October 21, 2014 | 1905 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lizqt1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retin-Amicro 0.04% left areas aroung my mouth and nose very irritated and grossly peeling. I tried yube cream, cervae, natural oils moisturizers with ceramides etc etc. Finally found this on my bedroom bookshelf forgotten months ago and put it on before bed. Always thought of it as just vaseline but this is something more and dont know what it is but Next morning my skin was soft plump no peeling, relaxed without the itching or burning. Finally something that will help with irritation from starting a retinoids. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product - can be used for anything. I tend to use it in the evening as it is quite heavy and needs time to soak into skin. I especially use this in the dry winter months. Great on dry lips, hands, feet, elbows - I have even occasionally used it on super dry patches on my face. Bottle goes a very long way as you only need a small amount. If I ever run out, I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Amersari

Wow. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold.

I bought it after having had a stubborn eczema spot above my eye that didn't budge for 3 months and countless products. I love wearing eye shadow and eye makeup and was heartbroken that I couldn't (even though during this time I kept *buying* shadows and liners... hello, addiction.) The closest I got to just minimizing it was vaseline, so when I read reviews of this stuff's healing powers and that it was essentially suped-up vaseline, I was prepared to spend on just one more product.

And this stuff finally delivered.

Literally, 48 hours later, the spot is 98% gone. It looks fresh, healed, moisturized, with just a tiny bit of raised skin left. So I've been using it on my lips, and I'm pretty sure I can finally get away with a matte red with no catching! Using it around my nose, which cracks like crazy too. All healed and happy.

Beautiful, beautiful stuff.

One word of warning, if your eczema is caused by allergies, be wary, the lanolin in it might set you off in a worse way.

For the rest of us... run, don't walk, sell your first born if you must, for a tube of this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this more than a decade ago and am embarrassed to say that I'm still using it and it hasn't spoiled. It's not a regular use product for me - too greasy for my oily skin and in a tropical climate - but it doesn't break me out. It's great for chapped lips and prepping lips before lipstick, though a bit sticky. It also calms the skin down when it's misbehaving.

However, I now prefer using Egyptian Magic as it's natural and it also works great on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by dumbdegenerate

An absolute must, I'm never without this.

I bought it as I read somewhere that the name comes from its ability to sooth and heal in 8 hours. That may be an urban legend, but I definitely think it speeds up healing. I have very dry hands and they get a fair beating in my job - I'm always chapped and covered in scrapes and scratches. I load this on overnight and everything is calmed down dramatically by the time I get up.

I pretty much use it all over the place whenever I have a scrape or dry skin. Its also very soothing for eczema. The tube is great for dispensing a little at a time, but I think I may have to see if it comes in a pot version as its so thick that once you are nearing the end its tricky to get much out. It does come in a handy lipstick form though, If you are only using it for lips.

For the price, I think its great as a tube lasts aaaaaaaages!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I use this cream for 6 years and I obviously love this cream, as I buy another tube, when Iīm running out of it.
For reference: I have dehydrated, sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin.
The reason this cream is so lovely is the fact, that it is a real multi-purpose cream. Many products claim to be; this is tested by me for 6 years and I can tell you, itīs true.
Itīs not an everyday product, but whenever I deal with problems concerning my skin, I find myself reaching for this.
Lips: I tend to have dry lips and to archieve full, soft lips, I put it on overnight. I also use MACs Ruby Woo lipstick, which is very drying. To prepare my lips for this matte lipstick and give them a perfect look, I use this overnight.
In wintertime, I use it in daytime to protect my lips from the cold.
Skin: Generally, it can be used on damaged, chapped, dry skin. In wintertime, I use it once or twice a week overnight. Not every night, because I have to be careful with my acne-prone skin. But in all the time I used this, I never broke out from this! I put it directly on my skin and it takes away all the dry spots and irritated skin. Leaves me with really plump and soft skin in the morning. I also put some serum or moisturizer underneath and a layer of it on top. Works wonders on my poor skin in cold, harsh climate.
I rarely use it in daytime, but when the weather is really cold and I want to take a walk outside, I put it on and my skin is protected from the cold. To me, this is not a cream or moisturizer, but a treatment for the skin. And I donīt use a tiny amount on my skin as other reviewers, I slather it on. I donīt mind my skin being greasy, as I use it mostly overnight.
Thanks god, I didnīt have any sunburns in the past few years, but I can easily imagine as some reviewers said, that it helps the skin to heal after a sunburn.
Hands: I confess, itīs a little bit too expensive in my opinion to use as a hand cream, but when my hands were super dry and literally cracking and red in wintertime, I put a layer on my hands overnight. The same result: Healed, nice, soft skin. And my cuticles did look good. Maybe also a good cuticle cream.
Make-up: I use it as a cheekbone highlighter, to get a glossy look over my eyeshadow on my eyelids and on my eyebrows as it gives them a nice shine. But honestly, for make-up purposes, you donīt need this, you can use an ordinary vaseline.
Another reviewer mentioned, that you can use it during a flight to keep your skin in tip-top condition. I will try it out!
The formula is a slightly yellow thick balm and it has a similar texture to vaseline. But thatīs where the comparison ends.
Unlike vaseline, it smells "healthy", like herbs or something.
It has a very thick texture and I agree with other reviewers, if you warm it in your fingers, you can apply it more easily.
And I never put vaseline on my skin, but I bet, simple vaseline cannot do the job as the the 8 hour cream.
Some people are upset about the ingredients. Maybe the ingredients by itself are simple and nothing special, but itīs the mixture, that makes them work. And my super-sensitive skin never ever reacted with irritations or clogged pores when I used this.
Some people are upset about the price. Itīs expensive and I buy a tube whenever itīs on sale or when I travel at the airport duty free shop. But it lasts me about a year and is soo multifunctional, that I spend the money again and again on this cream willingly.
The mother of my girlfriend used to work for Elizabeth Arden many years ago and although she stopped working for the company 15 years ago, she still buys the 8 hour cream for the regular price, because itīs so good. That should tell you, how good this cream is.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is just phenomenal . Its a pretty standard,basic and kinda dated formulation since all it contains is vaseline,salicylic acid and a tiny amount of vitamin E. So its pretty much just vaseline actually the 56% of this product is vaseline so if you have oily skin i think its time for you to stop reading this review lol. just to get thinks str8 because im so SICK of hearing ignorant people talking nonsense vaseline aka petrolatum and mineral oil are both considered to be the safest and the best way to moisturize your skin "Topical application of petrolatum and mineral oil can help the skin’s outer layer recover from damage, reduce inflammation, and generally heal the skin (Source: Acta Dermato-Venereologica, November–December 2000, pages 412–415).Also "Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most nonirritating moisturizing ingredients ever found (Sources: Cosmetics & Toiletries, January 2001, page 79; and Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2000, pages 44–46"glad we solved that! Anyway back to the review. the winter this is my go to night time moisturizer works wonders for me i apply a thick layer of this and no matter in what condition my skin is the next morning i wake up with just soft, calmed plumped moisturized face. Words cant describe how good this stuff is and I never get excited about a skin care product feels greasy when i first apply it and i look oily but i dont mind i only use it before i go to bed. I wish they had a lighter version of this so i can use it during the day as well . Also ive noticed that for my sensitive skin this works incredibly well always manages to calm my skin down and also i found that reduces redness better than everything ive tried . Has never broken me out and never had any kind of problem with it i just love it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by jojohoho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always have Eight Hour Cream in my bag. I mainly use as lip balm, it leaves my lips shiny and moisturised without any stickiness. But it's also great as an intensive moisturiser for the hands, for dry flaky patches on your face, to tame eyebrows, as a brow or cheek highlighter... and the list goes on. Yes it smells kind of weird, but I don't find the scent overly intense. One tube lasts for ages and ages. Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Highly effective moisturiser for parched body skin areas (I'm thinking elbows, feet and hands). Soothing on eczema too!

Given this product's uber rich, thick consistency though, would proceed with caution if intent on using it facially.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brilliant! It took me awhile to decide to invest in it, but it's a decision I'll never go back on. I bought this a year ago, and I've barely made a dent in it. Sometimes I forget it's hiding in my draw and it's when I have stubborn dry, flaky and crummy lips that my usual lip balms are no match for do I remember I have this! One use and my lips are like 'chapped what?!'

I want to see if they have it as a chapstick.