Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

3.7

Petroleum Distillates, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Water, Paraffin, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Rice Starch, Polyvinyl Laurate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Olyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Green, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 12/15/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara. The tiny brush is cute and works well. I find this disappears by the end of the day but I don't get any smudging so it's not THAT big of a deal.

on 11/21/2009 3:26:00 PM

I was drawn to this product while it was still "new." Well, what can I say? First of all, the name of the product is called, 'Lash Discovery.' Did I discover renewed eyelashes after? Apparently, no. The mascara is at most average at lengthening. The small brush is cute though, but I believe as a customer, I deserve more. It is probably best for the lower lashes.

on 11/3/2009 2:33:00 AM

I've been using this for a few days, and so far:
PROS:
- the tiny brush, obviously. i use this for my bottom lashes, and my top inner and outer corner lashes. it reaches them perfectly with no smears on my lid or cheek. this is clearly the main draw, and i have to say that when i finish my mascara every day, it looks FABULOUS. finding those corner lashes definitely makes them "fan out" more, and gives the overall impression of much fuller lashes. this is entirely due to the teeny-tiny brush.

CONS:
basically everything else.
- for one, it seems to me that, fresh out of the package, the tube was way less than half full of product. i'm willing to allow that this could very well be because i bought an old tube that had been on the shelf for way too long, but it could also be because the formula is really dry, and as such it dries up to nothing in the tube in very short order. either way, my inner tightwad really doesn't like paying full price for less than half a tube of mascara.
- the worst part: this stuff just DISAPPEARS. seriously, i will put this on in the morning, and check my makeup two hours later to find it completely GONE, my bottom lashes absolutely bare. it is the weirdest thing. and it's not like it's flaking off onto my cheeks or smudging away, either (which i do appreciate, i guess). it's nowhere to be found! poof, gone. so strange.

SO, as much as i wanted to adore this, i just can't. i do love the brush, and will probably just use it with my normal mascara (prestige's my biggest lashes).

on 10/13/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara. It's definitely not best used when you want extreme lashes, but it helps my lashes pop. I have medium brown eyes and medium brown hair, so I use the Very Black formula when I want my eyes to pop, but not be right up in your face.

I use an eyelash curler before I apply this, then I apply, then brush, then curl again. I know you're not supposed to use the curler after you apply, but I do it softer afterward and haven't seen any decrease in the strength or loss of my lashes.

This is best used for business casual dress or everyday wear. I've worn it overnight (awful, I know), and the next morning the smearing is minimal (but yes, there is still smearing). I don't normally use eye makeup remover, but instead close my eyes and wash them as I wash my face with my Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash and it comes off just fine.

For the price, this mascara is definitely worth a shot. I have been using it for a year now and have never had a faulty bottle. Definitely my go to mascara!

on 10/9/2009 1:16:00 AM

I have long lashes, they aren't super thick but do need definition. I use this mascara on my lower lashes and have for years. It defines them and makes them stand out. I always get complements on my lashes. I am a contacts wearer too, and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. And it has a pretty good staying power. It doesn't start clumping until it starts getting old which is in a month to three months depending on how much I use it. I wear Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Waterproof with vitamin E on my upper lashes. These two products work great together. I definately recommend this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised that I haven't written a review for this already! This is my HG mascara (although I do like Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint, I think it is a bit clumpy). I always return to Lash Discovery and I like to try different mascaras as often as possible!

One thing I noticed in other reviews is that people didn't like how quickly this dries. True, this is an extremely dry formula, which works really well if you have fine lashes like I do. I curl my lashes (have to!) and this is one of the only (if not THE only) mascara that holds a nice curl for me throughout the day. So, if you have fine or sparse lashes, this is definitely a product that you should try.

That being said, it's not the darkest, most thickening formula out there. I'd prefer to use something that gives me huge lashes, but the truth is that my lashes can't handle a lot of product on them. They fall completely flat and then it looks like I have NO eyelashes. So, this product does wonders to make it look like I have nice lashes! What more could I ask for? It's not for everyone, but it's a treasure for those of us who struggle with heavier mascaras and can't wear most of what's out there.

on 9/29/2009 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Seeing that the applicator is super tiny, I bought this mascara intending to use it just for my bottom lashes.

The applicator is made of traditional bristles, and are coiled around the wand in a spiral shape -- a pretty good design to grab and coat all of the little bottom lashes and even those on the inner and outer corners of the upper lash line.

At first, this mascara did a nice job in darkening, defining, and lengthening my bottom lashes. Even though I was careful to close it tightly after every use, the formula still dried up much too quickly to my liking.

I really wanted to love this mascara. The packaging is great and the applicator is perfect, but in the long run, the formula leaves much to be desired.

on 9/11/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like it. I like the way the mini brush lets you get to your bottom lashes. I was surprised there were no clumps....they always have clumps, especially when lower priced. I would buy this product again.

on 9/10/2009 2:24:00 AM

I've had this mascara for a while now. I love that fact that the brush is so small because it can get in those hard to reach places. If you have the money to splurge and get this for those little place I highly recommend it.

on 8/25/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara. This is great for asian lashes especially those hard to reach areas. It separates each lash as well. I love it!!!!!!!