January 28, 2015 | 1933 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Jenesis914

wow this is an amazingly flattering nude! i usually hate nudes because its either too yellow or too brown on me. this looks like a beige foundation. it looks very chic and is a nice change from french manicures. it applies well and doesnt streak as badly as other creme/sheer shades. 3 coats will give you the color of the bottle but 4 coats will give you complete opacity without any streaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by sscouterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just painted my nails this color and wow ! I love it ! I can't stop looking at my nails! It took 3 coats to get it to look how it is in the bottle. You could easily do one coat to have a nice sheer nude color on your nails which is just as pretty. I absolutely love this and I am so happy I bought it! It really matches my skin well. I am a nw15 :}} I'm sure it would work well with nw20s too. :DD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Samoen Sand is a nude color with a peachy undertone, but for my pale skin which has cool undertones it seems too yellow, I can't stop thinking about a smoker's nails. I think I need something with a pink undertone instead. The quality is fine, it lasts for 4-5 days and I usually apply two layers. Easy to apply like all OPI polishes becasue of the perfect consistency and nice applicator, but it did streak a little though which I haven't experienced with OPI before. I will not buy Samoan Sand again because the color is too yellow for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very flattering nude on me. It has good shine, I don't have to worry to much if it chips because it won't look too tacky, and it can layered to build the color you want. I did two coats, then the next day followed with an additional coat and it still looks good. If you need a break from colors, this is a good one to try. Its chic and elongates my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great nude shade. I am fair, yellow toned, but do tan in summer. I love this as a summer color; it's a bit too nude for winter, but looks excellent when you have a bit of color. Looks great on both fingers & toes. I always get compliments on this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade! Its a perfect nude for my NC35-40 skin, and looks great on my toes! This, IMHO, is the perfect wedding nail colour. Love love love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jnoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a great color for a "hawaiian french manicure" use a frosted white color polish on tips of nails and samoan sand over entire nail and it mutes the frost but picks up the white for a very forgiving french manicure. remember to use a uv top coat because any nude or sheer color turns yellow without a uv top coat. From a pro nail artist to u guys.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the PERFECT nude for cool tone people. I find that most nudes are either too brown, taupe or orange. This is a really nice neutral nude. Surprisingly it's almost the same shade as my skin, maybe a bit warmer. It really compliments my skin tone quite nicely. Looking forward to wearing this one in the summer when I have some more colour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's very flattering on my pale-but-decidedly-yellow-asian-skintone. It's definitely my nails or better for me. It is sheer, it shows the nail beneath but does not show the slightly yellow discoloration of my nail tips. Perfect with 2 coats, but with 3, it's yellow even for my aforementioned asian skin. No streaks, decent wear (doesn't really show when it chips anyway). I would buy this again, it's the perfect nude nail polish that I could wear for days without getting sick of it (I get sick of brighter colours easily- nudes, I don't even notice them.. hence they go unnoticed without me tiring of them).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The more I used it, the less I like it. It is to yellow to me. My nails look like smoky stain. Not a good clean looking. For clean like your own nail but better looking, I will stick with Bobble Bath.