfumey scent. Once it's on my eyes I don't even feel it on my lashes. It is buildable, which is a huge plus for me. I can make it daytime or dramatic. It defines REALLY well, so much so that I don't feel a need for liner or mascara because it makes me look so awake. My lashes are long and sparse; this makes them look thick and the formula isn't too wet so it doesn't make mine stick together like most have in the past. I'm so impressed that the quality is so great at such a low price. Definitely my favorite mascara and I will repurchase and HIGHLY recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I really like this stuff. I was looking for an inexpensive mascara and I found this for $7.99, which I think is reasonable. It does a really good job. It's just a nice basic mascara that is really buildable and goes on with ease. I don't get raccoon eyes with this. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Southernbelleky

Love this! I love how this is buildable--you can go from very natural to very "glam." This is my favorite mascara. A great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Broomie4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful essential in my makeup arsenal! Not too thick and not too thin..juuuust right! The wand is nice, not too long so these tired old eyes don't have to strain to see what I'm doing. The trick is to do one quick basic coat, let it dry completely then apply a second coat. Also, they often sell this is money saving two-packs. Nothing fancy but works very well and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Isprinsessen82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It is durable, doesnt clump, flake or smudge (even after wearing it a whole day). It is buildable; one application gives a very natural look, whereas two or more applications gives a more sophisticated look, and a nice volume, without looking overdone, false or "trashy". I dont think it adds that much more length, and it doesnt give the lashes a natural curl, but this can be partially fixed using a lash curler. Other thing I love about this mascara, is that it doesnt have a strong perfume smell like many other mascaras, and the brush is firm and just the right sisze, which makes it easy to work with (There are two versions of this mascara when it comes to brush-shapes; the regular one, and a curved one. I`ve tried both, and I like them eaqually).

I really like the formula; its neither as wet as many other mascaras (for instance Hypnose, YSL Faux Cils etc,) nor as dry (as Max Factor 2000 Calories, some Isadora mascaras etc). It is easy to apply, doesnt dry out or flake, and it is easy to remove it at the end of the day. The only negative thing I could think of, is that if you somehow get water on your lashes, f.i. if you get watery eyes or a few tears when seeing a sad movie, it comes off a little easier than other mascaras I have used. Because of this, I never wear this mascara on my lower lashes, as Im an emotional crybaby when watching movies, and would probably wind up looking like a panda all over if not using another mascara. ;) I really wish they could make a waterproof version of this Rimmel mascara, but for now there`s just the regular one. :-/

The packaging is ok. The ony complaint is that it`s prone to cracking if you accidently drop it on a hard surface. This have happened to me a couple of times, and every time it got a small crack right below the top of the container, which led to mascara being pressed out, and smudging all over. So just be careful not to drop it! ;)

I`ve tried many mascaras over the years, Lancome Hypnose, Definicils, Diorshow, YSL Faux Cils, YSL Everlong, Clinique High Impact, HR Lash Queen, Chanel Cils a cils, Chanel Inimitable, all of them much more expensive, and none of them better than this Rimmel Mascara. Among the cheaper mascaras, the mascara that is comparable and most closely resembles this Rimmel mascara, is the Max Factor Masterpiece (but I prefer the Rimmel mascara, as the Masterpiece is a little pricier).

If your looking for a mascara that will make your lashes look fake and uber-amplified, this is probably not the mascara for you. But if you want a mascara that gives you a natural yet sophisticated and classy look, I highly recommend this mascara! =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by harrup

I think it's a fabulous product which both thickens AND lengthens without clumping, flaking or smearing. And all this at a VERY reasonable price. True, it doesn't have the exaggerated lengthening effect of ,say, YSL's "Faux Cils". To me that isn't a bad thing because it gives a far more natural, less makeup-ey "made up" effect for everyday use than the former.

I took one lippy off because I experienced one or two iffy ones amongst all the Extra Super Lash mascaras I bought over the years. These were indeed a watery, runny, smeary attrocity. Bad bunch, I suppose. But aside from those rare & isolated hiccups I think it's an EXCELLENT product at a super price. Currently, I'm alternating it with Estee Lauder's "Sumptious" mascara and whilst Sumptious does thicken lashes somewhat more - it also flakes more and it 4 times the price! I would heartily recommed trying Extra Super lash. If one would be unlucky enough to get an iffy one...it doesn't come at great expense.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by emilish19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot. I have only been wearing mascara regularly for about a year so I haven't tried a lot of different brands, but I am impressed with this product, especially for the price. I love how cheap this is! Extra Super Lash gives a nice, natural look, which is what I like. It's not super dramatic, but still lengthens and volumizes. If you apply more than like 2 coats it starts to clump, but again, this works for a more natural look. It also lasts all day. I never have to reapply.