Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

I cannot rave enough about this powder. I was looking for something that was natural, but at the same time controlled shine, and boy did it get the job done. It leaves a beautiful matte finish when applied to shine prone areas, but it's not obvious that you're wearing powder at all and gives you beautiful flawless skin. Love love this product, will definitely buy when i run out (which i suspect would be a long time) and the packaging sure does look sexy.

on 11/18/2009 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this powder daily to set my foundation. It gives my skin a beautiful, flawless, natural looking finish. Unless it's particularly hot or humid, I can usually go all day without any touch-ups. It does not cause breakouts, clogged pores, or irritation for me. It also photographs beautifully with absolutely no white cast.

on 11/8/2009 8:39:00 AM

I use this product in coordinate with Chanel foundation Pro Lumiere and they both work well together, I use the Chanel Universelle Comacte in translucent.

on 9/11/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in DORE 3 and I love this. I set my cream to powder with it and use it as a touch up powder through the day. I used to use Chanel's Double Perfection til they reformulated and it never was the same, but they have the best quality ingredients and this is the same as a blotting powder, but so much better. I need only touch up maybe once or twice with this in the Las Vegas heat!

on 8/19/2009 1:45:00 PM

I use the mat lumiere foundation from chanel, and it usually starts to melt after 4 to 5 hours. But if i apply this powder over my foundation, it gives me a mat finish and my makeup stays for the whole day! i think it works really well to control the shine

on 7/22/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder does not melt into your skin - it sits on top of it looking very unnatural. Even when applied lightly with a brush it just doesn't blend well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for years and had been satisfied up until recently. For some reason, I have the lightest translucent but it becomes mask-like on me and is sitting more and more in my pores and creates a mask of lines all over the place. Some would say that I am getting older, but without makeup my skin is smooth and when I use Dior or Guerlain, my skin is pretty, so it must be the product. The colour is a little too dark for me now, even in the lightest shade, and I am very unhappy with the result now. I don't know if the formula was changed - I bought two about a year apart and I am having trouble with both of them! So, I am afraid that Chanel has finally almost completely lost me after being a long-time customer (over 20 years). I am very happy with Dior and with Guerlain's pressed powders - they give me the light and luminescence I am searching for without turning into a strange mask. I still give it a 4 because I was very happy with this product for a long, long time, so the mark needs to reflect that, but I wouldn't repurchase again anymore. boo hoo

on 6/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

The packaging is gorgeous, and even though the little applicator (which resembles the pathetic offspring of a cloth and a puff more than anything else) is basically useless, it's a very, very nice powder. 70 Beige matched my skin tone perfectly, but I imagine that the translucency makes shades suitable for more than one tone. It gave my normal-to-slightly-dry skin a nice finish, but I can't speak to its oil-absorbing capacities.

on 5/12/2009 8:08:00 PM

great powder, really make my skin looks "flawless",the only drawback is it fails to control my oily T-zone.
The package is classic and elegant,easy to carry around for some touch-ups,i like the mirror a lot but hate the ugly pad with it

on 3/30/2009 8:16:00 AM

I have had this compact for 5 years now, and still haven't used it up, even though I use it almost every day. So, in terms of value, it is excellent.
It is very finally milled, it sets foundation/eyeshadow beautifully, does not look cakey or artificial and the colour is really natural on me - I am PPP with pinky complexion. It does what it is supposed to do but it is almost unnoticeable itself on the face, which is great!

It is not marketed as an oil control product, so for the very oily skined people, it might not be perfect. However, it is great for normal to dry skins, even a bit oily is fine, but not too oily.

The coverage is light, and if used alone, it just gives lovely matt-translucent look to the skin.
The only remark I can make is that the spongy aplicator is a bit flimsy and cheap but it still works. Perhaps if I washed it once in a while, it would work better, lol.
Overall, a very good product that does not clog pores and lasts forever. I will definitely buy it again when I run out.