April 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Manipulator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by CooCoo4Coco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is fantastic! I have mid-length wavy hair and after blow-drying it, I take a very small amount of the product, place it in my palm and rub my hands together. I then "shape" my hair from about an inch from the roots outward - but avoid putting it directly onto the roots. Basically I lift and shape it keeping in mind that I'm trying to use as little of the product as possible. I then spray it lightly with hairspray. I'm finding that I'm using way less hairspray - and as a result I have tremendous body and movement without the stiffness of the hairspray. Today it rained and I thought for sure that my hair would be a tacky mess after commuting to work in this humid downpour. But to my delight, my hair held it's shape better than when I would use the hairspray alone. And not only that, but I only have to fluff and shape my hair and the style comes back - even if it does get a bit misshapen or if I just want to reshape it. The weather really didn't affect it at all. The trick with using this product is to be careful to not use too much. The temptation is to use more, but you don't need it and if you overdo it, you'll end up with "flathead." LOL . I am also very impressed with the way it washes out - NO RESIDUE. I also think it's a terrific price because you get so much for your money. The tub I just purchased (it's the big daddy size) is HUGE and will probably last me the rest of my life. I'm not crazy about the rusting lid - but I just won't keep it in the bathroom where it tends to get humid.

This is definitely a product worth trying if you haven't already. I recommend it not only for short hair because I can attest to it working very well on my layered shoulder length hair. Terrific product and will most definitely buy again - if I ever finish it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! This made my hair do exactly what I wanted it to (separate and define piecey chunks) and it held it that way all day with just an extra spritz of hairspray! The smell is a bit overpowering at first (think Pina Colada), but goes away within seconds of using it. The jar is going to probably last me for years - I only had to tap my fingers on the top of the stuff to get enough. As for the texture, it is kind of like the inside of a roasted marshmallow...taffy-like and gooey.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by etrupiano

Waaay too sticky, greasy, and messy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by spawnchorus

I have short (2-3 inch), very thick, coarse hair. I was looking for a product to achieve a chunky, spikey, non-greasy look, like this http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gallery/fiche.php?id=415

Unfortunately Manipulator didn't work well for me. The hold simply isn't strong enough to clump the hair together. My hair just looks a bit greasy (I've tried using a little, using a lot, dry hair, damp hair etc).

I also found the coconut/pineapple fragrance a bit cloying and cheap smelling. The packaging is also a bit naff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by highheelsrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Adds definition and makes my makes my hair more workable. Consistency is kind of gooey and sticky but it works. It also provides no shine which is fine with me, but if your looking for more shine this probably isnt for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by poodlelova14

This is so much fun! I'm so wierd about my hair care products! I don't like any styling products that make my hair stiff, sticky,greasy or hard. This stuff is wierd. It has a wierd texture to it and makes your hair feel.... unique. Its hard to describe. Its kind of greasy, but not in a way that I mind. You can style your hair anyway you want with this stuff. Its really cool. The only problem I had with it, was if a did major sweatting, it would drip down my forhead and give me breakouts. But if I were just going out, this stuff really helped. It dosen't add any shine at all, its just a stying product. This is definatly something you have have to try if you have short hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, the scent: oh, it's divine! A fruity coconut that lingers on after you've applied it to your hair. The product itself is sadly rather average, a very very sticky gunk that gives medium hold and some shine. It never quite dries so it does allow for restyling hours after you've first applied it. But I don't like the fact that it doesn't seem to give my short hair the hold I want. Some days, after using this, I end up looking like I have flat, dirty hair, and who'd want that? For an evening out when I want a messed up look that I can touch and restyle during the evening - this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have longer, very thick, wavyish hair. I love Manipulator. The smell is so yummy, I like that it lasts in my hair. I can use it in my wet hair and it gives me soft waves without frizz. If I use it in dry hair it tames any flyaways and gives me a nice piecy look. I keep trying other putty products but always come back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Pondle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was one of the first new wave putty-type products I used, way back in 2001 when spiky/messy styles were 'in' for guys. It promises a matte finish and hold, but delivers neither. Never has my hair looked so greasy as when I used this coconut-scented blue gunk. The single redeeming feature is that it does add a lot of volume. But for a piecey, textured look, a complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

I had forgotten how much I loved Manipulator being that I just purchased a tub and it has brought back memories. I adore the smell-beacy, slightly fruity-amazing! It looks like a thick, smurfy blue pudding and it is a tad sticky but I love working with it. My hair is short, fine, messy, spikey styled and I simply rub this together in my hands and piece it throughout my hair when it is dry. It provides shine, volume and awesome style. You have to be a little careful with this goop when you are taking it out of the tub as it can be messy but the results are well worth it. A little does go along way. I really don't find alot of build-up and it washes easily out of my hair. You can even dampen you hair ever so slightly and re-style. While not "waterproof" it does hold a style in a variety of weather conditions. Great for women and men! Got2be Glued would be my second choice in the yellow stand up tube. Highly recommend!