Philosophy Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

3.3

on 1/17/2006 10:45:00 PM

This is my HG tinted lipbalm. It just adds a touch of sheer berry color, not like the screaming hot pink that Benetint lipbalm is upon my lips. The packaging is a little annoying though. I have both the pot and tube form, and the tube really needs a slanted tip for better application, because it's a pain to apply tinted balms with you fingers and ending up wasting product and having tinted fingertips and clothing, furniture, etc. The balm itself is nearly perfect, not waxy or sticky, just smooth and very moisturizing. It doesn't make your lips look like plastic, it just imparts a lovely soft shine. Aside from the packaging, the only thing I would change is the scent. I prefer the minty scent of the Kiss Me pink balm over the strange (but thankfully not overpowering) citrusy scent of Kiss Me red. I will keep repurchasing this, although the pots last a very long time!

on 12/2/2005 12:59:00 AM

I got this in the Philisophy Winter Survival kit and I was really excited to get it, however, it has an awful taste and smell... YUCK! Its really thick but doesnt last long on my lips. Not going to repurchase this one.

on 11/18/2005 4:29:00 PM

This is a good gloss, in my opinion. It isn't sticky and leaves just a hint of color on my lips, much like if I ate a popsicle. The smell of this gloss is a bit odd.. not bad, just odd.

on 11/18/2005 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's sticky and it smells bad.

on 11/8/2005 5:35:00 PM

Decent but not great lasting power, zero visible color despite the "red" name, no SPP and funky, citrusy band-aid flavor. This is one philosophy product that isn't worth the money.

on 11/1/2005 9:11:00 PM

Ummmmm I'm confused... It's supposed to be red right? So why does mine look purple? It honestly looks purple, no red at all. But it says red on the bottom. I have this in jar form. I get no color pay off on my lips. It just makes them really gloss which is nice. But it's runny. Smells like orange car cleaner or something. Tastes a little odd too. I just don't know what to think about this....

*update*

Now I have the tube and I like the tube wayyy more than the jar. The color still looks purple and it still smells and tastes funky BUT this isn't runny and gross! It's nice and smooth. Makes my lips shiny.

on 10/26/2005 8:22:00 PM

i hate the smell but thats probably the only thing i dislike about this lip balm. i like the color i like the feeling. its slick enough and moisterizing enough for me to wear it at night but i like to wear it durring the day mostly. i like also , that its got alot of product, i dont mind it being in a tub, i can watch my progress of how much i'm using. i would buy it again if i ran out of lip balm. but i've got a big stash of different ones already

on 10/20/2005 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Personally, I believe that Kiss Me red should not be categorized as a lip gloss but anyhow, on with the review. In the pot, the color looks like a scary fuchsia but on my medium pink lips the result is a my lips but slightly better shade. Kiss Me red enhances the color of your lips and leaves a soft shine but wonít give much additional color. Iíve always hated the feel of waxy balms such as Chapstick on my lips because they felt heavy and thinner balms donít give my lips much protection during the winter. Although Kiss Me does contain petrolatum, the main ingredient is lanolin so youíre not buying overpriced Vaseline. Since I starting using this over 2 years ago, I donít think Iíve had chapped lips, just nice soft ones. If you eat or drink immediately after applying this, be warned because this product tastes horrible. I normally use this at least twice a day, hours after its application my lips still feel soft and moisturized.

on 10/8/2005 1:24:00 PM

Though this isn't the best lip balm I've tried, it's a good one. I love the smell and the color is natural. I like this balm because it has color but is mousturizing. I tend to reach for this a lot, but not as much as my new Tutti Dolci Apple Torta gloss.

on 9/24/2005 7:09:00 PM

I have nothing good to say about this product. Pigment makes no difference. Melts waaaay too easily (we're talking in my purse, during a walk to work in 90F, not leaving it in the car for 3 hrs). Since it melts easily, also migrates off lips due to body heat. Broke me out around my lipline. Smells and tastes unpleasant. Still looking for a tinted lipgloss/lipbalm.