October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by sscouterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just painted my nails this color and wow ! I love it ! I can't stop looking at my nails! It took 3 coats to get it to look how it is in the bottle. You could easily do one coat to have a nice sheer nude color on your nails which is just as pretty. I absolutely love this and I am so happy I bought it! It really matches my skin well. I am a nw15 :}} I'm sure it would work well with nw20s too. :DD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Samoen Sand is a nude color with a peachy undertone, but for my pale skin which has cool undertones it seems too yellow, I can't stop thinking about a smoker's nails. I think I need something with a pink undertone instead. The quality is fine, it lasts for 4-5 days and I usually apply two layers. Easy to apply like all OPI polishes becasue of the perfect consistency and nice applicator, but it did streak a little though which I haven't experienced with OPI before. I will not buy Samoan Sand again because the color is too yellow for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very flattering nude on me. It has good shine, I don't have to worry to much if it chips because it won't look too tacky, and it can layered to build the color you want. I did two coats, then the next day followed with an additional coat and it still looks good. If you need a break from colors, this is a good one to try. Its chic and elongates my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great nude shade. I am fair, yellow toned, but do tan in summer. I love this as a summer color; it's a bit too nude for winter, but looks excellent when you have a bit of color. Looks great on both fingers & toes. I always get compliments on this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade! Its a perfect nude for my NC35-40 skin, and looks great on my toes! This, IMHO, is the perfect wedding nail colour. Love love love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jnoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a great color for a "hawaiian french manicure" use a frosted white color polish on tips of nails and samoan sand over entire nail and it mutes the frost but picks up the white for a very forgiving french manicure. remember to use a uv top coat because any nude or sheer color turns yellow without a uv top coat. From a pro nail artist to u guys.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the PERFECT nude for cool tone people. I find that most nudes are either too brown, taupe or orange. This is a really nice neutral nude. Surprisingly it's almost the same shade as my skin, maybe a bit warmer. It really compliments my skin tone quite nicely. Looking forward to wearing this one in the summer when I have some more colour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's very flattering on my pale-but-decidedly-yellow-asian-skintone. It's definitely my nails or better for me. It is sheer, it shows the nail beneath but does not show the slightly yellow discoloration of my nail tips. Perfect with 2 coats, but with 3, it's yellow even for my aforementioned asian skin. No streaks, decent wear (doesn't really show when it chips anyway). I would buy this again, it's the perfect nude nail polish that I could wear for days without getting sick of it (I get sick of brighter colours easily- nudes, I don't even notice them.. hence they go unnoticed without me tiring of them).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The more I used it, the less I like it. It is to yellow to me. My nails look like smoky stain. Not a good clean looking. For clean like your own nail but better looking, I will stick with Bobble Bath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

It took me a while to buy this, despite its many glowing reviews, because it looked so bland in the bottle. And it looked a bit whitish; as if it might go in that jarring dirty-snow color that just looks off on toes. But it doesn't, it comes out a beautiful basic nude that isn't pink or peach but just looks like clean, polished, well-buffed nails. I like it on both my hands and feet and while of course it isn't dramatic or vampy, it is very classic and versatile. It's become my travel polish of choice because it wears well and you can't really tell when it starts to chip or be outgrown.