January 28, 2015 | 1289 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It's definitely not best used when you want extreme lashes, but it helps my lashes pop. I have medium brown eyes and medium brown hair, so I use the Very Black formula when I want my eyes to pop, but not be right up in your face.

I use an eyelash curler before I apply this, then I apply, then brush, then curl again. I know you're not supposed to use the curler after you apply, but I do it softer afterward and haven't seen any decrease in the strength or loss of my lashes.

This is best used for business casual dress or everyday wear. I've worn it overnight (awful, I know), and the next morning the smearing is minimal (but yes, there is still smearing). I don't normally use eye makeup remover, but instead close my eyes and wash them as I wash my face with my Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash and it comes off just fine.

For the price, this mascara is definitely worth a shot. I have been using it for a year now and have never had a faulty bottle. Definitely my go to mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beautygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long lashes, they aren't super thick but do need definition. I use this mascara on my lower lashes and have for years. It defines them and makes them stand out. I always get complements on my lashes. I am a contacts wearer too, and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. And it has a pretty good staying power. It doesn't start clumping until it starts getting old which is in a month to three months depending on how much I use it. I wear Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Waterproof with vitamin E on my upper lashes. These two products work great together. I definately recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by JesssicaRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that I haven't written a review for this already! This is my HG mascara (although I do like Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint, I think it is a bit clumpy). I always return to Lash Discovery and I like to try different mascaras as often as possible!

One thing I noticed in other reviews is that people didn't like how quickly this dries. True, this is an extremely dry formula, which works really well if you have fine lashes like I do. I curl my lashes (have to!) and this is one of the only (if not THE only) mascara that holds a nice curl for me throughout the day. So, if you have fine or sparse lashes, this is definitely a product that you should try.

That being said, it's not the darkest, most thickening formula out there. I'd prefer to use something that gives me huge lashes, but the truth is that my lashes can't handle a lot of product on them. They fall completely flat and then it looks like I have NO eyelashes. So, this product does wonders to make it look like I have nice lashes! What more could I ask for? It's not for everyone, but it's a treasure for those of us who struggle with heavier mascaras and can't wear most of what's out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by meticulous26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Seeing that the applicator is super tiny, I bought this mascara intending to use it just for my bottom lashes.

The applicator is made of traditional bristles, and are coiled around the wand in a spiral shape -- a pretty good design to grab and coat all of the little bottom lashes and even those on the inner and outer corners of the upper lash line.

At first, this mascara did a nice job in darkening, defining, and lengthening my bottom lashes. Even though I was careful to close it tightly after every use, the formula still dried up much too quickly to my liking.

I really wanted to love this mascara. The packaging is great and the applicator is perfect, but in the long run, the formula leaves much to be desired.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by linda0518

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. I like the way the mini brush lets you get to your bottom lashes. I was surprised there were no clumps....they always have clumps, especially when lower priced. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

I've had this mascara for a while now. I love that fact that the brush is so small because it can get in those hard to reach places. If you have the money to splurge and get this for those little place I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara. This is great for asian lashes especially those hard to reach areas. It separates each lash as well. I love it!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually kind of love this mascara. When I saw the brush, I was like no way.. but it works surprisingly well! And after a few coats, I have amazing length. Wouldn't have tried it if it weren't for a few people on MUA so I'm glad I did!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this specifically for my sparse, thin lower lashes. Don't see what good it would do on the upper lashes. That said...

...I hate this mascara. I can't get over how dry the product is. I needed my lower lashes "discovered," and this mascara failed to do so. I figured the tiny brush would do the trick...this mascara is really dry and made my lower lashes look spidery and weird. No new lashes were discovered, and the ones I knew about just ended up looking worse.

I've gotten better results on my lower lashes with...well, just about any other mascara. Maybe I'll just save the narrow little brush from this one and use it in another mascara tube. Or maybe the whole thing will go in the trash. We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

My upper lashes are quite thin but I have a lot of them, and they are a decent length, but my lower lashes are virtually nonexistant.

* THICKENING & LENGTHENING - This mascara isn't intended to create massive volume or length. The small brush gives you a very fine coat and just the perfect amount of definition, and is especially good for the lower lashes and short upper lashes.

* SEPARATION - Very good. My lashes never get clumped together and you can apply many coats of this until you're happy. Never have to comb. Or maybe that's because my tube was pretty dry when I got it.

* CURL HOLDING - Fine.

* VERDICT - An indispensable mascara that you just need if you want to get the shorter lashes, or if you want a quick, light coat - nothing thick or dramatic - before you head out.

* NOTE - Many people rely too much on their mascaras to give them long, curly lashes and are disappointed when they do not perform. You have to realise that the lash curler does half the job - the key to getting pretty lashes is to rely on your curler AND mascara 50:50. A Shiseido curler (as an example) gives MUCH more dramatic results than a brand-less $1 drugstore curler. I'm not about to launch into a lash curling 101 so go to the curler reviews for that. xD

EDIT: Dropping down 1 lippie because it's not as great as I once thought.

- - -