October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by peo189

I use this product in coordinate with Chanel foundation Pro Lumiere and they both work well together, I use the Chanel Universelle Comacte in translucent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I have this in DORE 3 and I love this. I set my cream to powder with it and use it as a touch up powder through the day. I used to use Chanel's Double Perfection til they reformulated and it never was the same, but they have the best quality ingredients and this is the same as a blotting powder, but so much better. I need only touch up maybe once or twice with this in the Las Vegas heat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the mat lumiere foundation from chanel, and it usually starts to melt after 4 to 5 hours. But if i apply this powder over my foundation, it gives me a mat finish and my makeup stays for the whole day! i think it works really well to control the shine

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder does not melt into your skin - it sits on top of it looking very unnatural. Even when applied lightly with a brush it just doesn't blend well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years and had been satisfied up until recently. For some reason, I have the lightest translucent but it becomes mask-like on me and is sitting more and more in my pores and creates a mask of lines all over the place. Some would say that I am getting older, but without makeup my skin is smooth and when I use Dior or Guerlain, my skin is pretty, so it must be the product. The colour is a little too dark for me now, even in the lightest shade, and I am very unhappy with the result now. I don't know if the formula was changed - I bought two about a year apart and I am having trouble with both of them! So, I am afraid that Chanel has finally almost completely lost me after being a long-time customer (over 20 years). I am very happy with Dior and with Guerlain's pressed powders - they give me the light and luminescence I am searching for without turning into a strange mask. I still give it a 4 because I was very happy with this product for a long, long time, so the mark needs to reflect that, but I wouldn't repurchase again anymore. boo hoo

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by saeuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is gorgeous, and even though the little applicator (which resembles the pathetic offspring of a cloth and a puff more than anything else) is basically useless, it's a very, very nice powder. 70 Beige matched my skin tone perfectly, but I imagine that the translucency makes shades suitable for more than one tone. It gave my normal-to-slightly-dry skin a nice finish, but I can't speak to its oil-absorbing capacities.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JulieZhu

great powder, really make my skin looks "flawless",the only drawback is it fails to control my oily T-zone.
The package is classic and elegant,easy to carry around for some touch-ups,i like the mirror a lot but hate the ugly pad with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by lubenica1

I have had this compact for 5 years now, and still haven't used it up, even though I use it almost every day. So, in terms of value, it is excellent.
It is very finally milled, it sets foundation/eyeshadow beautifully, does not look cakey or artificial and the colour is really natural on me - I am PPP with pinky complexion. It does what it is supposed to do but it is almost unnoticeable itself on the face, which is great!

It is not marketed as an oil control product, so for the very oily skined people, it might not be perfect. However, it is great for normal to dry skins, even a bit oily is fine, but not too oily.

The coverage is light, and if used alone, it just gives lovely matt-translucent look to the skin.
The only remark I can make is that the spongy aplicator is a bit flimsy and cheap but it still works. Perhaps if I washed it once in a while, it would work better, lol.
Overall, a very good product that does not clog pores and lasts forever. I will definitely buy it again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Babyseita

Okay I took off 1 lippie because the price of this with tax comes out to about $50. And for package quality I gave this a 3 because for $50 the outside of this compact should be made of some sort of rubber/cushioning material in the event that if it falls to the ground $50 doesn't crumble into a million tiny pieces.
Other than that, this is my HG for powder. I love this stuff. It doesn't make me break out (knocks on wood) and it sits on top of my skin (as opposed to absorbing into my skin and needing to reapply). As the name says, it's translucent to some degree. If you're looking for powder to cake on and make your skin look gross, this IS NOT your powder. This powder will even out your skin a bit and do a fabulous job in covering shine. It lasts a long time, as in hours, and the amount of product lasts a long time too (for me it last about 4-6 months).
I made this my powder a few years ago and never turned back. When I do have to repurchase I *HATE* shelling out $50, but I know this product performs and is always good to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Lexxe

I have this powder in Translucent 2. I use this over my Dior foundation and find that it sets really well and gives just enough 'mattification' to look polished but not "painted". I have found that it's easy to be a little heavy handed and end up looking a little too powedery, so definitely start out very lightly and build up. I actually don't hate the applicator like so many others seem to, it does the job! And of course, the packaging is adorable. I only wish the price was a little lower, but it should last at least a year if not longer. My last one lasted a good 2 years.