April 21, 2014 | 1932 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shrae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I must admit that this is my HG product. I haven't found any other "thing" that I can not live without. I knew that this was the soap for me when it actually removed my antiperspirant/deodorant. Now, I know that sounds funny, but I have tried every soap on the market and none seem to remove deodorant! Also, this removes water proof mascara, gel liner, lip stain, etc. I did try the "facial" versions of this soap for my face, but found them to not be as effective. I also tested this against other higher end/priced facial cleansers and found this to be my favorite. Also, the cost is great! I recently found a bundle pack at Target that was less than $10.00 for 3 bars. The only down side to this bar is that everyone in my house loves it, so I can only put one bar out at a time and "stash" the rest for my personal use! Oh, and unlike the liquid Cetaphil, it has a great light scent :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by PrettyStylist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this soap just recently coz i had a few rashes on my arms which i didn't have before. The rashes are now clearing and my skin is not itchy anymore. I have sensitive skin but I'm stubborn and still try different products. I guess I'll have to stick to this one coz it's doing a great job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I've been a fan of Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser and their Normal to Oily Cleanser for years, but kept hearing good things about their cleansing bars as well. After trying all three over prolonged periods of time, I have to say that the Cleansing Bar is by far the most effective and my favorite. The Gentle Skin Cleanser tends to leave a bit of residue that requires toner to completely get rid of, and the Normal to Oily Cleanser irritates my contact lenses when I accidentally get it in my eye. The Cleansing Bar, however, does exactly what it is supposed to do: it produces a creamy lather that takes off all of my makeup without any irritation (tightening of skin) or residue. I've been alternating this with Simple's Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel, and my skin is incredibly soft and glowing. The only reason I knocked packaging quality down to 4 lippies is because it tends to get a bit melty in the soap dish, even if I keep it out of the shower, but that isn't a huge inconvenience. The price is very reasonable as well, especially if you can get the 3-pack from Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by prillita

I keep coming back to this bar . . . lately I've been realizing that it does a great job of calming the redness of my skin and never ever irritates it. It's great! Also, like others have said it's not drying. Sometimes I can even go without using moisturizer afterward, especially if I've been having problems with pimples, etc. lately. For me the only drawback is that it does irritate my eyes and so I can't always get all of my eye makeup off because it stings.

Overall it's great! and cheap!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by perfectcatholik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm embarrassed that I tried so many other cleansers. I was literally rubbing and exfoliating my skin to death. Proactiv, Rare Minerals, Neutrogena, Clinique -- the whole range. This is perfect, gentle. I swear by toner, so this particular cleanser leaves me not-so-irritated and therefore buffered enough that my toner's not, like, paint thinner. woo!

Edit: Went back to using, you know, "fancy" cleansers and my skin is much cleaner. Less buildup. Sorry, Cetaphil. Don't mean to knock you down a peg.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by deedee54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleansing bar. I had been using the Cetaphil liquid cleanser for awhile on the advice of my dermatologist, but always had a hard time removing all my make-up. I realize now that the liquid cleanser wasn't meant for make-up removal. The bar, on the other hand, foams really well and removes every last trace of make-up and it leaves my skin soft and smooth and not dry at all. The only thing I'm not wild about is the scent - would be so much better if it were fragrance free.

And I've been using what I have left of the liquid to remove my eye make-up. Just a few drops on a cotton ball and it's gone! Plus, it's really gentle, doesn't irritate at all and doesn't leave an annoying film on my eyeballs!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the one for dry skin. I find that it does not make my skin feel dry or anything, but it does sting my eyes if I get too close to them while cleansing. It has an odd scent, which I dislike, and I'd think they'd leave that out of a soap designed for sensitive skin, but I don't find it to be overly bothersome. It makes my face feel clean without drying, and I have not experienced any breakouts using this product. I find that it works very well for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Enneagram1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this soap in my quest to find the perfect facial cleanser for my oily, super-sensitive rosacea skin. This bar of soap impressed me because it is not the least bit drying, but it does truly clean your skin. It also reduced the redness of my rosacea. I thought I had found my Holy Grail soap! But, about two weeks after I started using this soap, I was finding tiny whiteheads on various spots on my face. (I'm not sure if it is due to the fragrance or if the soap is a bit too moisturizing for my face.)

I rated this soap with 4 lippies because I think it would be a great facial cleanser for most people, but I can't use it as my regular facial cleanser. I DO use it in my shower to clean the rest of me, and my other (non-facial) skin is no longer dry. The soap has a nice scent, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally bought Cetaphil because my skin is dry and sensitive. Not to mention, everyone raves about Cetaphil. This soap didn't make my skin worse or better, it didn't do much of anything. To be completely honest, I might as well have just been washing my face with water. The first night I switched my cleanser, my skin improved immediately. Cetaphil gets a lot of hype but it just doesn't do anything for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by amietron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Cetaphil bar is a great alternative to the liquid gentle cleanser. I keep a bottle of the liquid and a bar at my bathroom sink so I can pick one depending on my skin. If I feel like my skin feels a little bit dirtier than normal (wearing lots of makeup or sunscreen), then I'll go with the bar. Unlike the gentle cleanser liquid, this will sting your eyes.