September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by meticulous26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Seeing that the applicator is super tiny, I bought this mascara intending to use it just for my bottom lashes.

The applicator is made of traditional bristles, and are coiled around the wand in a spiral shape -- a pretty good design to grab and coat all of the little bottom lashes and even those on the inner and outer corners of the upper lash line.

At first, this mascara did a nice job in darkening, defining, and lengthening my bottom lashes. Even though I was careful to close it tightly after every use, the formula still dried up much too quickly to my liking.

I really wanted to love this mascara. The packaging is great and the applicator is perfect, but in the long run, the formula leaves much to be desired.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by linda0518

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. I like the way the mini brush lets you get to your bottom lashes. I was surprised there were no clumps....they always have clumps, especially when lower priced. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

I've had this mascara for a while now. I love that fact that the brush is so small because it can get in those hard to reach places. If you have the money to splurge and get this for those little place I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara. This is great for asian lashes especially those hard to reach areas. It separates each lash as well. I love it!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually kind of love this mascara. When I saw the brush, I was like no way.. but it works surprisingly well! And after a few coats, I have amazing length. Wouldn't have tried it if it weren't for a few people on MUA so I'm glad I did!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this specifically for my sparse, thin lower lashes. Don't see what good it would do on the upper lashes. That said...

...I hate this mascara. I can't get over how dry the product is. I needed my lower lashes "discovered," and this mascara failed to do so. I figured the tiny brush would do the trick...this mascara is really dry and made my lower lashes look spidery and weird. No new lashes were discovered, and the ones I knew about just ended up looking worse.

I've gotten better results on my lower lashes with...well, just about any other mascara. Maybe I'll just save the narrow little brush from this one and use it in another mascara tube. Or maybe the whole thing will go in the trash. We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

My upper lashes are quite thin but I have a lot of them, and they are a decent length, but my lower lashes are virtually nonexistant.

* THICKENING & LENGTHENING - This mascara isn't intended to create massive volume or length. The small brush gives you a very fine coat and just the perfect amount of definition, and is especially good for the lower lashes and short upper lashes.

* SEPARATION - Very good. My lashes never get clumped together and you can apply many coats of this until you're happy. Never have to comb. Or maybe that's because my tube was pretty dry when I got it.

* CURL HOLDING - Fine.

* VERDICT - An indispensable mascara that you just need if you want to get the shorter lashes, or if you want a quick, light coat - nothing thick or dramatic - before you head out.

* NOTE - Many people rely too much on their mascaras to give them long, curly lashes and are disappointed when they do not perform. You have to realise that the lash curler does half the job - the key to getting pretty lashes is to rely on your curler AND mascara 50:50. A Shiseido curler (as an example) gives MUCH more dramatic results than a brand-less $1 drugstore curler. I'm not about to launch into a lash curling 101 so go to the curler reviews for that. xD

EDIT: Dropping down 1 lippie because it's not as great as I once thought.

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [5] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this just mainly to use on my bottom lashes and then bought another waterproof mascara for my top lashes. what i discovered is that i just really really like this itty bitty little wand... i use it on my lower lashes as i thought i would, and its perfect, i can get every little lash down there! then i also use it on my top lashes. for me i always have issues getting the lashes on the very inner most and outer most corner of my eyes, but with this? no more issues! so, i use this all over my top lashes in a thin coat, because this lengthens them perfectly! no volume really, but then i go over with a bit of my other mascara that i bought for volumizing and what do i get? super dark, super long, super thick lashes! this doesnt flake either! i do like this mascara a lot and its even better that maybelline mascaras go BOGO so often! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dried out so quickly! I know the tube only had like 5ml of product but it dried up before I could finish using it.

Great for reaching all lashes.

Bad: Nothing.... special. And still smudged.

Might buy again if I was seriously strapped for cash and lost all my other mascaras (which is almost impossible considering how I have 7). But honestly, I'd much rather try a different mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by AntoniaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is now my HG mascara, along with Kiss Me. It looks like I have a little mascara on great lashes, but it's really a great mascara on little lashes!

I stumbled onto this not even knowing it had a mini brush. After using Lash Blast for a month, I went back to this for a another try, and it was a relief. (Last Blast's brush is just too clunky and makes a mess!) I'm definitely going to buy more Lash Discovery before they reformulate or discontinue it.

Lash Discovery really does extend and locate lashes! The tiny brush makes it so easy to get right against your lashline and get every tiny lash. This mascara makes my eyes look bigger and my lashes look huge!

The formulation is nice and smooth, not chunky and not wet, so the curl stays.It's a perfect dark black. Love it!