TiGi Bed Head Manipulator

Aqua (water/eau), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, PVP/VA Copolymer, Petralatum, Oleth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Oleth-3, Oleth-5, SEA-Oleth-3 Phosphate, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl, Tetrastearate, PEG-6, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl alcohol,Coumarin, Limonene, PEG-45M, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

on 1/28/2008 4:43:00 PM

Smells good very sticky but works ok. Would rather have it in a pump instead of a jar but thats me. I really dont us this stuff anymore it just sits with the other products that i do use daily. Ive had to us it a couple of times on my husband hair but it ended up flakey on him he didnt like it and hates the smell. When i did use it it really didnt have a staying power for when i wanted a flip out. will not buy again

on 1/13/2008 2:44:00 PM

Bed head Manipulator is a firm favourite with both boys and girls in our student house. It's certainly not cheap, but it does last forever, especially the Big Daddy size.

It has a fruity, coconut smell (think Pina Colada) which I love, and is a gooey, putty-like consistency. You only need a little to work into your style, it's easy to over do it.

The product is suitable for all hair lengths - short especially. You can have a nice piece-y look, and it's great for adding a little texture to layered hair. I used it mainly to scrunch into my wavey hair for more volume, or to stick down those annoying fly-aways.

The only thing I don't love is the packaging - sticky fingers! I would prefer a tube, or a lid that won't rust (yes, it lasts that long!) but I really can't complain too much.

on 1/4/2008 10:06:00 AM

When I had really short hair I would buy this, but it was a little too pricey, so I had to stop using it. I loved the way I could mold and sculpt my hair and it would shampoo out. You can put too much of it in your hair though because then it looks greasy and gross and majorly clumps together.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think that I am on my third or fourth jar of this stuff. I try to find something new, because I am not completely sold on the gooeyness of the texture, but I return. Several times now. I do like the hold, and how I can mold my hair in several different ways. I can tell when I have a bit too much as it gets greasy in my hair, but I have gotten better at judging how much to use. I have used this in my hair at several different lengths, and find that it is appropriate for my bobbed length, and now the short, cropped length. Will continue to repurchse, and especially when they have the buy a hairspray for a buck deal!!

on 11/26/2007 3:00:00 PM

This product is fantastic! I have mid-length wavy hair and after blow-drying it, I take a very small amount of the product, place it in my palm and rub my hands together. I then "shape" my hair from about an inch from the roots outward - but avoid putting it directly onto the roots. Basically I lift and shape it keeping in mind that I'm trying to use as little of the product as possible. I then spray it lightly with hairspray. I'm finding that I'm using way less hairspray - and as a result I have tremendous body and movement without the stiffness of the hairspray. Today it rained and I thought for sure that my hair would be a tacky mess after commuting to work in this humid downpour. But to my delight, my hair held it's shape better than when I would use the hairspray alone. And not only that, but I only have to fluff and shape my hair and the style comes back - even if it does get a bit misshapen or if I just want to reshape it. The weather really didn't affect it at all. The trick with using this product is to be careful to not use too much. The temptation is to use more, but you don't need it and if you overdo it, you'll end up with "flathead." LOL . I am also very impressed with the way it washes out - NO RESIDUE. I also think it's a terrific price because you get so much for your money. The tub I just purchased (it's the big daddy size) is HUGE and will probably last me the rest of my life. I'm not crazy about the rusting lid - but I just won't keep it in the bathroom where it tends to get humid.

This is definitely a product worth trying if you haven't already. I recommend it not only for short hair because I can attest to it working very well on my layered shoulder length hair. Terrific product and will most definitely buy again - if I ever finish it.

on 11/26/2007 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love it! This made my hair do exactly what I wanted it to (separate and define piecey chunks) and it held it that way all day with just an extra spritz of hairspray! The smell is a bit overpowering at first (think Pina Colada), but goes away within seconds of using it. The jar is going to probably last me for years - I only had to tap my fingers on the top of the stuff to get enough. As for the texture, it is kind of like the inside of a roasted marshmallow...taffy-like and gooey.

on 11/22/2007 11:37:00 AM

Waaay too sticky, greasy, and messy for me.

on 10/31/2007 10:50:00 AM

I have short (2-3 inch), very thick, coarse hair. I was looking for a product to achieve a chunky, spikey, non-greasy look, like this http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery/fiche.php?id=415

Unfortunately Manipulator didn't work well for me. The hold simply isn't strong enough to clump the hair together. My hair just looks a bit greasy (I've tried using a little, using a lot, dry hair, damp hair etc).

I also found the coconut/pineapple fragrance a bit cloying and cheap smelling. The packaging is also a bit naff.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Adds definition and makes my makes my hair more workable. Consistency is kind of gooey and sticky but it works. It also provides no shine which is fine with me, but if your looking for more shine this probably isnt for you.

on 9/23/2007 8:31:00 PM

This is so much fun! I'm so wierd about my hair care products! I don't like any styling products that make my hair stiff, sticky,greasy or hard. This stuff is wierd. It has a wierd texture to it and makes your hair feel.... unique. Its hard to describe. Its kind of greasy, but not in a way that I mind. You can style your hair anyway you want with this stuff. Its really cool. The only problem I had with it, was if a did major sweatting, it would drip down my forhead and give me breakouts. But if I were just going out, this stuff really helped. It dosen't add any shine at all, its just a stying product. This is definatly something you have have to try if you have short hair.

Popular Styling Products