November 21, 2014 | 1761 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by OneEva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG HG HG HGGGGG! I'm up to my 26th bronzer and I think I've finally found my HG bronzer.
The texture is not liquid, not cream or powder but mousse when you touch it but once it's applied it turns to powder. Feels like a dream when applied to your face and works a lot better when applied with a fluffy brush (I don't recommend using it with the MAC 109 brush because it sheds -__-). If you do try and apply it with your fingers first it just looks all sorts of wrong, patchy, thick and streaky. Not nice.
The colour has a hint orange but not orange orange mixed with a caramel colour. Even though it's got orange in it you don't look orange once it's applied in my opinion. I find it suits a lot of different skin types because I've put some on my friend who's quite fair in comparison to me (I'm olive/tan). However I don't think it would work on really dark skined people because it is a caramel colour rather than a dark brown.
One of the reasons I love this product is that it's semi-matte and works so well as a contouring colour. Since it's semi-matte it gives you a nice subtle glow but not too much glow that it's a terrible contour. If you're not planning to use it as a contour bronzer it also works well to warm up the face and give the sun-kissed glow. It also has a divine smell that reminds you of a meadow of flowers mixed in with fruit. Also the smell lasts quite a while after you apply it which is an added bonus. The packaging also looks very nice. It's a nice product that doesn't deserve to be hidden in a drawer, definitely sit-on-vanity worthy.
I find this is also really long lasting. I had an experiment with this vs Nars Laguna bronzer with my friend and we found that this lasts a lot longer than the Nars Laguna. And i swear we used the same amount of brushstrokes each time during application. Plus its one ounce.
This is definitely a bronzer worth testing for yourself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was too orange. Good consistency/formula though. Wish it came in a compact with mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

i love using this to contour my face. it blends beautiful and doesn't look harsh on my pale skin. im in between an nc20 and nc25 right now. this product is very buildable, and i never have to worry about applying too much. the mac 109 brush is perfect for this product. love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jillianliqi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Just started out on bronzers and bought bare mineral's Warmth. Then i decided to get something more neutral cos something too brown can really make u look weird in daylight. So there, bought this. (purely cos the dior counter was empty and after swatching their bronzers i found them too yellow.. and i was quite drawn to the consistency of this.... its like yea...soap bar texture but a had mousse during application)
Didnt like it at first. Thought it looked way orange on my NC20 skin (and i am seriously considering changing my foundation to a NW15 cos NC20 is looking quite yellow on my pink undertoned skin) btw.

THEN the magic happened when i changed my brushes...at first i used the kabuki which i used on warmth....then i used a blush brush, which still looked orange. THEN i used a face powder brush. yea u got me right, a powder brush from body shop... its paddle shaped so u can focus and seriously, if u use something less dense than a powder brush ( like some yotubers said use a mac 109..i dont know y but it didnt work for me) it just won't work.

The mousse takes a few strokes to come off so its very buildable because every stroke only gives you that much colour. And im not exactly a morning person so a dense brush that gets more product at one go works better for me i guess.

But yes...at first i HATED it but now, i will definitely buy it again.

Update 20/5/10 :
Ok the best way to use this, stipple your paddle brush in and then start stroking in the product. That way u get the right amount. It will look streaky when you put it on your face but after blending, it looks AMAZING. Oh btw, i tend to put a little more before i leave home as the colour will settle in and it'll look really natural even tho at first it might look a tad too much or slightly orange. There was a period of time i even brought this OUT WITH ME over a compact just to add a little bit more for touchups cos it will settle in. NOT disappear, but SETTLE IN. (since my skin is being temperamental, and now its "dry skin season" i dont really need a compact.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by palomino1701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Orange. And that's all I have to say about that.

11 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I love, love, love, LOVE this product, which has recently been relaunched as Soleil de Tan. As far as I know, however, nothing has changed - it's still in the same large plastic tub, with a unique consistency (it's like gel married mousse). The color is a milky caramel brown, one that suits my golden NC25 perfectly. It's sheer and buildable, thus making it my favorite product to both bronze and contour my round, fair-to-medium toned face. The color is so subtle you couldn't detect an obvious contouring color; yet if I leave it out, I definitely feel like my face is missing definition. I use an angled brush by CoverFX to apply this beneath my cheekbones, and a smaller angled eye shadow brush for the sides of my nose.

Not cheap, that's for sure, but it lasts forever. Definitely deserves holy grail status - and that's something I rarely say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Great alternative bronzer to add to my stash aside from my HG Nars Laguna. This is the exact same product relaunched with the name "Soleil Tan De Chanel" for 2010.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, the packaging is beautiful (shatterproof tub but a bit big), smells divine and applies like a dream. The mouse consistency sort of looks like a dessert...in between a gel and a cream.

The color payoff is definitely more of a caramel brown v. NARS Laguna's milk chocolate brown. This looks great on my NC40 spray tanned skin, but color only builds up to a certain point. Skin feels oh so soft but this will take off other makeup in it's application if you aren't careful. After all, this is a makeup base being used as a bronzer. On fair skin, this really looks lovely.

If you're looking for an alternative formula to use and different color, this is a great product. It's not my HG but comes in as #2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ellesee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There's not much I can say about this that others haven't already said. It's just lovely. Beautiful colour for my extremely pale (almost translucent) pink-toned skin - when applied lightly it looks like the colour I would go if my skin were capable of tanning even a little! So soft and beautiful and glow-y. It's also great when I'm fake tanned as it's very buildable. I love absolutely everything about this and I'm so glad I took a chance on it (got it from Strawberrynet!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Am I the only one who finds this orangey? I'm an NC37-40 and this just screams orange on my yellow toned skin. It's so pricey and not worth the price IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lizzyroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first after swatching this cream bronzer,i thought it may be too light. I am not very dark but i do have a tan complexion. For reference, i am a MAC NC35-37, clinique golden neutral. But after reading so many fantastic reviews i decided to pocket out the money for it. The real reason it had taken me so long to buy it was because it was SO pricy. But this bronzer looks beautiful on skin with a warm complexion!!! I must say that it may be too orange on very fair complexions, if applied too heavily. And i do feel, that if you had a darker skin tone than mine it wouldn't work as a bronzer but maybe as a base to make your skin look warmer?

The consistency is like a soap bar. It goes on your skin very smooth and creamy but sets to almost a mousse/powder look. It really just looks like your skin!

This product on my skin looks very natural and gives me a very sun kissed-warmth-from-within kind of look. i use it to contour and give very subtle definition but it just adds warmth to my skin and looks amazing with blush. i use a dense synthetic flat top brush to buff it into my skin. It really makes my skin look flawless, natural, and healthy. I notice in the mornings my skin can look really dull and after foundation your face just looks flat. This bronzer puts the life back into your face.
You don't need to use a lot and you get 1oz. of product. It is expensive but it is worth the splurge! It is the only bronzer i use.