April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I have purchased this ss several times and will continue to do so. The texture is light weight. It's perfect for my combination skin/oily T-zone. I always wear it under make-up during the hot and humid summer months. Love the spf 30 protection also my skin does better with chemical ss. This is a great ss for those with oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite sunscreen of all time! It doesn't have those weird smells that other sunscreen has and it dries really quickly. I have really oily skin so I hate using sunscreens in the summer because they all feel really greasy. This kind of feels like a primer, and it doesn't irritate my skin which is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by joaquina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got combination skin. I thought that my face was oily enough to try this out under my makeup (I wear Almay's Line Smoothing Makeup).

It left my face super, super dry. After wearing this for a week, I got dry patches on my cheeks and my upper lip was dandruffy. Awful.

I don't know how it would work alone, but under makeup it will murder your skin.

So Beware of this if you've got dry skin. Also, the price is very high. I live in Chile, so to the price you pay in the USA, add double.

I imagine that if your skin were super oily, then this would work well for you (but I mean SUPER OILY).

If it were on sale, I'd buy it again for my chest. Not for my face. However, for the chest and arms you've got Banana Boat's Ultra Defense Ultra Sheer sunblock that is just as good and way cheaper. So no... I guess I wouldn't purchase this again.

The only thing I really liked was the packaging. The cap is a great idea as those plastic snap-off caps don't last very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was no less greasy and shiny on my skin than any other sunblock I've tried. Very misleading. Not worth the price. The only good thing about it is that it does its job in protecting the skin from the sun so I have given it a 2 instead of a 1.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by liefje

I thought this would be a good sunscreen for my face. The first day, it was ok, but halfway through the second day, it was burning my skin on the chin. A week later, the skin on my chin has not stopped peeling and is still so sore and senstive.
I now use it on my arms and chest and no reaction there. I don't even consider myself to have sensitive skin, but there's is something in this sunscreen that is not good. I would test a small patch first for a couple of days to ensure your face can tolerate this.
19/12/10 update. Cannot wear this on my body either as it made my skin itch like crazy. Also broke out on hives. The only good thing to come out of all this, is that I discovered Anessa.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

The important stuff: this sunscreen feels AMAZING. It's incredibly light weight and it's one of the few sunscreens out there that just vanishes after you put it on. You don't feel it at all during the day (it even makes your skin feel smoother), which is incredible considering I have oily skin and I normally shine like a lightbulb with any sort of sunscreen on. The smell is light and fresh, so it doesn't bother me at all.

However, a downside to how quickly/easily this sunscreen absorbs into your skin is that it doesn't really work under makeup. It works fine by itself, but once you start to put on powder makeup or something similar on top, it can quickly dry out your skin. I would recommend this for outdoor activities or everyday use when you don't have much makeup on. If you're a heavy makeup user, I would recommend getting a lotion with sunscreen in it instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful SPF if your face is extremely oily. This does not add any extra sheen to my face at all. I usually follow this with Laura Mercier Powder Foundation and I think for my excessively oily skin, this is the best look I get.

April 17/2011 - this is still the best summertime SPF/makeup combo for me. I can use a full tsp. of this Neutrogena sunscreen on my face without looking like a greasy mess. Superb sunscreen that even doesn't clog my huge pores! Just make sure to use a good makeup remover before cleansing at night.

June 25, 2011 - Oh my goodness! This worked well for me for quite awhile and then clogged pores and TONS of milia on my face. Back to Sofina SPF50 (why did I change my SPF? No clue.) until I find something better. As far as shine went, the Neutrogena was the best for my super oily skin. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this sunscreen, and so does my husband. It does irritate my eyes a little, but after a week or so of using, it no longer bothered me. No breakouts whatsoever, and stays fairly matte and is not sticky on your face. It also mixes very well with LM oil-free foundation for a DIY TM and even with the LM mineral powder, and lessens the need to powder my face during the day. It is very inexpensive and worth trying. Also note, I find the spf 30 much better than the spf 45, which caused irritation and a rash, and also looks shinier on.

**update: gives me little bumps on my forehead now so down a lippie. Still use it on my body, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by yesitrejo

Really like this product! I've never been a fan of sunscreen especially on my face because it makes me feel oily but this sunscreen goes on smooth and leaves your skin feeling soft and keeps it protected from the sun. For the price it is worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 30:
[4.5] Stars
PROS
-SPF 30
-Very light weight
-Lightly smooths skin
-Cheap
-Doesn't break me out
-Smells clean
CONS
-Neutrogena tests on animals

Recommendation: If you can get past the animal testing I say go for it!