Got this specifically for my sparse, thin lower lashes. Don't see what good it would do on the upper lashes. That said...
...I hate this mascara. I can't get over how dry the product is. I needed my lower lashes "discovered," and this mascara failed to do so. I figured the tiny brush would do the trick...this mascara is really dry and made my lower lashes look spidery and weird. No new lashes were discovered, and the ones I knew about just ended up looking worse.
I've gotten better results on my lower lashes with...well, just about any other mascara. Maybe I'll just save the narrow little brush from this one and use it in another mascara tube. Or maybe the whole thing will go in the trash. We'll see.
My upper lashes are quite thin but I have a lot of them, and they are a decent length, but my lower lashes are virtually nonexistant.
* THICKENING & LENGTHENING - This mascara isn't intended to create massive volume or length. The small brush gives you a very fine coat and just the perfect amount of definition, and is especially good for the lower lashes and short upper lashes.
* SEPARATION - Very good. My lashes never get clumped together and you can apply many coats of this until you're happy. Never have to comb. Or maybe that's because my tube was pretty dry when I got it.
* CURL HOLDING - Fine.
* VERDICT - An indispensable mascara that you just need if you want to get the shorter lashes, or if you want a quick, light coat - nothing thick or dramatic - before you head out.
* NOTE - Many people rely too much on their mascaras to give them long, curly lashes and are disappointed when they do not perform. You have to realise that the lash curler does half the job - the key to getting pretty lashes is to rely on your curler AND mascara 50:50. A Shiseido curler (as an example) gives MUCH more dramatic results than a brand-less $1 drugstore curler. I'm not about to launch into a lash curling 101 so go to the curler reviews for that. xD
EDIT: Dropping down 1 lippie because it's not as great as I once thought.
- - -
PRICE  | PACKAGING  | REPURCHASE [maybe]
i bought this just mainly to use on my bottom lashes and then bought another waterproof mascara for my top lashes. what i discovered is that i just really really like this itty bitty little wand... i use it on my lower lashes as i thought i would, and its perfect, i can get every little lash down there! then i also use it on my top lashes. for me i always have issues getting the lashes on the very inner most and outer most corner of my eyes, but with this? no more issues! so, i use this all over my top lashes in a thin coat, because this lengthens them perfectly! no volume really, but then i go over with a bit of my other mascara that i bought for volumizing and what do i get? super dark, super long, super thick lashes! this doesnt flake either! i do like this mascara a lot and its even better that maybelline mascaras go BOGO so often! :D
Dried out so quickly! I know the tube only had like 5ml of product but it dried up before I could finish using it.
Great for reaching all lashes.
Bad: Nothing.... special. And still smudged.
Might buy again if I was seriously strapped for cash and lost all my other mascaras (which is almost impossible considering how I have 7). But honestly, I'd much rather try a different mascara.
This is now my HG mascara, along with Kiss Me. It looks like I have a little mascara on great lashes, but it's really a great mascara on little lashes!
I stumbled onto this not even knowing it had a mini brush. After using Lash Blast for a month, I went back to this for a another try, and it was a relief. (Last Blast's brush is just too clunky and makes a mess!) I'm definitely going to buy more Lash Discovery before they reformulate or discontinue it.
Lash Discovery really does extend and locate lashes! The tiny brush makes it so easy to get right against your lashline and get every tiny lash. This mascara makes my eyes look bigger and my lashes look huge!
The formulation is nice and smooth, not chunky and not wet, so the curl stays.It's a perfect dark black. Love it!
I don't know why people are complaining so much about this mascara!! IT DOES NOT >>GIVE VOLUME!? you know WHY? because it doesn't say it does!! it does just want it says..it lengthens and seperates which is perfect!! I hate nothing more then clumped up lashes! I really like this mascara it gets in the areas bigger brushes can't and its a more defined looks..so people read the package before you buy..if you want a mascara that volumizes ..get one that says it does..just a tip lol
This is a great mascara for younger girls because
1. the brush is small and easy to handle
2. The look it gives is natural and not showy or obvious
I wouldn't recommend to an adult though because there are much better mascaras on the market and it doesnt look much different from your regular lashes.
This is perfect for my lower lashes & the lashes in my inner corner on my upper lid...but that's it. As an all over mascara this doesn't really do much & makes my lashes look plain. The brush is perfect though to get into the hard to reach lashes. I haven't experienced any smudging problems which is definitely a plus.
I loved the tiny wand! It coated all my lashes even ones I couldn't see. It gave a nice natural finish to my eyes. Best of all it didn't smudge on my oily lids.