Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, milk protein, glycerin, myroxylon pereirae (balsam Peru) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, glycoprotein, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene. *Organic

on 5/13/2008 5:20:00 PM

This conditioner left my hair greasy and weighted. It felt like I needed to wash my hair multiple times a day even if I used very little. Another reason I won't buy it again is it's not vegan
(Glycoprotein from oyster shells). I do love their Chamomile Volumizing Conditioner though. Their ingredients are more minimal too, which is a plus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow. I had to return this conditioner! I went out and purchased for my damaged hair after reading reviews. Couldn't believe it when it made my scalp itch and burn and then made the ends of my hair feel like if I rubbed them together I could make fire! super drying! weird! Smell was also very strong and menthol.
UPDATE: i asked about this conditioner at an upscale salon. She said with this and other protein treatments either u love it or u hate it. she said that like me, it made her hair feel really dry like straw. too much protein is even worse than not enough for hair.!!

on 4/15/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am allergic to mainstream conditioners - the fabric softener ingredients in them, gives me a form of eczema on my hands. So I've been looking at natural products - however, many of them have those same ingredients and/or they have such strong essential oils that they burn my hands and ears - or the fragrances are so overwhelming they give me headaches/congestion. I gave this one a try - and I didn't care for the smell - it's pretty overwhelming. I also found the result of this to be pretty heavy and oily - plus, my hair does not care for protein. So I tried the Swimmers Conditioner, but I found that too drying.

Hands down one of the best conditioners I've ever used and i've used them ALL. It made my coarse hair soft, bouncy, the most manageable i've ever seen it. The fragrance is lovely, natural and lingers quite longer than most. This product is just as good or better than my beloved Kiehl's Olive fruit oil conditioner except its 1/3 of the price. In addition to being crazy affordable for such a nice product, its also certified 100% cruelty-free. P.S. I would recommend this to anyone that is trying to replace Aveda's discontinued Deep Penetrating Revitalizer. These two products are remarkably similar.

I've tried GPB conditioner a couple of years back and really liked it. The other treatments/ conditioners I currently use work just as well as this one. I personally find it a bit to pricey since I am a student on a budget, but I would repurchase this when i have extra $$ to spend. The only thing I did not like was the scent. I am looking to try Live Clean shampoos and conditioners as they are cheaper but also organic/vegan thus containing essential oils for optimum hair health.All in all, GPB is a great product. Come to think of it I should have spent the money that I had on this rather than Kerastase's Oleo Relax conditioning treatment:/. The former works out to be affordable since there the quantity is much more. GPB is great for the hair, IMO.

on 2/24/2008 3:48:00 PM

I absolutely love this. I've never been concerned about silicones, etc in my shampoos and conditioners, so I tend to buy regular brands at the drugstore or mall. However, I've been having that weird post-pregnancy hair thing happen, where it's falling out in droves and being very touchy...brittle and dry and unmanageable (it's a hormone-drop, the OB told me with both my babies). SO, after reading the reviews, I tried this. It's fabulous, and I'll be buying the shampoo to go with it. You can also buy a small bottle to try it out for just a few bucks.

on 1/29/2008 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the shampoo gave me migraines, but this conditioner is a keeper! it doesn't contain any silicones, just natural moisturizers. the cream itself is pearly and smooth... i massage it into my long blond/thick/slightly coarse hair and leave it on for a few minutes. when i rinse, my hair is really soft. certainly not slippery-feeling like when i use silicone-laden products, but i like that nothing is coating my hair. it has really moisturized my hair and imparted a healthy shine to it. i believe i've found my HG!

on 1/17/2008 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great conditioner if you want extra body and volume. However, I noticed that it didn't really help soften my hair. I used it two years ago when my hair was really dry and damaged due to over coloring, and since I didn't notice any softening, I stopped using it. I think I am going to try it again now that my hair isn't damaged. I am really impressed with the ingredient list and I love the fragrance. I'll update my review once I've tried it again.

on 12/16/2007 1:12:00 AM

Great conditioner with easily pronounceable ingredients. You don't see that everyday. It smells really nice, too. Much better than the Honeysuckle Rose. Two thumbs up! Fine holiday fun.

on 10/10/2007 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great conditioner! I usually use it as a treatment, I put it in and leave it on my hair at least 20 minutes. My hair is always super soft, fluffy and shiney after using this. It has really helped with breakage and split ends also. This will definately be a stape of mine!