April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I love, love, love, LOVE this product, which has recently been relaunched as Soleil de Tan. As far as I know, however, nothing has changed - it's still in the same large plastic tub, with a unique consistency (it's like gel married mousse). The color is a milky caramel brown, one that suits my golden NC25 perfectly. It's sheer and buildable, thus making it my favorite product to both bronze and contour my round, fair-to-medium toned face. The color is so subtle you couldn't detect an obvious contouring color; yet if I leave it out, I definitely feel like my face is missing definition. I use an angled brush by CoverFX to apply this beneath my cheekbones, and a smaller angled eye shadow brush for the sides of my nose.

Not cheap, that's for sure, but it lasts forever. Definitely deserves holy grail status - and that's something I rarely say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Great alternative bronzer to add to my stash aside from my HG Nars Laguna. This is the exact same product relaunched with the name "Soleil Tan De Chanel" for 2010.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, the packaging is beautiful (shatterproof tub but a bit big), smells divine and applies like a dream. The mouse consistency sort of looks like a dessert...in between a gel and a cream.

The color payoff is definitely more of a caramel brown v. NARS Laguna's milk chocolate brown. This looks great on my NC40 spray tanned skin, but color only builds up to a certain point. Skin feels oh so soft but this will take off other makeup in it's application if you aren't careful. After all, this is a makeup base being used as a bronzer. On fair skin, this really looks lovely.

If you're looking for an alternative formula to use and different color, this is a great product. It's not my HG but comes in as #2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ellesee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There's not much I can say about this that others haven't already said. It's just lovely. Beautiful colour for my extremely pale (almost translucent) pink-toned skin - when applied lightly it looks like the colour I would go if my skin were capable of tanning even a little! So soft and beautiful and glow-y. It's also great when I'm fake tanned as it's very buildable. I love absolutely everything about this and I'm so glad I took a chance on it (got it from Strawberrynet!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Am I the only one who finds this orangey? I'm an NC37-40 and this just screams orange on my yellow toned skin. It's so pricey and not worth the price IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lizzyroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first after swatching this cream bronzer,i thought it may be too light. I am not very dark but i do have a tan complexion. For reference, i am a MAC NC35-37, clinique golden neutral. But after reading so many fantastic reviews i decided to pocket out the money for it. The real reason it had taken me so long to buy it was because it was SO pricy. But this bronzer looks beautiful on skin with a warm complexion!!! I must say that it may be too orange on very fair complexions, if applied too heavily. And i do feel, that if you had a darker skin tone than mine it wouldn't work as a bronzer but maybe as a base to make your skin look warmer?

The consistency is like a soap bar. It goes on your skin very smooth and creamy but sets to almost a mousse/powder look. It really just looks like your skin!

This product on my skin looks very natural and gives me a very sun kissed-warmth-from-within kind of look. i use it to contour and give very subtle definition but it just adds warmth to my skin and looks amazing with blush. i use a dense synthetic flat top brush to buff it into my skin. It really makes my skin look flawless, natural, and healthy. I notice in the mornings my skin can look really dull and after foundation your face just looks flat. This bronzer puts the life back into your face.
You don't need to use a lot and you get 1oz. of product. It is expensive but it is worth the splurge! It is the only bronzer i use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveandsoul

Love THIS! dosent break me out looks sooo natural and flawless. I use it on my cheekbones and buf it in with my NARS #19 bronzer brush! beautiful every guy/girl needs to own it at least once!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by mindynguyen27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love it! i dont really used it around my face bc i cant really see it on my skin and it rubs off my concealer when im putting it on, so maybe when my skin is clearer and i dont need concealer it will be be better. but i love this as a contour for my nose! since its kind of creamish at first it makes contouring my big ole nose look more natural! the color of it is perfect! i love this =) itll last me 1000 years bc i only use it once a day on such a small part of my face

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

GREAT PRODUCT!

The color of this bronzer is what makes it so great. Some bronzers look like you have mud on your face when you apply them all over, but this one looks like a glowing natural tan. This is the perfect product for me because I do tan my body but not my face; so this is great to even myself out.

HOW I APPLY:
At first you may wonder how to even use this because it is the consistancy of a soft soap. I found that the best way to use it is with a fluffy blush brush. I take my blush brush and swirl in the container and lightly buff this product on my cheeks, forehead, and under my neck.

I know this product is a little pricey but a little bit goes along way so this container should last you for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer i've ever used! You can put as little or as much on as you like, because it's not a powder (more like a moose that turns into a powder when applied) it looks really natural, so easy to apply. Looks amazing in the winter to build colour over foundation, or in the summer to give a gorgeous boost to an existing tan. I love Chanel packaging, it lasts a long time as well, I've had mine for almost a year and i would say i have just under half left, and i use it every day!

Although, because of the nature of the bronzer (its not a powder, sort of a moose) you probably wont be able to use a bronzer brush you already have. It has to be a large firm brush that allows you to sort of blot or jab the bronzer instead of sweeping the brush over it - its impossible to use fingers as well, because as i said before it's not exactly a moose its like a cross between a moose and a powder, very hard to describe! The best to use is the Chanel brush that's especially for bronze universel, just ask at the counter - this brush can be used for powder bronzers/blushers as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cant live without this bronzer! I use self tan religiously every week on my body but havent been able to find a tanner for my face that wont break me out, so i needed to find a bronzer that i could use to match my ghostly white face to my brown body! I used to use pressed powder bronzers, but i needed more all-over coverage which i couldnt have with a powder because it would become more and more cakey/muddy looking on my face. Then i found this bronzer by Chanel, which is meant to be an illuminating make up base but i use this ontop of my foundation and its amazing! It comes in a big circular tub which lasts for ages and is a creamy-gel like consistency. It gives the most glowy, sunkissed look which u can build to very tanned, i found the best way to do this is with the Chanel Le Petit Pinceau which i use to buff it in all over. Sometimes if im just popping to the shops ill put it on bare skin and it still gives a flawless, radiant finish.
The only downside is that some days, it can become a bit blotchy a few hours in but thats more of an issue with my skin than the product and it can easily be controlled with loose powder or blotting sheets.