OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 5/24/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the perfect nude! I've been searching for a nude polish for a whiiiile now. Most were to orangy or yellowish. It goes with everything since it has no orangy or yellow tones to it. When I saw this polish it reminded me of a mocha latte, with lots of milk to get that perfect smooth nude. It is the perfect light nude. Just beautiful!

I love, love, love this polish!!! This is now my go-to neutral color. I love the beige, it goes well with my fair-medium skin tone and even when I tan during the summer. I work in a professional atmosphere, so loud colors do not work for me for everyday. This is perfect. Goes on creamy and doesn't streak as much as some creamy polishes do. I will be holding onto this shade for a long, long time!!

on 5/3/2010 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Beautiful nude beige that goes on streak-free and creamy. If you do one coat, it's perfectly sheer and gives you the clean lightly manicured look. If you do two coats, it looks like a creamy nude base and three coats (doesn't look good one me) but ends up looking exactly like the bottle. A very milky creamy with a touch of beige and nude and a hint of pink. Great on my NC20 skintone but a little too brown based to be my holy grail or to use for frenches.

EDIT: 5 Lippies!! I use this with over one coat of sheer white base and it's my holy grail. The cleanest, best french I've ever had!

on 4/25/2010 2:03:00 AM

wow this is an amazingly flattering nude! i usually hate nudes because its either too yellow or too brown on me. this looks like a beige foundation. it looks very chic and is a nice change from french manicures. it applies well and doesnt streak as badly as other creme/sheer shades. 3 coats will give you the color of the bottle but 4 coats will give you complete opacity without any streaking.

on 3/21/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I just painted my nails this color and wow ! I love it ! I can't stop looking at my nails! It took 3 coats to get it to look how it is in the bottle. You could easily do one coat to have a nice sheer nude color on your nails which is just as pretty. I absolutely love this and I am so happy I bought it! It really matches my skin well. I am a nw15 :}} I'm sure it would work well with nw20s too. :DD

on 3/6/2010 2:34:00 PM

Samoen Sand is a nude color with a peachy undertone, but for my pale skin which has cool undertones it seems too yellow, I can't stop thinking about a smoker's nails. I think I need something with a pink undertone instead. The quality is fine, it lasts for 4-5 days and I usually apply two layers. Easy to apply like all OPI polishes becasue of the perfect consistency and nice applicator, but it did streak a little though which I haven't experienced with OPI before. I will not buy Samoan Sand again because the color is too yellow for my skintone.

on 2/22/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very flattering nude on me. It has good shine, I don't have to worry to much if it chips because it won't look too tacky, and it can layered to build the color you want. I did two coats, then the next day followed with an additional coat and it still looks good. If you need a break from colors, this is a good one to try. Its chic and elongates my fingers.

on 2/8/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great nude shade. I am fair, yellow toned, but do tan in summer. I love this as a summer color; it's a bit too nude for winter, but looks excellent when you have a bit of color. Looks great on both fingers & toes. I always get compliments on this shade.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this shade! Its a perfect nude for my NC35-40 skin, and looks great on my toes! This, IMHO, is the perfect wedding nail colour. Love love love it!

on 2/7/2010 9:27:00 PM

this is a great color for a "hawaiian french manicure" use a frosted white color polish on tips of nails and samoan sand over entire nail and it mutes the frost but picks up the white for a very forgiving french manicure. remember to use a uv top coat because any nude or sheer color turns yellow without a uv top coat. From a pro nail artist to u guys.

Popular Polishes